[Accepted] Arena rewards revamp

keez
Donor

Re: Arena rewards revamp

#136 » Post by keez » 10 Nov 2014 17:48

Kindzadza wrote:Discarnate the change in the 2v2 bracket and the shoulders and t2 weapons being obtainable there is only to prevent the abuse of the 3v3 system and how players are using it to get those items.
The 3v3 bracket will be always opened and those who enjoy playing it will still play it, but they would have no reason to abuse the system if I am not mistaken.
This ^
Its time for a change, give it a go for 1 season, if it doesnt work out bring back the old system, I dont think there will be any "harm" done if we change things up a bit :P

Chasity
Former Staff

#137 » Post by Chasity » 10 Nov 2014 19:21

I don't really see the point of moving items and titles etc. to other brackets. For me personally the best solution is to change the requirement for team matching - If MMR difference is more than 150 they to not be able to play one versus other doesn't matter how long they will stay in queue. Maybe remove the title and the mount from 5v5 because we just simply don't have so many people interested in this bracket. Also keeping the bracket open in specific times will make more people to queue at the same time. There is no way how to keep it completely Blizzlike, but I never saw in any server even the most non blizzlike one such bracket killing and moving items and stuff to another. People enjoy 3 vs 3. It requires more skill than 2 vs 2 and 5 vs 5 so let's keep it. Arguing and wanting impossible ( for now ) stuff is useless or how Roel said and this season will end up without titles and mounts.
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Vaxsysl

#138 » Post by Vaxsysl » 10 Nov 2014 22:45

Wow, this is one active thread, I should've taken notes!

I'm against this suggestion, Roel. Discarnate said everything right.
Do not mix rewards, it won't do any good, really. I'm one of those that "quit" PvP, what of bugs what of friends leaving and what tiny bit being fed up with the game a little. Limiting 2s and 3s to certain hours, I don't know. One of my friends can only play in the morning, another in the evening, I can't play at weekends, my other friend can't play during the week, etc., and we're all from EU, and there are some NA and India players.

It isn't that hard to make 3s teams either. For last year's easter we made about four 3s teams for fun for about three weeks and we were queuing against each other for fun until someone else joined in and we had a good game or lesson, and just play on as long as it is fun, and we did so in the past on Bloodcraft as well. Players are simply not motivated, lots of reasons, primary one the simple lack of interest.

And last bit, I am unsure why one should cling to being "pure blizzlike" or "pure blizzclone". The game was made as it was, ok sure, but it was also made for realms with really high population, and as people stated, even then it was "hard" to get 3s. It's serious business. Besides that, the game is always in development, some things got introduced later or differently than expected and...well, I could list, but my point is that some "small" changes that removes us from being the "blizz" thing while not changing the gameplay itself but simply motivating stuff, and say no to it because the "blizz" thing comes into question, I say come on seriously, the same patch is for XY long, ICC buff makes the raid boring, too many melees have smournes (I could've had it on both of my warriors), add class and some other bugs like disabled arenas and onto that road as they all go and you end up with not so blizzlike server in the first place.

Planning to do something not so blizzlike to promote 3s and people come with crosses and torches, what's wrong you with you people...

EDIT: Some wording was wrong.
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

cutix3

#139 » Post by cutix3 » 16 Nov 2014 21:15

I completely disagree with any modifications that aren't blizzlike, There's a reason why this is called a blizzlike server and there's also a reason why people are attracted to servers like this one, I know I'm not to be seen pvping much nor that I'm any good pvping but I do care about how things turn out on this great server. I'm all against any modifications to the blizzlike systems we have. but that's just me.

immanuelchandran

#140 » Post by immanuelchandran » 16 Nov 2014 21:34

I agree with cutix :3
Coo - level 80 Hunter
Flynnrider - level 80 Paladin
Hemlock - level 80 Rogue
Psycoo - level 80 Warlock
Pepperpotts - level 80 Mage
TonyStark - level 80 Deathknight
Rio - level 80 Druid
Cuddlez - level 80 Warrior
Iateyourrice - level 80 Shaman
Rapunzzel - level 80 Priest

Roel
Founder

#141 » Post by Roel » 16 Nov 2014 21:36

You're aware that our arena queues are far from blizzlike? Otherwise most of the teams would need to wait 10 minutes to play a match, even in 2v2.

cutix3

#142 » Post by cutix3 » 16 Nov 2014 21:46

You mean the team match making? I could understand that it is and that's acceptable considering our low population. I mean it only makes sense to have it this way.

Roel
Founder

#143 » Post by Roel » 16 Nov 2014 21:57

cutix3 wrote:You mean the team match making? I could understand that it is and that's acceptable considering our low population. I mean it only makes sense to have it this way.
Yes, it makes sense for our population but it's also something that's not blizzlike. As you can see, everyone can accept non-blizzlike changes to some degree :)

The changes we're talking about in this topic are a bit more drastic but it's all because of our low population. Blizzard adjusted their systems for much higher populations.

cutix3

#144 » Post by cutix3 » 16 Nov 2014 22:06

Changing the team match making rate to fit your server's population isn't exactly called a modification, You didn't change how it works, You just made it easier for teams to get together in matches which is something you did to help improve the PvP scene on the server. But modifying the brackets is a modification to the system we have. Still it's just how I think of it.

Mudinpala

#145 » Post by Mudinpala » 16 Nov 2014 22:10

I totaly agree with cutix.Leave it be like it was for time being and try to stimulate people to get in those brackets as well.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#146 » Post by Kindzadza » 16 Nov 2014 22:21

Well it seems we are not gonna change anything this season after all since the majority who gave an opinion is against any change. Well then if someone is caught feeding rating gets perma ban. Agree?

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#147 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 Nov 2014 22:27

yes, I agree, perma ban feeders and people who get fed
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

cutix3

#148 » Post by cutix3 » 16 Nov 2014 22:28

I thought that was what you guys do already

marko1984

#149 » Post by marko1984 » 16 Nov 2014 22:35

i agree as well... but make an announcement... since there is a lot of ppl who do not follow forums that can make such a mistake
Three mages!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#150 » Post by Kindzadza » 16 Nov 2014 22:39

Well we didn't have a written rule about "arena feeding". We have a rule only for win-trading which is something else and you get full Wrathful gear wipe, personal rating and team ratings resets and a ban for 3 days (given you were not banned before).