[Accepted] heirlooms for newcomers

Karter
Donor

Re: heirlooms for newcomers

#16 » Post by Karter » 15 Apr 2015 18:19

Sinnerly wrote:@karter

it's not about being uptight and clutching your asshole all day , it's about make the community grow and getting more players around
and leveling players are way more important then 80s imo.

If you think that new players are coming here not for the blizzlike experience but because they can vote to get heirlooms rather fast, you are delusional.

Voting for heirlooms should only be viewed as a reward for the dedicated, not a charity for new players who can't be bothered to vote a little longer for the well being of the server and themselves.
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Roel
Founder

#17 » Post by Roel » 15 Apr 2015 18:37

150 points sounds good to me, 15 days of active voting to get the 20% xp boost, 30 days if voting once a day. The xp boost will motivate less active people especially in the lvl 60-80 range. We certainly don't want to make it too cheap, if they get full heirlooms before lvl 80 then there is less reason to keep voting unless they want to prepare for a nice mount.

Sinnerly

#18 » Post by Sinnerly » 15 Apr 2015 19:08

Dr. Who wrote:
Karter wrote:Must I remind you that heirlooms shouldn't have been obtainable by people who don't have a level 80 character in the first place?
I think that simply giving them the option to vote for heirlooms is generous enough, doesn't mean it has to be easy or fast.
Give a man one finger and he will take your whole hand.
+1 to that. you toke the words of my mouth.
Sinnerly wrote:it's not about being uptight and clutching your asshole all day , it's about make the community grow and getting more players around
and leveling players are way more important then 80s imo.
well if 80 are not that important then why you wana "give" the heirlooms?
that take the whole retail experience of lvling that we offer.
this server is becoming more and more fun server with the time pas with the "intuit" and the "excuse" of getting more people.
i didn't say or lower the price too much i said we should cut back because voting for 12 1/5 days for 1 heirloom is too much and we could hit 2 birds with one stone , more players leveling and more people using vote points other then emblems which i like to do , most of my heirlooms are from VP.
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Etro
Honorary Member

#19 » Post by Etro » 15 Apr 2015 19:15

Karter wrote:Must I remind you that heirlooms shouldn't have been obtainable by people who don't have a level 80 character in the first place?
I think that simply giving them the option to vote for heirlooms is generous enough, doesn't mean it has to be easy or fast.
Give a man one finger and he will take your whole hand.
I agree with this. I would rather to keep the price they have or remove them.

When I first leveled Etro, my first character here, I got my first heirloom at around level 30 and the second at level 50. I certainly wasn't hurrying with leveling but I still got 2 of them way before getting to 60+. It only made leveling easier and faster.

The only plus I see to this suggestion is to get more newcomers to vote and I understand the good in that, ofc, but it would come at the cost of trivialising leveling in our server just a bit more.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Sinnerly

#20 » Post by Sinnerly » 15 Apr 2015 19:17

@karter

i didn't say give them free looms and give them gold and insta 80s with icc25hc gear i said lower the price voting for about 2 weeks for 1 loom is useless and gives you less reasons to vote , we win both with this thing more players while keeping the blizzlikeness and more ranks on the charts

@roel

you just made the idea better and 150 is good and since when you get 20% for 15 days of active voting? and mostly we need to motive players from ranks about 30 to 50s to be more active , when i came backed and leveled a warrior for a bit i found out that these ranks pvp and pve is a little bit slow and i mostly focused on pve.

Sinnerly

#21 » Post by Sinnerly » 15 Apr 2015 19:22

@etro

it won't effect much on the leveling experience because if you are fully loomed like some chars i got you only get 25% exp bounce , and as you can see from the server alliance is kinda struggling with players and most of them are running to the horde side because it's better in pvp and pve now , and horde que for up to 30 players in bgs and alliance are not que'ed at all we can't force players to change faction we can only motive new players to come so we could keep the balance of the server.

Roel
Founder

#22 » Post by Roel » 15 Apr 2015 19:23

Sinnerly wrote:since when you get 20% for 15 days of active voting?
I meant that you get 20% xp boost by buying a chest and shoulder heirloom, that's the major reason why they are so good for leveling.

Sinnerly

#23 » Post by Sinnerly » 15 Apr 2015 19:28

Roel wrote:
Sinnerly wrote:since when you get 20% for 15 days of active voting?
I meant that you get 20% xp boost by buying a chest and shoulder heirloom, that's the major reason why they are so good for leveling.
aha i thought i missed some stuff

ItchyVortex

#24 » Post by ItchyVortex » 15 Apr 2015 23:49

But Roel new players also wont vote if they see they can get to 80 before getting 2 heirloom pieces, and if a "less active player" does not have time to level fast, why would he have time to vote twice a day for months.

Helping new players get heirlooms would also be a good step to promote low level bg and reduce twink unbalance.

The arguement that you should not get heirlooms before having level 80's.... What if i had a thousand 80's in retail and other private servers but didnt level on TW yet... or made a new account? And what exactly is the problem of having heirlooms with no 80 char? Because you need to experience the "fun", "challenging" and long leveling experience once? pls
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Dr. Who

#25 » Post by Dr. Who » 15 Apr 2015 23:58

well. if that's what happen on retail why would we that try be the most blizzlike possible be different? we are already been nice and placing it on the shop when it shouldn't be there since it can be obtained ingame.

on my opinion on the shop shoulded be only items that cant be obtained normal way in game like card reward's , PvP mounts , pets and all that stuff that no longer we are able to obtain ingame.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

assassin10

#26 » Post by assassin10 » 16 Apr 2015 00:10

I feel like Heirlooms shouldn't be something that everyone has easy access to. What's the point of all those fancy chestpieces, shoulders, and weapons you can get while leveling if literally nobody wants them?

And you must remember that heirlooms don't just help you get to 80. They help you get there multiple times. That Dread Pirate Ring is going to help every single character on your account.

Sinnerly

#27 » Post by Sinnerly » 16 Apr 2015 00:19

if what i said about looms and population was bad how about you make a better suggestion at least other then rejecting the idea?
some we need more people to play more votes to roll and a good leveling experience and by good i don't mean fight mobs for months with shit green and blue gear and stuff no i mean make friends and run dungeons and get to know people , too much blizzlikeness isn't fun if you ask me whats fun is meeting people and leveling with them and stuff and thats how i met most of my friends on TW , once the population drop due to quitting players and stuff don't be screaming and bitching on GM's and server owner bitch and moan to your bitch ass.

Dr. Who

#28 » Post by Dr. Who » 16 Apr 2015 01:02

you dont need to be so mean. lol
you said your opinion and we are saying our.
when you came to this server you knew for what you was coming right?
the "blizzlikenes" like you said is what make this server so proud. losing that will make us be the same as the other server's.
i 1º join this server to experience the most close blizz experience i could get on private server.
we are and we advertise to be (or at least this server was trying ,nowadays i'm starting to have my doubts after some things) the most blizzlike server out there that give the most closest retail exp people can have.
so after said all this stop suggesting stuff that take us out of that road, unless the Staff wana make us fun server, that way yea we may get more people but then we are +1 of so many, all the same with no difference i mean,only the name of the server change.
why not add inst 80 to shop?
why not up the rates to?
why not add some custom armour / weapons?
:twisted: :twisted:
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Karter
Donor

#29 » Post by Karter » 16 Apr 2015 01:07

Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

Bluebell
Former Staff

#30 » Post by Bluebell » 16 Apr 2015 02:40

Don't really think heirlooms should be cheap, they were made afaik as something to allow people who'd got an 80 to be able to level one quickly so they could get involved with their guild's raids w/e quickly

On the topic of voting, really? Have you seen the lists? Not saying voting isn't important, but we don't need to be much higher imo. Anyone looking on the lists would just see "FUN SERVER" or "INSTANT 80" everywhere. If they're looking for Blizzlike, it's more than likely they'll see us anyway, without us having mass votes.

Realistically it isn't going to change much, it'll just mean some people get heirlooms earlier. How many newbies you think would actually check the shop and vote every day? Hardly any. But hey, slippery slope
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?