How to vote if another account with your same IP already did

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Alexandros

How to vote if another account with your same IP already did

#1 » Post by Alexandros » 23 Jul 2012 08:22

If more than 1 person uses your same computer or modem (or you just have more than 1 account) to play in our overly awesome server and you all like to vote (Because you want to purchase one of the great items we have in our shop and because you are way too nice and you like to support our server), you might have found that you're not allowed to vote after someone else that shares your same IP adress recently did. That is because of the 12 hour IP limit of the voting sites. But there are a few ways to hide or change your IP so you can vote anyway. In here i'll recommend and explain only 1 way, because it is the fastest and the one that takes less effort in my opinion.

Anonymox:

Anonymox is a free cost addon for the Firefox web browser (Yes, for this way to work you'll have to vote with Firefox...I know, i like Chrome better, but oh well...). It essentialy replaces your IP with one of their servers' while you're browsing the web with Firefox, and that's exactly what you need to skip the IP limit so you can vote. But you don't need to know all that, and if you want to know you can go to this page. There you can know what exactly Anonymox is, how it works, etc.

Guide:

:!: FIrst of all, if you don't have Firefox you can download it from here for: WIndows, Mac OS X, and Linux (All links are English US. For other languages check this website).

:!: After you have succesfully installed FIrefox you will have to open it and download the Anonymox addon with it. After the addon has been installed the browser will restart automatically.

:!: Now, in the Firefox navegation bar you will see a new icon:

That's the Anonymox addon. Click on it and you'll see the following:

:!: Now, before doing anything, just so you can see the results by yourself go to this website (still on Firefox) and copy your current IP and paste it somewhere so then you can compare.

:!: Now, the only thing you have to do is to click on "Change Identity" (Click it always you want to change your IP adress) and then you will see this:

:!: You click on "Delete only from [current website you are visiting]" just to make sure. And ta-dah! The IP that websites gather from you now should be different of the one you really have. Go back to this website and compare the IP that is shown there with the one that you saved. If they are different, it worked!

All you have to do now is vote!

Be aware that the addon only works on websites that are being visited with Firefox.

You didn't quite understand how to use it? It didn't work? Try with this youtube video (I did not make that video :shock: ).

Credits to Flexall. Thanks to him i got to know about this addon.

Flexall
Donor

Re: How to vote if another account with your same IP already did

#2 » Post by Flexall » 23 Jul 2012 22:03

I see you made that guide :P

I'd like to add a couple of things in from my own personal experiences.

1) You can either choose to use the premium feature for $7 USD or the free. The premium isn't needed to enjoy the benefits of voting. Premium just makes it go a little bit faster on the redirects, a luxury but most definitely not needed.

2) In order to make it go a little bit faster on the free version you can do the following:
A) I've used this addon for quite some time on the free version before I got the premium and I've noticed when you switch IPs the "UK" was the best country to route to. I don't know why but it is. Also, make sure the "UK3" is checked. UK3b and UK3c are for more anonymous browsing, these tend to lack the bandwidth needed for redirects being fast and is not needed for voting. Never use the "Tor" service on the addon. It isn't needed for anything and it is just slow.
B)If you have done the above and it still seems slow, it would be due to some type of ad on the page being open. An easy way to solve this is to go through all the voting sites and see if there is some type of ad opened up. Once you close it out, things should speed up quicker.

Now you know how to vote, so get in there and let's move up the ranks :D
Also, gratz Alex on the guide.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Hady

#3 » Post by Hady » 01 Nov 2012 11:52

GM like that i can vote for the account twice per day i mean i get 40 points in day or more isn't that right? or u make some thing to prevent it?

Anoth
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Anoth » 01 Nov 2012 12:05

There is a 20 point maximum on each account so no you can't. You can vote 40 times in total over 2 accounts.

Raxxo

#5 » Post by Raxxo » 05 Nov 2012 10:07

But this way you don't have to wait 12 hours to vote 20x per day right?
Just 1 login is all it takes.
It kinda gives an advantage to people who use this.
But since we're all voting for the same cause (MOAR PLAYERS!!!) I guess I don't have any moral objections either :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 05 Nov 2012 10:47

I use it :o . It saves me of forgetting to vote again after the 12 hours have passed :mrgreen:.

Thanks for this guide, Alexandros and Flexall :D.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Flexall
Donor

#7 » Post by Flexall » 05 Nov 2012 13:05

Glad everyone is enjoying it :P
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Gojan

#8 » Post by Gojan » 18 Mar 2013 07:17

I use Firefox/anonymox. I've noticed that sometimes one or more of the toplists doesn't count my vote. XtremTop100 is one where they don't always count it. Has anyone else noticed this missing count on a toplist site ? ( Usually I seem to have the vote point credited on truewow so I am happy about that but it doesn't help us move up on the top list)
Vote ! ( http://www.truewow.org/vote) Make a difference.

Flexall
Donor

#9 » Post by Flexall » 19 Mar 2013 03:38

Some of the sites only allow once every 24 hour voting. So if you vote for TW once on 1 IP and again on a different IP all the votes count. This would mean someone else is using the addon and voting, thus why your vote isn't counting. This is sort of negative for the server, but it also means someone else besides yourself is an active voter :P

On a brighter side, at least this guide isn't completely dead yet ;)

Congratulations!

Gojan

#10 » Post by Gojan » 15 Apr 2013 02:17

Just had this response from voting on top100 arena when it tried to load

http://truewow.org/

Access denied. Your IP address [146.185.31.213] is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting providers abuse department.

That's the address of the anonymox uk5g server.

If I load the page manually, it fails but http://www.truewow.org/ loads fine ( from the same proxy acess address)
Vote ! ( http://www.truewow.org/vote) Make a difference.

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 25 Jul 2016 12:56

Bumping this for visibility.

Also now Anonymox works on Chrome too.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Jul 2016 12:59

I don't know if it's just me but most of the time I try using Anonymox lately it says the number of free IPs they have available has expired

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 25 Jul 2016 14:47

Its just their marketing trick, as soon as about 30 min pass, you get that message. However you only need to switch IP to vote and then turn it off.