Making Relentless weapons available for honor.

Naljs

Re: Making Relentless weapons available for honor.

#16 » Post by Naljs » 11 Jun 2015 13:43

ItchyVortex wrote:I want to say that these items are collector items that should not be obtainable anymore, but theres a million servers out there where you can get them easily and transfer here so... I accept it for honor + ap.
I think it would be fair to see s5 and s6 weaps being sold too, maybe release them periodically?
S6 librams and relics are being sold for honor only at the Furious gear vendor. Maybe we could add the Furious or weapons slightly above the gear honor cost?
Or better yet, add the Deadly weapons for honor only. Furious weapons as a "tier 1" PvP wep for ap + honor, and Relentless as a "tier 2" for a little higher ap + honor + maybe 700-1100 rating? I am aware you could just get added to a 1k+ team to buy them, but still :) It's an idea!

On a side note, I'd like to ask something slightly offtopic. How come I see so many hordes with Brutal Gladiator title?
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

BozoBog

#17 » Post by BozoBog » 11 Jun 2015 15:01

This topic is definitely worth of discussion, would be nice to hear more opinions.

This sounds nice to me:

- Furious weapons for honor,
- Relentless weapons for honor + arena points and maybe even some symbolic arena rating, like 700 which is rating required for relentless libram if I am not mistaken.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

Doctor_J
Developer

#18 » Post by Doctor_J » 11 Jun 2015 15:57

Roel wrote:
Naljs wrote:If it were available for just honor then.. no, just no. Funserver factor too high on this one.
True, to be in line with other pvp items it would need to cost arena points (without rating requirement). Only furious weapons could possibly be offered for honor only...

And with that, I really don't see many people who would buy them if they are available. Unless they wouldn't do any PvE at all.
Well since there are two tiers for relentless weapons as there with Wrathful maybe T1 Honor only T2 arena points or arena/points + honor without rating.

ItchyVortex

#19 » Post by ItchyVortex » 11 Jun 2015 16:01

I think T2 weaps from past seasons should have a high rating requirement, like 1950 or even 2.2k
Its outdated items but i dont want to see everyone running around with T2 weaps anyway.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Doctor_J
Developer

#20 » Post by Doctor_J » 11 Jun 2015 16:16

If T2 weapons cost arena points or arena points+honor there wont be that many people running around with t2 weapons without doing arenas especially since without doing arenas you can only get 25 ap per day and probably pure ap is more appropriate.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#21 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 11 Jun 2015 16:45

If rele T2 weapons would require that much rating, nobody will be getting them, as they can get WF at 1800
sure, a collector could, but then again there are not many colectors out there

I would say make rele wep t1 be honor only
and wep t2 be honor +200-300 AP

(we all know if they require too much AP and rating, people won't buy them to use, since they can just use the t1 wep untill they get WF ones)
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

marko1984

#22 » Post by marko1984 » 11 Jun 2015 17:13

tbh without this topic being accepted http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 5&start=45 this rele weap thing is meaningless to me :p
Three mages!

Nephyx
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Nephyx » 11 Jun 2015 17:36

In my opinion, we should rather give furious weapons for "starters" in pvp for some high amount of honor only. As someone else already said, giving relentless weapons for honor would make them way too easy to get for pve as well as fresh lvl80, because ilevel245 is not as easy to obtain as ilevel232 for example.

Giving relentless weapons for honor and arena points is other thing, but I don't know, if its really needed to simplify the gearing that much. You should be aiming for Wrathful tier 1 and 2 weapons for honor and arena points not for relentless.

Making Furious weapons available for honor as some kind of "PvP starting weapon" should be sufficient change at the moment. It gives people who do not PvE at all a chance to do something till they aquire better gear, relentless would be too much in my opinion.
Naljs wrote:On a side note, I'd like to ask something slightly offtopic. How come I see so many hordes with Brutal Gladiator title?
As far as I know, there are currently 4 active people with this title. It was given to top players at the end of arena season on Spermik. There is chance that few people from Bloodcraft and Gaming Consortium might have obtained this title as well.
Right Conquers Might

Naljs

#24 » Post by Naljs » 11 Jun 2015 19:31

Nephyx wrote:In my opinion, we should rather give furious weapons for "starters" in pvp for some high amount of honor only. As someone else already said, giving relentless weapons for honor would make them way too easy to get for pve as well as fresh lvl80, because ilevel245 is not as easy to obtain as ilevel232 for example.

Giving relentless weapons for honor and arena points is other thing, but I don't know, if its really needed to simplify the gearing that much. You should be aiming for Wrathful tier 1 and 2 weapons for honor and arena points not for relentless.

Making Furious weapons available for honor as some kind of "PvP starting weapon" should be sufficient change at the moment. It gives people who do not PvE at all a chance to do something till they aquire better gear, relentless would be too much in my opinion.
Naljs wrote:On a side note, I'd like to ask something slightly offtopic. How come I see so many hordes with Brutal Gladiator title?
As far as I know, there are currently 4 active people with this title. It was given to top players at the end of arena season on Spermik. There is chance that few people from Bloodcraft and Gaming Consortium might have obtained this title as well.
Exactly what I think as well. People seem to forget the damage Relentless weapons have, it would be pretty absurd to not include arena points in the cost, maybe even up to 1k AP, seeing the Relentless set pieces reaches up to 770 AP, 1k is only 230 more and isn't that much to ask of someone for a weapon of those standards.
Furious weapons aren't weak at all, so I also agree it should be a pretty high cost then, probably as much as a Wrathful offset part (no, not necklace), 60k+.

EDIT: No, I don't think anyone from Bloodcraft were able to obtain those titles, it was a very strict Blizzclone community.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Karter
Donor

#25 » Post by Karter » 12 Jun 2015 14:53

Relentless weapons for Honor+AP sounds good to me.

I don't think this would turn the server more into a funserver, there's a difference between giving these things away the way a funserver does, and trying to make it reasonably blizzlike, so pure-blizzlike babies pls gtfo, ty.
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

MacHeat

#26 » Post by MacHeat » 20 Jun 2015 04:04

i agree with this. give weps. its good to help out fresh 80's, especially now when bis geared ppl are playing the only bracket of truewow.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Mac - Undead Warlock SPERMIK
MacHeat - Demolition Warlock ™, Blood Elf - Bloodcraft
MacHeat - Undead Warlock TW!]

Wilcox

#27 » Post by Wilcox » 20 Jun 2015 07:13

plz i need rele weps ;d

Myaoming
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Myaoming » 21 Jun 2015 03:06

Would be sad if this gets rejected. Very sad.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

assassin10

#29 » Post by assassin10 » 21 Jun 2015 04:04

As someone who played in TBC I found it really strange coming here and finding out the first PvP weapons I could get were ilvl 264 arena items. Why didn't the Relentless vendor sell Relentless weapons? Why didn't the Furious vendor sell Furious weapons? How was I supposed to get anywhere in PvP if I couldn't even get properly equipped?

Fretykso

#30 » Post by Fretykso » 21 Jun 2015 10:45

I agree with most ppl who stated their point of view here. Rrelentless weapons should be available that way. Maybe that would stimulate the PvP more?