[Accepted] Improving transfer gear

Wilcox

[Accepted] Improving transfer gear

#1 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2015 10:54

I transferred my warrior from retail. I know it's free and my warrior still remains there and all but come on now.The terms state that I'll receive starting gear, emblems etc etc. All I received was 6,5k gold & 600 emblems of heroism. With the gold, you can buy your spells & riding & mount.With the emblems, you can buy a shield, chest, gloves, waist, necklace and a trinket.Rest of the item slots are empty and that isn't starting gear at all.It's nothing if it's not complete.Right now I'm a level 80 warrior with no defensive/berserker stance & I can't even queue Utgarde Keep in the DF.

My understanding of starting gear is something like, you know, it's supposed to allow you to start right away. Nothing of the expansion starts at all if you can't even queue utgarde, feel me? I'm not sure if this was a mistake or intended, but this seems like utter bullshit to me.

benzviliran

Re: Transfer gear is terrible

#2 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Jul 2015 10:59

Why the hell no one gave him a shadowmourne and full wrath? how he is supposed to start like that?!?!?!
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2015 11:08

nobody asked for that. some 187 item level pieces wouldn't be bad though. don't derail the topic with your bullshit like you do with other topics

awaiting an explanation from a staff member please

benzviliran

#4 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Jul 2015 11:12

Wilcox wrote:nobody asked for that. some 187 item level pieces wouldn't be bad though. don't derail the topic with your bullshit like you do with other topics

rofl calm done i was joking, im allowed to joke like you do, anyway those emblems are enough to have an average gs of 200 which is enough for rhcs and might also be enough for HOR thats more than enough, maybe about the gold you are right 6500 is low and should be around 12k as you have to buy expert flying cold weather flying learn spells etc thats already about 10k gold.
I am the swarm

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 03 Jul 2015 11:13

We're considering slightly increasing the starting gear so players can queue heroics but that won't affect previous transfers. You still received a level 80 and you're able to do everything other fresh 80s can do, who need to get some gear from quests and normal mode dungeons to replace their greens.

Wilcox

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2015 11:22

benzviliran wrote:
Wilcox wrote:nobody asked for that. some 187 item level pieces wouldn't be bad though. don't derail the topic with your bullshit like you do with other topics

rofl calm done i was joking, im allowed to joke like you do, anyway those emblems are enough to have an average gs of 200 which is enough for rhcs and might also be enough for HOR thats more than enough, maybe about the gold you are right 6500 is low and should be around 12k as you have to buy expert flying cold weather flying learn spells etc thats already about 10k gold.
this is general support. if you have nothing productive to say, you say nothing at all. i did not write my request in a way to be mocked, nor in bad grammar. there is nothing to make fun of here.

FYI. no you cannot get that gear with emblems of heroism. see for yourself ingame if you so badly wish to.
Roel wrote:We're considering slightly increasing the starting gear so players can queue heroics but that won't affect previous transfers. You still received a level 80 and you're able to do everything other fresh 80s can do, who need to get some gear from quests and normal mode dungeons to replace their greens.
copy that boss, thank you. l&a

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 03 Jul 2015 11:25

On retail when you instant level a character to 90 you get shit gear too ie ilvl 483 green items, know this is far higher than available in wrath but it still says the same thing, blizz dont give decent gear to instantlly levelled chars,

Wilcox

#8 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2015 11:54

it's still a -complete- set & you're able to queue dungeons. also 90 is not the max level and your gear is good enough to quest with until 100. it isn't the exact same case. but blizzard at the end of all things gives complete sets. here with EoH, i can only buy like what 7 pieces? not that my emblems are limited, it's the limit of the things you can buy with it.

Relina

#9 » Post by Relina » 03 Jul 2015 11:55

A complete gear set of ilvl 180+ green / blue items is far more useful than what is currently provided, to a new transfer.

Though tbh the current template transfer system is not really an issue for players who already own 1 or more characters at max level on TW as they should be more than able to fill the missing slots, but to a player who is completely new to TW using the current system provides nothing more than false start.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Liqueur » 03 Jul 2015 12:09

It's extremely easy to get ilvl 264 BoE stuff from everywhere, they aren't expensive either and let's not forget all the ilvl 200 items people just throw after you to get rid of. All that and you get your gs up to 5k almost. That's how I start gearing my fresh 80s, no big deal. It might be rough for a completely new player who just transferred his/her first character, but those who already have level 80s around, really shouldn't complain.
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2015 12:13

so I shouldn't complain about a problem that isn't really that much of a big deal for me, but it still creates a bad image for new players? it's like watching a thief steal something but you keep silent because he isn't stealing from you anyway..

Wilcox

#12 » Post by Wilcox » 05 Jul 2015 00:33

will anything be done regarding this, staff team?

mcheka

#13 » Post by mcheka » 05 Jul 2015 07:03

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. When you ding 80 after proper levelling, you're gonna be in mostly shit greens and have an average ilvl of like 150 when you ding 80. How is this any different? Also, 10 emblems of heroism = 200 gold if you spend it on Ametrine/Dreadstone/Eye of Zul. Get the pieces you can (you can't fill all the slots, as you said), then raid the AH for the usual cheap 264 ICC BoEs and some lower level blue and epic stuff (ilvl 150-187 or even 200), maybe something crafted.

It's not great, but still better than when I ding 80 on a newly-levelled char, I found my transferred char quite a lot easier to start dungeons with than a freshly dinged one. I wouldn't be against characters receiving predefined 187 gear or something along those lines to cover all the slots, though.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Relina

#14 » Post by Relina » 05 Jul 2015 07:35

mcheka wrote: It's not great, but still better than when I ding 80 on a newly-levelled char, I found my transferred char quite a lot easier to start dungeons with than a freshly dinged one. I wouldn't be against characters receiving predefined 187 gear or something along those lines to cover all the slots, though.
Having a predefined gear set for the transfers that are not 1:1 would also remove the need to grant those transfers any emblems or as much gold as currently given.
Infact the transfer template can be further improved, instead of giving gold to the player to learn the needed spells/riding skills they should already be pre learnt, and also 4x20 slot bags along with a minimal amount of gold.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Naljs

#15 » Post by Naljs » 05 Jul 2015 08:39

I don't know what you consider "cheap" ilvl 264 items. The only cheap ones are like a 2 melee rings, shammy healing legs, tank ranged weapon and hpal belt. Sometimes the cloth shoulders and agility neck as well, but mostly they're quite expensive. Anything above 2k gold isn't considered cheap for a player with a very limited gold stash. Even the ilvl 200 BoE's would cost a fortune if they were to cover all slots. The thing is, your idea to get gold and raid AH isn't gonna work. Using Emblems will get you most of the stuff you need but a weapon.
Why not make it simple, lvl 78 crafted gear and pre-80 crafted weapons for everyone! There is both PvP and PvE gear for everyone :)
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.