[GUIDE] How to Make Videos of In Game Playing (On Windows 7)

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Drago

[GUIDE] How to Make Videos of In Game Playing (On Windows 7)

#1 » Post by Drago » 18 May 2012 13:04

Hey, so I guess no one read this:
Drago wrote:Inter, and all of you who know and can (I will too) try make videos of raids (ToC, ICC, OS, Naxxramas etc.), Try making videos of RHC's too, PvP, achievment doing, quests, leveling, whatever you like, if we all will make at least one video, put it on the website, facebook, youtube, twitter, whatever site you know, + show it to friends (I can't cause no one plays WoW here -_-), post it as video comments on other videos, try posting those videos on known channels of some friends, etc. That will surely add some people to the server.... Oh yeah, I saw some videos of raiding cities, so add that too lol, no harm in watching some funny fails and moments :lol: I know not everyone can do videos, but it's really not that hard. I can make a guide if you wish, it's basically downloading Fraps (I found a free full version, so I'll search for it again), and using Fraps is just pressing a button in game, F9 by default and it takes a video of what's happening in WoW, you can also turn music on your computer so it will record it too... Here are some ideas for the videos too: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=15 and yeah I know it's old, and I didn't do that video because the lack of time and patience, it's really hard to do all of that on your own, especially when I'm just an amateur... But try and see how it works for you, if you want instructions on how to make the videos just tell me.... You can also easily just compile screenshots of in-game with music, although it's much cooler to see the things happen in action.
But anyway I decided to make a guide on how to make videos of ingame playing and uploading them to YouTube.

What you will need for it:
1. Fraps: a free to use program which can take screenshots and videos of your computer files, meaning it can't screenshot your desktop or take a video of it.But although it's free, it has the disadvantage of taking only 30 seconds of video per session. That's why when I'll be back home I will search for the free full program or just upload it to some site I guess... Here is the free version for now: http://www.fraps.com/download.php. So how to use it? Simple. Just open it, go to the videos (or something like that name) tab, see what key you need to press to start recording ingame (originally it's F9 I believe but you can keybind it to another key) and if you want to record ingame sounds/music just check the box where it says so. After that enter the game and you will see numbers changing in yellow in one of the sides (depending on which side you chose in Fraps), it's normal, it's the fps you chose for the recording. The higher the fps is, the less lag there is as Iv'e read lately, now when your'e ready press the F9 (or whatever key you chose for it to start recording) to start recording the video. You will see that the numbers have turned red, and changed also. That means the recording started. Good, now do whatever you like on your recording and press F9 or the keybinding for it again to end the recording. Now go back to Fraps and see where the file saved (it has a default path which you can ofcourse change). Also, the files you will make will be huge (2 GB for a file if you have the full version and like 600 MB if you have the free version) but, don't get like, "WTF? How the hell am I going to upload such a file to youtube?!?!" because once you will use the Windows Video Maker, it will make the full video with music, pictures effects, triming, etc. weight only like between 0.5-1.0 GB depends on what video you make... If you make a video of raids, I suggest to only make a video of each boss, not the whole raid (example ICC takes an hour or more to do sometimes so the file will be impossible to upload to youtube...), or a few bosses, 10 minutes is ok, 15 is already big, so aim between them... Anyway once you have mastered Fraps move to the 2nd thing you'll need.
Full Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agg3RkH5Ai4.
Screenies:
Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Spoiler:

2. Windows Movie Maker (Can be called in other name in other versions of windows): This program is available only on windows therefore I don't know if there's a simillar program for Mac users... But it's quite simple to use. I'll upload screenshots eventually when I'm home... But basically you just need to drag the video/movie you made with fraps to the movie maker, and then you can add music, pictures, text, credits, etc. and you can also add different effects to the video, trim it so viewrs wont see weird moments, lol etc. This program isn't really that hard, it's made for the user of windows, so it's meant to be easy to figure... So after you have done that, saved the movie (better save in good quallity because WoW is hard to see in 240/480 p, 720p will do fine, but I always do it in 1080p (HD), that is also making the file bigger so chose on your own whatever you like.
Screenies:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next are just the basics in animations/effects etc., it's really easy to figure:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3. YouTube Account/ Google+ Account: So YouTube is now associated with Google+ so if you have a Google+ account you can just go to YouTube and login with that account. If you don't have a Google+ account just go and create your YouTube account which takes like 5 minutes or less and you can now officially upload your video to YouTube. BUT, if you have a slow internet/network connection (like mine) don't be surprised if you can't login to WoW while the uploading is going on, or if you have huge lag/lag spikes, it will also slow the uploading if you do play WoW... So better upload it while you are sleeping, best choice I can say, but you can also leave it while you go out somewhere... Now I think YouTube has a restriction of space uploading (Think it's 4GB maybe?) and also, untill you make a few videos, you can't upload longer then 15 minutes videos, so you can make a few short ones and then long ones...

So, that's it. It's not really that hard to create a video and upload it for those who will try it a few times, I hope you do because it can help the server a lot with the population... If you have any questions, post them here/PM me,meanwhile I can't upload Screenshots because I'm not at home with all of my pro programs >.> lol.
EDIT: I at last edited this post to give the full version from the first post too :p Enjoy and make some vids, eh? :D
Last edited by Drago on 12 Mar 2013 21:15, edited 3 times in total.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: [GUIDE] How to Make Videos of Ingame Playing

#2 » Post by Intervention » 18 May 2012 14:01

Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Drago

#3 » Post by Drago » 21 May 2012 19:25

Added screenies now :)
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Nexxus

#4 » Post by Nexxus » 22 May 2012 04:20

Nice guide, now you forced me to create my own video :D Cheers

Drago

#5 » Post by Drago » 22 May 2012 08:59

Nexxus wrote:Nice guide, now you forced me to create my own video :D Cheers
Thanks ;) Glad that you did create one :D
ImageImage

Drago

#6 » Post by Drago » 26 May 2012 10:37

Ok, so here's one I made of TrueWoW (at last :lol:), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZFms9tK ... ature=plcp, I didn't even add special effects or music, thought it's useless here xD
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#7 » Post by Heihachi » 30 May 2012 02:59

found a new way to record (free) and it will make your wow run better :P
GameBooster 3

the install is easy just be careful with the toolbar and useless program install :P

Heres how i have it setup

change them to the fraps F9 and F10

Flexall
Donor

#8 » Post by Flexall » 30 May 2012 03:13

Ya...the Game Booster is actually a good program. I used it to run WoW on my old PC. I completely forgot about the program until I saw you post this lol. I recommend using it on older PCs that don't have top-notch performance.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Heihachi
Developer

#9 » Post by Heihachi » 30 May 2012 03:44

I use it still on a high end computer makes it better and has the defrag game software so it's worth it. Glad I could help you remember :)

Drago

#10 » Post by Drago » 30 May 2012 13:47

Nice addition to my guide ^_^ Gonna try use that program, though it's simillar to Fraps lol :D
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#11 » Post by Heihachi » 30 May 2012 13:59

its not similar to fraps fraps just records and takes pics gamebooster installs tweaks that improves the game performance of your computer and makes the game run smoother
so far thou i havent gotten anything good quaily.

Drago

#12 » Post by Drago » 30 May 2012 14:14

Hmmm, interesting o_0 Hope it doesn't make huge files when recording a video, casue Fraps does D:
ImageImage

Roel
Founder

#13 » Post by Roel » 01 Jun 2012 00:43

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueWoWserver
That is probably easier to find, link is also in our homepage menu.

Anyway I added more videos I could find to the channel. Just create and notify me or Intervention so we can add them to the channel. Your video will even show up on our homepage sometimes!

Heihachi
Developer

#14 » Post by Heihachi » 01 Jun 2012 11:35

Roel wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueWoWserver

Anyway I added more videos I could find to the channel. Just create and notify me or Intervention so we can add them to the channel. Your video will even show up on our homepage sometimes!
AWESOME IDEA!!!

Drago

#15 » Post by Drago » 01 Jun 2012 11:44

Heihachi wrote:
Roel wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueWoWserver

AWESOME IDEA!!!
Nice! :o
ImageImage