[Accepted] Transfer terms reform

Wilcox

[Accepted] Transfer terms reform

#1 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 22:39

After seeing 25 new players rejected to the server because of their server conditions, I thought of something more user friendly.Depending on their rates etc, level 80 characters will be handed out, limited to X numbers (?)

I got the idea from an old TBC server I used to play at, not by any means trying to advertise- their transfer terms are much better than ours.Give it a look and let's find a way for ourselves.We all need the new players, perhaps something similar could be offered to our italian friends.Those guys transfer characters even from different expansions this way.So if someone wants to come over from Cata or MOP, there we go. Many more opportunities to get new players with less hassle for everybody
http://croggesserver.se/Serverforum/sho ... otLK-realm

Note: It may be TERRIBLY against the code of being solely blizzlike, however, this is for the greater good, such as achieving a blizzlike population.

Nyeriah

Re: Transfer terms reform

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Mar 2015 22:49

This comes down to two things

1 ) Having a system that allows stripping the character off anything that could have been donated or creating some kind of downside if professions and reputation can be donated for on the given server
2 ) Set what are fair acceptable rates to our community that won't cause players to level characters on other servers to then transfer here. Or anything that would make it easier for other players to achieve than it is for ours.

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 22:51

As long as it securely leads to even 1 new player, there should be things we can do. I mean, if he comes from x100 server let him have level 50 char lol what does it matter? Player = player

Wilcox

#5 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 23:05

...and?

i dont really understand what you're trying to point out with those links. this way I suggest isn't exactly a transfer; you simply give the guy a fresh 80 with green/blue gear or some shit according to what their server conditions were, thats what i was trying to say

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Mar 2015 23:12

If they level a character to 80 on a x10 rated server they don't deserve a character at our server, be it in blues or whatever it is. The same way that if they can donate for reputations I won't see them running around with insane titles or anything like that, but reputation in that perspective has a lesser weight than experience.

Now this can (and will) be abused, so I would step more carefully with it. As I said, I propose having such transfer terms where the experience rates are not over the limit already set, but some players seem to disagree so we can, perhaps, leave that open for discussion.

The links are there just to show how much junk we had to deal with so far, and believe me these threads are nothing. I have a 11 pages long thread at the staff section with names and ids of every item that has been removed back in the time we allowed transfers from some servers.

Wilcox

#7 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 23:16

and as I suggested, if their rates are off the charts, give them level 70,60 or even 50. let them level the rest without heirlooms if they so wish to join the server

those italian people had x6 rates if im not mistaken and a similar thing could be done for them

belendor

#8 » Post by belendor » 10 Mar 2015 23:19

this will be abused indeed. biggest example is gamer district. when you ask for a transfer over there they wont even deleter ur toon on the server u come from, they just give u a fresh lvl 80.

people are mass abusing this. if only there was a way to prevent abuse. would be pretty op^^
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 23:24

there must be a way :l

belendor

#10 » Post by belendor » 10 Mar 2015 23:27

i'll see if i have spare time at work 2morrow and be able to think of something xD
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Mar 2015 23:35

just saying, we aren't supposed to give 80 level characters to everybody... thats my best idea for now

mcheka

#12 » Post by mcheka » 11 Mar 2015 01:11

A conservative approach like Wilcox suggests isn't that hard to implement compared to the current transfer system - just create a new char at level X (where potentially X < 80), with no professions, no gear (or basic gear), and so forth. To make sure people still have some of the leveling experience, it might mean saying that servers with 4x or 5x rates start at level 70, servers with 6-10x rates start at 60, and so forth. (Tweak these as desired, of course)

Further, (this may not be easy to implement) we could have checks for character's age (e.g. > 3-6 months old, certain amount of /played, and the like) and adjust based on that as well.

I'm one of the hardcore 1x people and hate the idea of anything higher, to be honest... I was one who's even complained about our drop-rates for world greens, blues, BoE epics being too high compared to retail, so I definitely see Nye's side of it. On the one hand I prefer not to see the server potentially "ruined" by too many high-rate transfers, but I try to keep an open mind when it concerns matters that might affect the server's future or the greater good of the server.

I believe there is also the issue of abuse where circular transfers happen, e.g. "transfer" from TrueWoW to server X, usually allowing you rename the character and so forth (and usually just a copy, doesn't delete the character from TrueWoW), then transfer from X to TrueWoW. Voila, you now have a free character on TrueWoW. This is already possible and I know for a fact that there are people who have used this, and there are some that are still active, but higher rate servers in my experience seem to have more relaxed rules for transfers to those servers than the currently accepted server list, and we might see a higher incidence of this.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Dr. Who

#13 » Post by Dr. Who » 11 Mar 2015 01:32

sory but doesnt matter how many flower you put on it to try make it more appellative or how many sand you throw to our eyes i still dont see the difference between an instant 80 and this server if you implement what you people are saying.
its just because its not inst.lv80 but lv70 or 60? for me is still the same shit.
like i said in the previous post that this matter come from my opinion is the same.

the rules we have are good enough as they are, who dont agree to bad, go to an instant80 or go try the new buged expansions or go retail.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

rockchamp18

#14 » Post by rockchamp18 » 12 Mar 2015 00:20

I don't think letting such players in is such a good idea. What i am trying to say is that most of them won't really fit in. Hell i dare to say that most of them will leave in a week or two unless they get everything they had before.
People who cannot agree to the rules of this server are not as easy to please as you guys might think. In the end our server would become less blizz like for just a handfull of people. Is it really worth it?

Roel
Founder

#15 » Post by Roel » 12 Mar 2015 11:16

I think the most viable solution would be to create a complete secondary transfer system that's used for servers that have more than 3x rates. This can be a lot of work so somebody needs to be willing to spend the time for it or it won't happen.

Instead of actually transferring the character, we would need to just give them a template character at X level like suggested. For example a lvl 80 on a 4x or 5x rated server would get a lvl 60 here to make the leveling time fair. Though I don't know if it's worth it for the number of people that would agree with such conditions. Like mentioned, people coming from a high rate server probably don't want to do anymore leveling. They will go to an instant 80 server or a different high rate server that accepts their transfer.

Most importantly, we shouldn't change our 1x blizzlike status. Gaining 25 players isn't worth it if 50 players are leaving because they no longer see us as truly blizzlike. We need to face the fact that not many people are looking for a server running an old expansion like WotLK, our existing player base is very valuable.