[Accepted] Arena rewards revamp

xolon

Re: Arena rewards revamp

#151 » Post by xolon » 16 Nov 2014 23:22

Well this server has quite a lot of achievement hunters, so my suggestion to promote / activate 3v3 pool a bit is to merge 5v5 achievements into 3v3 ones, cause 5v5 is double dead.

Boxis
Donor

#152 » Post by Boxis » 17 Nov 2014 00:12

Same thing is happening in 3s now like last season. Either people play during night so there is low chance anyone half-decent will be in queue or they simply dodge each other and play only vs "10games teams".
Just stating facts about how 3s works here and that this will hardly change. Getting shoulders is still easier and easier because people realized how most effectively get rating without even getting single loss , everything you need is to have time to sit in queue at right times.
Anyway that idea with not getting queues after getting certain rating in 3s seems reasonable now. Like if team gets 1500 rating and above , they can get calls only to teams which have +- 400(?) rating difference from them.
Getting shoulders/weapons in 3v3 is easier than it would be in 2v2 with high rating, anyone who says something different is simply wrong in my opinion.

keez
Donor

#153 » Post by keez » 24 Dec 2014 21:47

As the year comes to an end lets see what happened to arena on TrueWoW.
3v3 is still dead. I dont know how rank 1 team got to play over 100 games but ok I guess at the start of season ques were popping a lot.
Now as for 2v2, we have 1 team to reach 2k after 2 months which is not normal if you ask me because I remember last season we had 2k teams in first 2 weeks.
Doing nothing ,like our staff chose as the best option, not only did nothing to help 3v3 but killed 2v2.
There are so many people like myself who have geared all their chars to 4/5 and simply dont have a reason to play 2v2.
Now you might say well que 3s. Well its really hard to find active partners and even harder to find opponents when there arent active teams and the one we can call "active" are actually dodgers so I dont see how 3v3 would be possible.
I think since we are entering a new year lets enter a new phase in TW pvp.
Maybe its time to accept what Roel suggested in november and give 2v2 rewards so that people can get more interested in playing arena in general.
Maybe its also time to start rewarding players. - *IM NOT QQING HERE BUT* - I have been rank 1 two times already in 2v2 and not only did I get nothing as a reward, TW deleted all my titles i had from before. So lets give players (not me) who play arena something to play for, some title (doesnt have to be WF glad).
Lets start discussing this people!

marko1984

#154 » Post by marko1984 » 24 Dec 2014 22:22

meh well... 3v3 stayed dead so i'm no longer against anything suggested..
no longer a negative vote from me even tho its not a blizzlike solution
Three mages!

keez
Donor

#155 » Post by keez » 24 Dec 2014 22:24

Thats why i made a post now, many people changed their minds and the best way to start doing something is start discussing, I hope more people reply so we can see what can be done to make our pvp experience better and more fun.

Wilcox

#156 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Dec 2014 22:26

lol keez get out of here you will never become a wf gladiator :d bang your head on the pillars of nagrand arena in 2v2

pay gold for each 3ve match played and let people make teams for free, see the effect. ..

keez
Donor

#157 » Post by keez » 24 Dec 2014 22:29

^ this is what is happening to TW.
wilcox is gladiator with 1300 rating.
people are getting over 2600 in 2s and got nothing.
lets wake up :P

Wilcox

#158 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Dec 2014 22:33

so much hate, i love the taste of your tears

on topic, before doing anything fatally non-blizzlike, make sure you have tried any possible way to promote the bracket, results may be irreversible for the future of the server

marko1984

#159 » Post by marko1984 » 24 Dec 2014 22:43

i was very against this and i still dont like it... but i'm losing faith that 3v3 is gona wake up at all... only way would be if for example we close 2v2 one week per month... but thats not blizzlike either...
meh.. nothing good can come out of it all
Three mages!

Wilcox

#160 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Dec 2014 22:52

its still a better option to revive 3v3 than kill it off entirely.i just want to express my opinion on the matter-though i no longer play on the server i still care dearly about it and i dont want to see an entire ladder eradicated

as i wrote above, if you do carry everything to 2v2 im afraid it will erase the 3v3 ladder and affect the morales/faith of all the players towards the server as people prefer this place due to it being blizzlike. i do understand that we need some non blizzlike features so hear my call here. try adding gold rewards for title winners, gold rewards for top 25 or whatever, money is everything. i just know it. perhaps bonus arena points or bonus honor points, badges of frost etc, people want to be rewarded with currencies that effect their characters

thats my humble opinion. i truly think that juicy rewards and constant promotion towards the game will revive it. you gotta create some competition behind a purpose

excuse my shitty writing. on phone

keez
Donor

#161 » Post by keez » 27 Mar 2015 19:01

Its a nice suggestion overall just some tweaking needed like we said before,
2500+ for shoulders and 2700+ for t2 weps and it would be fun to play 2s atleast :)

Wilcox

#162 » Post by Wilcox » 27 Mar 2015 19:04

cant we just try to close 2v2 for a while

lollypop

#163 » Post by lollypop » 27 Mar 2015 19:07

Against closure of 2's very much. People would play more 3's if it wasn't such a setup that you get qued vs imba teams.
So, if you try to make quing conditions different in 3's, like i suggested in other topic people might start to que more 3's on their own.
-If youre below 1k you cant que against higher than 1k, no matter the time in que
- if youre above1k you cannot que against higher than 1500 or below 1k, no matter the time
-if you're above 1500, no limits. You que vs all above 1500, sooner with those close to your rating, later with those high above.
-synchronization of above with mmr pairing, so that Hildegard doesn't just switch to 1500 team and feeds further
The solution is not to kill 3's but regulate it better, so as that a normal guy, that doesn't have five 6k+GS friends quing with him can get somewhere.
I assume we have loose pairing of teams so as to stimulate 3's more. But it's doing exactly the opposite. it's completely unregulated, giving an unfair advantage to a guy that has the most backup which is willing to cheat with him in the night hours.

I stand by my opinion that people will que 3's more when they feel the system works for them and not for high rated teams, just because they cried the loudest at some point in the past they have to wait on matchup's. That's why 3's has such a "It's a trap" subtone attached to it.

Ancestor

#164 » Post by Ancestor » 28 Mar 2015 11:00

Didnt read or think all through(beer), but remove points from 3s and 5s or reward only in 3s and 5s points and remove from 2s...might help something maybe or help about this case http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15020

Dysphoria

#165 » Post by Dysphoria » 28 Mar 2015 14:51

I dont think messing with arena rewards or closing some bracket is good idea, make shoulders available at 2200 2v2? just send them wrath shoulders in mailbox... On the other hand you could try to promote server and try to attract more players, but problem here is do we want pve or pvp server , you cant seek blizzlike experience in 3v3, 5v5 with 400 ppl online ( mostly pve players).
Imagine closing ICC for example eheheh all those pve heroes omg I can imagine tears. :twisted: So ppl who stay would do pvp only, we have too many pve atm....
So what can pvp players do, go arenatournament get insta80 and do 3s 24/7 or whatever like most of us do.
I can suggest some pvp events with rewards , for example Gurubashi arena fights 2 times per week or on weekends. . . if our gms are not lazy that would be good and pull some ppl of pve and icc farming 123113512 times and show them PvP is true fun of this game :)
I will remind once more all you should advertise server , post links of truewow on pvp videos on youtube or various discussions.
Good luck truewow
Recken Destruction