IRC Tutorials

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Heihachi
Developer

IRC Tutorials

#1 » Post by Heihachi » 31 Jan 2013 20:37

These are some tutorials for a few of the IRC clients linked in the announcements

This one is on Hexchat the one i personally use.
  1. First you need to download Hexchat here.
  2. Next you open it up and run it (if you enabled scripting and dont have the right packages a error will popup dont mind it as its not that important)
  3. You can set your global nick or name in the network list. At the bottom press Add and name it Bloodcraft.
  4. Next you will need to edit the server's settings. Click Edit and enter the settings. Where is says newserver/6667 you need to change it to "irc.truewow.org/8067" and press enter. (if you dont press enter it will not accept the change)
  5. Next we can setup the channels and password for your nick. Click the [...] button next to Favorite Channels to open the Channel Manager windows. In here you can add channels and their keywords (if needed). Next is the Nickserv password, Nickserv is a service on IRC that will save your nick and only allow you to use it. You can set a password now and then actually make the account later when you logon.
  6. Once all that is done press Close on the settings window and connect to the server. When connected run this command: "/msg nickserv register #password #email" where #password is your password you set earlier and #email is your email. This will register you and save your nick, to login manually you can use: "/msg nickserv identify #password"
  7. Now you should be all set up with Hexchat to use it with the IRC server. If you want you can make the server connect on startup and skip the network list window.
Heres a Image as to what it will look like all setup.

Heihachi
Developer

Re: IRC Tutorials

#2 » Post by Heihachi » 31 Jan 2013 20:59

This one is on mIRC. You dont have to paid for it after 30 days just have to wait for the thing at the beginning to go away.
  1. First you need to download mIRC here.
  2. Now open it and set your global nick or name in the startup config. Now click Servers under Connect.
  3. You will need to add the IRC to the list and give it a folder (easier for the nickserv password). Click add and then use the image to set it up.
  4. Now we will want to setup the auto login when we connect to the server. Click on options under the Connect tab again. In this section we have the Perfom Button, Click and check "Enable perform on connect" and press Add and select the Bloodcraft folder we created last step. In the Perform Commands enter "/msg nickserv identify #password" where #password is the password your going to setup with your account.
  5. When that is all set you can go back to that Connect tab and press the connect button if it says "Server: Bloodcraft: Bloodcraft".
  6. Now you should be all set up with mIRC to use it with the IRC server.
The Final Window where you select the channels you want to join.

Ragnorak
Donor

#3 » Post by Ragnorak » 01 Feb 2013 03:13

you may want to sticky this
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Heihachi
Developer

#4 » Post by Heihachi » 01 Feb 2013 12:55

Ragnorak wrote:you may want to sticky this
O.o i thought i did well it is now thanks :D

prodigy
Developer

#5 » Post by prodigy » 07 Feb 2013 21:31

For those that are lazy or want to use KVIrc to connect to our server,we have setup a preconfigured installation executable.It only needs you to change the Nickname field during instalation,other then that a simple Enter to continue is enough.

Download link: KVIrc

prodigy
Developer

#6 » Post by prodigy » 07 Feb 2013 21:36

You can also access our irc server using the online web widget by typing http://irc.bloodcraft.org in your browser or just clicking this link here(will take you away from the forum).

prodigy
Developer

#7 » Post by prodigy » 09 Mar 2014 10:14

NOTICE: replace bloodcraft with truewow in the server address.

like irc.truewow.org