[Accepted] heirlooms for newcomers

Dr. Who

Re: heirlooms for newcomers

#46 » Post by Dr. Who » 17 Apr 2015 00:40

Roel i trust you and even if you no longer play i still remember you and i have those times in my heart, i still see you as a friend and not as the Owner of the server and that's 1 of many reasons i'm still in this server after all this time. =)

when i said " lv in 1 day " that was just an example what i mean was " lv really fast " , i know by the currant rules you wouldn't allow that but still... people dont get it, this is a blizzlike server not a fun server and it seams for them its all the same and that is making me mad, many dont even had tryed retail so they dont give a tham but many like me had good times in retail and left because need the money to other things and why pay if we can be here for free and enjoy same way (same as retail).
Dont take me rong with what i said Roel... but that comment made me realy mad.... sory. =)
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Roel
Founder

#47 » Post by Roel » 17 Apr 2015 01:29

Glad you still see me as friend, it has really been a while since I played but I still care for the server and I wouldn't like seeing you leave. It also makes me mad if people are abusing the system which is why I added more checks to combat that. Anyway I can assure you that my new system is less rewarding than the 1:1 transfers, even if it's used for a higher rate server, but we have other topics to continue a discussion like that.

The point is, it's my responsibility to keep the server alive and make sure you enjoy it. All the hard work on your characters would be useless if our population drops to zero. Therefore we need to make some compromises like vote sites and motivation to vote like heirlooms, I don't think there is any populated server that survived without such a system. And our rewards are among the most conservative you will find anywhere.

So I am sticking with the middle ground of 200 web points but will wait until everyone has voiced their opinion.

Knewklear
Donor

#48 » Post by Knewklear » 17 Apr 2015 07:45

If 200 web points is the best deal Roel can offer, thus far, I'm down for it. I mean, hey, it beats 250.

Sinnerly

#49 » Post by Sinnerly » 18 Apr 2015 00:51

@karter

while i'm leveling most chars i met many players in many zones who were leveling and when i had a few chats with them while helping each other quest or do the same elite or mob killing quest we would chat up wow , most of them had a huge background on wow of many aspects and many of them left mid leveling "cuz they done this a million times" and doing it with normal gear makes shit worst.

@longi

i leveled a rogue a warrior a dk a pala a shaman a hunter and another warrior and planing on leveling a pala / warlock . and they are fully loomed btw , but going killing the same mobs / dude is boring as fuck
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Nyeriah

#50 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Apr 2015 01:11

So can we go for 200 and have both sides pleased? I mean, not giving too much and it ain't taking too much.

Etro
Honorary Member

#51 » Post by Etro » 18 Apr 2015 01:12

Sinnerly wrote:i leveled a rogue a warrior a dk a pala a shaman a hunter and another warrior and planing on leveling a pala / warlock . and they are fully loomed btw , but going killing the same mobs / dude is boring as fuck
That's a game design flaw. Inherent to how classes work (1 per character). Not that this line of my comment is particularly useful and relevant, though... :P

How would you know if someone has already leveled enough times, though? How many times is enough? Does 1 path of leveling is enough or we have to take into account for all factions, races and classes? Wouldn't it be a bit too generalizing if we just do this for everyone in the argument that "people" are tired of leveling over and over? But this is aimed at newcommers, right? What if the newcommers comes only with a fun server background? They wouldn't count for this argument, would they? It wouldn't be the same experience.What if the newcommer is new to WoW? Or if the newcommer has played wow but never experienced it before Cataclysm or after TBC or vanilla?

BTW, I'm not trying to be rhetoric. These are legitimate questions to try to empathise with you.
Last edited by Etro on 18 Apr 2015 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#52 » Post by Bluebell » 18 Apr 2015 01:14

Survey when you sign up to the server asks you these questions.

Everyone loves surveys!
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Sinnerly

#53 » Post by Sinnerly » 18 Apr 2015 02:26

@nye

i think 200 is kinda good

@etro

1- you can know them when the bitch and moan about quests or what classes have in a point on others and when you see them play it.

2-10 classes is enough

3-most factions and races start almost the same , orc /trolls are leveled in a shit zone , undead in a shitter zone , belfs kinda good zone , tauren it's good looking zone, draeni love that place , nelf shit zone , human kinda good , dwerf / gnome shit zone , and if you leveled 10 it's enough

4-why won't you level and try then tell me?

5-yeah it is, like i SAID IN EVERY POST MY FUCKING CHARS ARE FULLY LOOMED

6-if they came looms when get them to 80 in a second and people from fun server well go back to them

7-i think they would.

8-i was new to wow when i came here , i fucking hated it

9-looms when get him to 80 in second it would take time.

np dude and i'm glad to answer random questions people ask
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Roel
Founder

#54 » Post by Roel » 18 Apr 2015 15:32

I have set them to 200 points so we can be done with this. I believe everything of importance has been said already so locking now.