[Accepted] Raid lock extension

Nyeriah

Re: [Pending] Raid lock extension

#61 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Feb 2015 05:12

I've fixed saving and loading the extended status of character instance binds, you can try it at PTR but at the moment... it's all that it really does. The binds are extended but it's still unhandled so there's no real effect on it. I must redesign the instance reset system entirely to get this to work so it's not going as fast as I assumed it would go.

Fastor

#62 » Post by Fastor » 28 Feb 2015 07:19

Nyeriah wrote: I must redesign the instance reset system entirely to get this to work so it's not going as fast as I assumed it would go.

Nyeriah

#63 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Mar 2015 17:57

I need some data mining on this.

- Once a bind expires, for how long should it still hold the "expired" state and be still extendable before it's wiped completely? Is it the same for heroics and raids?
- If I remove the extended status from an expired bind, does it get wiped instantly?
- What happens if I get saved on that instance while the bind is expired, will I still be able to extend it or will it be wiped?

Gnurg

#64 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Mar 2015 18:57

I got no idea how this is actually implemented, so this is just pure guessing...

I did read from http://www.wowwiki.com/Instance_Lock_Extension that you're supposed to be able to cancel out the extension by just clicking Remove Raid Lock Extension if you haven't entered the given instance and clicked yes to accept the ID. Which could make it kind of complicated as you need the expired state that you mentioned.

Wouldn't it be easier to just look at the variable that stores the extended value for the given raid as a boolean?
If it is set to true, set the lock expire date to be a week later. (1 day for heroics, but who would extend a heroic?)
If it's false, handle it as it is now and remove the id?
After the if case set the extended value to be false.

With this approach you wouldn't have to worry about expired state, as the ID wouldn't be removed before reaching the new expired date (7 days later). You can however not choose to remove the expired state ID by using the remove raid lock extension as you would here assume that the player accepted the ID by having it set to extended.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#65 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Apr 2015 16:14

Notes to self:

- Instances are set to "expired" until the next id wipe.
- Expired instances once extended get expired at the id wipe

Nyeriah

#66 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Feb 2016 01:03

Moving to accepted since it'll be working at next restart. As always, report any issues you may encounter at the bug tracker.