[Accepted] Arena rewards revamp

Vaen

Re: Arena rewards revamp

#166 » Post by Vaen » 28 Mar 2015 15:16

I dont think messing with arena rewards or closing some bracket is good idea, make shoulders available at 2200 2v2? just send them wrath shoulders in mailbox...
Yeah because doing hundreds of games against low rated teams is any better right? I'm all for moving 3v3 rewards to 2v2. As someone before said there are way too few people who want to play 3v3; and at least we luckily have enough people interested in 2v2 as to make the bracket not be too infested with wintrading/dodging as 3v3 is.

"but omg 3v3 is so skilled we cant kill this bracket close 2v2 instead" well too fucking bad, really. They can move rewards back when we magically gather 1k+ people online (as you may have noticed we aren't magically getting people from anywhere, and suggestions about increasing population, while they aren't bad, aren't really going to revive this dead bracket). I rather get rewards from playing 2v2 which in this server is a more skilled bracket (oh, the irony) than sit in queue for hours vs low mmr teams.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

ItchyVortex

#167 » Post by ItchyVortex » 28 Mar 2015 19:05

Btw dont blame 3v3 activity so much on low population. We have more than enough pvp'ers to have 3s going everyday, there are 3.3.5 servers out there with tons more pop than us and ladder on same state.

So... move rewards to 2s until you find this magical motivation to improve 3v3 activity. And dont even think of closing a healthy ladder.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Vaen

#168 » Post by Vaen » 23 Apr 2015 05:14

Bump. I'm wondering if staff has continued to discuss this matter or if they reached any conclusion. Looking at the current state of 3v3 should tell anybody that a change is needed, and I believe Roel's suggestion is still in the right direction, even more now than before.

3v3 rewards except maybe for titles were never even supposed to be too difficult to obtain or require a tremendous amount of effort (as does sitting in queue for hours during several weeks, hoping some team queues), just take a look at how many teams were above 2300 3v3 rating (tabard) back during season 8 in retail.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Roel
Founder

#169 » Post by Roel » 23 Apr 2015 11:27

You sure know when to bump a topic. I finished with all the preparation for the new season, check the news at the homepage :)
Locking this as accepted.