Download the Truewow Client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Fastor

Re: Download the Truewow Client

#301 » Post by Fastor » 12 Apr 2016 21:04

nesquafe wrote:Hello

I downloaded the torrent 16gig file, opened the folder and clicked the "WoW.exe"
it opened but i don't see the log-in screen, I only hear the music.

I had the same problem on Nostalrious but that problem was fixed by deleting some files.

Please help I don't know if I should be doing the same here.
Um, try to delete file Config.ini which is located in folder WTF. Game should create new (probably proper) one. If that fail, open Config.ini and find where it says SET hwDetect "0" and replace 0 with 1.
Miridinia wrote:Hello!! Again!
I've finished downloading, by switching to uTorrent, and I've set the realmlist correctly, but now it's giving me the "Unable to Connect" error. I have created an account and linked it, so I don't know what might be wrong?
Ok so people usually have problem with firewall, aka program that stops connection of programs to internet (in fear that they are connecting with hackers). To do that, you yourself need to check do you have any firewall on your PC and did it blacklisted WoW.exe.

Also you might want to check to ping to our server so you would know is your ISP or some modem or router blocking connection. To test that you need to pres Win+R and type CMD to open Command Prompt. Then type in

Code: Select all

ping login.truewow.org
and if it does not says "100% packets loss", your connection is ok but something on PC is still bad.

Miridinia

#302 » Post by Miridinia » 12 Apr 2016 21:38

Fastor wrote:
I've finished downloading, by switching to uTorrent, and I've set the realmlist correctly, but now it's giving me the "Unable to Connect" error. I have created an account and linked it, so I don't know what might be wrong?
Ok so people usually have problem with firewall, aka program that stops connection of programs to internet (in fear that they are connecting with hackers). To do that, you yourself need to check do you have any firewall on your PC and did it blacklisted WoW.exe.

Also you might want to check to ping to our server so you would know is your ISP or some modem or router blocking connection. To test that you need to pres Win+R and type CMD to open Command Prompt. Then type in

ping login.truewow.org
and if it does not says "100% packets loss", your connection is ok but something on PC is still bad.
I turned off my firewall completely and tried logging in, and it still didn't work. And yes, I'm sure I'm using the right username and password, I check on the account manager. And I tested my ping, and all the packets passed correctly...

Fastor

#303 » Post by Fastor » 12 Apr 2016 21:44

Try running it as Administrator.

EDIT, l forgot to suggest DNS flush first.

Anyway try running Command Prompt again but this time it must be As Administrator and type in

ipconfig /flushdns 
then reset PC.

Longi

#304 » Post by Longi » 12 Apr 2016 22:15

Get back your old realmlist file, if you downloaded game from TW website, you dont need to change the realmlist

nesquafe

#305 » Post by nesquafe » 12 Apr 2016 22:34

Um, try to delete file Config.ini which is located in folder WTF. Game should create new (probably proper) one. If that fail, open Config.ini and find where it says SET hwDetect "0" and replace 0 with 1.

So i tried deleting the Config.wtf, launched WoW.exe and it didn't work.

Then I replaced the "0" to a "1" in the hwDetect as you said.

It didn't work, so i repeated that process 2 more times, just in case i didn't do it correctly, launched WoW.exe but the problem still wasn't fixed.

fluffybadger

#306 » Post by fluffybadger » 17 Apr 2016 06:30

Why does the client auto update to cataclysm and open my battle net when i open the 3.3.3a clinet

Fastor

#307 » Post by Fastor » 17 Apr 2016 07:27

fluffybadger wrote:Why does the client auto update to cataclysm and open my battle net when i open the 3.3.3a clinet
1. Are you sure you are using client 3.3.3a instead 3.3.5a which you can download at this site?
2. DO NOT start wow by using Launcher.exe, use Wow.exe instead, else you will get Auto update.
3. DO NOT type in EMAIL when asked, instead use your USERNAME for game account you made here, else you will get Auto update. If you dont have Game account, you can make it here http://www.truewow.org/account-manager

fluffybadger

#308 » Post by fluffybadger » 17 Apr 2016 17:29

hmm okie dokie ill give it another shot, thanks though =)

kai010

#309 » Post by kai010 » 21 Apr 2016 09:21

Hello.
I cant download via Torrent since I live in China and I dont get any seeds.
Is there another way, could anyone upload it to mega?

Fastor

#310 » Post by Fastor » 21 Apr 2016 10:27

kai010 wrote:Hello.
I cant download via Torrent since I live in China and I dont get any seeds.
Is there another way, could anyone upload it to mega?
Are you using uTorrent? Actually this torrent is really bad made so only solution is downloading it with uTorrent.
Other option is this type of download http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 02&t=15093

Convicium

#311 » Post by Convicium » 21 Apr 2016 15:58

Hello! Was hoping to jump into Primal WoW so I downloaded the TrueWow client. It said on the website that when I download the client I should be able to just jump right into the game. So I ran Wow.exe but when I try to do it from inside the client folder I get an error message saying Failed to open archive interface.mpq. The file mentioned isn't seen anywhere in the torrent I downloaded through Frostwire. Should I use a different torrent downloader?

Also as a second not so important question; Once I do get started and I download some addons where should I put the files? There doesn't seem to be an addons folder anywhere in the client.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#312 » Post by Nymunne » 21 Apr 2016 16:05

I usually use μTorrent for downloading purposed. Try to repair your game see if that helps.

Regarding your addons there should look in your WoW folder and see "Interface > Addons".

taskinha

#313 » Post by taskinha » 18 May 2016 18:12

Hi,

I downloaded the game but every tim eI try to play it only gets to the terms of use, and when I accept, it gives an error.
Please help me.

Thanks.

Grashopa

#314 » Post by Grashopa » 18 May 2016 19:44

taskinha wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the game but every tim eI try to play it only gets to the terms of use, and when I accept, it gives an error.
Please help me.

Thanks.
I had the same issue. I ended up looking through my wow folder and found a file that wasn't fully downloaded (it had a bitcomet icon instead of the icon it should've had)
I restarted the torrent and let it verify to 100% and it fixed that file and fixed the issue.

salanai

#315 » Post by salanai » 06 Jun 2016 17:20

I attempted to download the Mac version in this thread, but it did not seem to work. Then I tried to use the download on the main download page and it said it was for Windows only. Any way for me to play on Mac?