[Accepted] Arena rewards revamp

marko1984

Re: Arena rewards revamp

#31 » Post by marko1984 » 06 Nov 2014 15:40

Actually Boxis, that i can agree with... 5v5 bracket shouldnt be acountable for tittles if not active enough (which it wasnt in past season)
But if however it comes to life and we get enough active teams high rating teams then why not
3v3 bracket should be the one that counts for tittles and mounts otherwise
Three mages!

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#32 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 06 Nov 2014 15:46

rag's suggestion about never allowing teams with a difference bigger than 500? MMR to meet in arenas seems best suggestion from my pov
I don't pvp, but still I find that sugestion to be best one /shrug

and just award titles to teams in 3s and 5s who are over 2k rating
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Roel
Founder

#33 » Post by Roel » 06 Nov 2014 15:47

From the comments it seems like everyone has a different opinion. It seemed like people wanted something to change which is why I created this topic but I am afraid we will never agree on a solution like this... If we don't agree on anything then there won't be changes and this season will be just like the last one, which also means no WF title and mount for anyone.

keez
Donor

#34 » Post by keez » 06 Nov 2014 15:51

Roel, with all respect to everyone who posted here, the people who dont agree (excluding dropdead) dont even play arena.
Because of our broken 3v3 and 5v5 brackets we want a change.
And now these people who dont even play arena come and say NO to the change.
You have to make a descision with Kindz and everyone will respect your descision no matter what it is.
Its obvious 3v3/5v5 is rarely happening and its not even close to blizzlike.
I belive that 2v2 ladder is only legit ladder for titles because people actually can achieve high ratings over 2700, even over 3000.
2v2 is the most active ladder where atleast 50% of our populations plays.

Kajel

#35 » Post by Kajel » 06 Nov 2014 15:55

Roel wrote:From the comments it seems like everyone has a different opinion. It seemed like people wanted something to change which is why I created this topic but I am afraid we will never agree on a solution like this... If we don't agree on anything then there won't be changes and this season will be just like the last one, which also means no WF title and mount for anyone.
So why did you give out wf titles and mounts the previous season when the activity was about the same as it is now?

And keez, you cannot base all your support on the idea by only regarding posts by people who do pvp as valid suggestions. As mocni said he's part of the server and community as well and his opinion as well as everyone else's should matter. Don't be so black and white about things Jesus.
#MyWorld
#JustinBieber
#Dudewitwings

Dropdead

#36 » Post by Dropdead » 06 Nov 2014 15:57

No1 sees the real problem I guess . 2vs2 is completly fine and active ladder , why giving things to it that shouldnt be there in first place ? Want changes ? Lower the 200 team requirement to 100 for gladiator and duelist titles , give WF gladiator title and mount to only 3v3 with example of 2000 rating minimum requirement . Dont give Wf gladiator and mount for 5v5 , keep it giving other titles like 3v3 with some minum rating requirement of 2000 for gladiator/duelist . Simple example of some changes that wont kill any brackets or make any severe dmg .

keez
Donor

#37 » Post by keez » 06 Nov 2014 16:00

we need a [hide]Image[/hide]

marko1984

#38 » Post by marko1984 » 06 Nov 2014 16:01

Why not then disabling 2v2 bracket and just release 3v3 and 5v5 ?
^ this was sarcazm
Also stop underrating other opinions... u r one of the best PVPers on the server but that doesnt give u anything more then 1 vote on this
Rags suggestion is also good if its possible to implement it, if not then what Boxis suggesteed seems like best option
@ Roel.... Yes some change is necessary but in the end its u guys who will have to make the decisions from all the suggestions
What i said before stands, and i like our server as blizzclone (in other words i dont want to see 3v3 bracket die)

Edit: What Drop said up there
Three mages!

keez
Donor

#39 » Post by keez » 06 Nov 2014 16:02

marko1984 wrote:i dont want to see 3v3 bracket die)
3v3 wont die as long as there are people who like playing 3v3.
Nobody is gonna disable 3v3.
If you like 3v3 so much feel free to play it.
Nobody is forcing people to play 2v2.

Ragnorak
Donor

#40 » Post by Ragnorak » 06 Nov 2014 16:07

keez wrote: 3v3 wont die as long as there are people who like playing 3v3.
Nobody is gonna disable 3v3.
If you like 3v3 so much feel free to play it.
Nobody is forcing people to play 2v2.
By making it so that 2v2 gives you everything people wont bother with 3v3, so even people who like playing 3v3 will have a hard time getting matched with anyone since everyone is busy spamming 2s

And quoting what Mocni said. Just because you pvp more than I do doesn't mean your opinions matter more and it also doesn't mean that my opinions dont matter.
Last edited by Ragnorak on 06 Nov 2014 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#41 » Post by Kindzadza » 06 Nov 2014 16:09

The only way Ragnorak suggestion will work is if we have over 10 teams queueing at a time, but I don't see that coming any time soon. You guys disagree on the solution to a problem you fail to understand. The 3v3 and 5v5 bracket are not competitve and can be easily abused to get the items.

Now I don't understand why you disagree on getting shoulders from the 2v2 bracket. Is it because you are afraid you can't reach that high rating in 2s or just because you think 3s is the better solution to define a skill. Because from past experience (4 years now) with everything we've tried to motivate the 3v3 and 5v5 brackets, nothing seems to stimulate people into queueing.

Considering all the facts and solution we reviewed, I think it's for the best if we juts move the shoulders and tier 2 weapons in the lowest bracket and see how it will turn out. If the community amazes us and we have a lot of active teams in 3v3 and 5v5 the upcoming season, we can always revert the changes.

keez
Donor

#42 » Post by keez » 06 Nov 2014 16:10

So you wanna force people to play 3v3?
I really dislike playing 3v3 on TW, I play it on other servers like AT.
If you keep things like they are you are not fixing the problem :P

Boxis
Donor

#43 » Post by Boxis » 06 Nov 2014 16:10

Shoulders/ T2 weapons which would require high rating in 2s (2600/2750) would be option for people who dont play 3s either because they dont have time to sit all day in queue or cant find 3rd person to play with and get that rating , it is not mandatory for everyone, you can get these from 3s as well with lower rating requirement but its good option for those who prefer 2s instead 3s. Same with titles as I mentioned above.

Edit : IMO give it a try for one season and after that you will see if it was good for making pvp more active overall or no.
Last edited by Boxis on 06 Nov 2014 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

keez
Donor

#44 » Post by keez » 06 Nov 2014 16:12

So in the last season we had 4 active teams in 3v3:
Boom's
Divovski's
Boxis'
My team

This season:
Boom's
My Team
Shah's

Next season I will not play 3v3 for sure so have fun with 2 teams in the ladder :P

Bluebell
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Bluebell » 06 Nov 2014 16:13

keez wrote:Roel, with all respect to everyone who posted here, the people who dont agree (excluding dropdead) dont even play arena.
Because of our broken 3v3 and 5v5 brackets we want a change.
And now these people who dont even play arena come and say NO to the change.
I think everyone who raids with hellraisers in ICC25 HC should get free WF items.

Anyone who isn't in Hellraisers can't say no to it because they're not even involved in Hellraisers ICC25 HC.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?