[GUIDE] Making and submitting a ticket.

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Draeniknight

[GUIDE] Making and submitting a ticket.

#1 » Post by Draeniknight » 18 Sep 2011 21:42

Have you ever had an in-game issue? Chances are, unless you've only been here for three minutes, you have come across an issue that either made your game-play difficult, or impossible. Fortunately, you're not alone. Even on retail, bugs pop up that hinder your experience, or just plain stink. So without further ado, Let me introduce you to the magical world of tickets.

It's quite possible you've already submitted a ticket or two while playing here. So, weather your a long time player, or a short time "newbie" =) This guide is specifically designed to help you with the following aspects of tickets: making and submitting a ticket, receiving the best possible help available from the TrueWoW.org staff, and making wonderful progress towards getting your issue resolved! Sounds good doesn't it? Lets move on to the aspect of the ticket.

How to make a ticket:
To submit a ticket to the TrueWoW staff, in-game, simply locate the "Red Question Mark" at the bottom-right of your screen.

When you mouse over this, it should say "Help Request". Click this button and locate "Talk to a GM".
FInally click the "Open a Ticket" button
and you will see a very large dialog box. Type your issue here, and click "Submit". A box should appear on the upper-right corner of your screen saying "Your ticket will be serviced soon."
Now that we figured out how to make a ticket, lets look at the anatomy of a good ticket.

Describing your issue:
"GM plz issue quest isn't monster help without gold not helps me"
What does this ticket say? Unless you take a very long time to read it, chances are you're as confused at the staff members who see it. If you submit such a ticket, you're more than likely to not get the best help available. That is why I am making this guide. Below, I've written up a template for a ticket that is sure to make your session with a Game Master, much better.

"Describe your issue here:"
Hello, GMs, I am having an issue with (Summarize your issue, I.E. "I can't resurrect", "I'm stuck behind a barn" "The Light of Dawn Quest doesn't work".)

(Explain exactly what happened to you before this issue occurred, during the issue, and any affects that may have come after. I.E. "You see, I was walking on a fence, and when I jumped off I died. After that, I can't resurrect myself, for the Spirit Healers are no where to be found".)

(Add any more relevant information, such as "I tried relogging, clearing my cache, and using the Website Teleporter, but nothing is working for me.")

(Thank us for our time =)

While not EVERY issue, can be handled easily, making a ticket in this format (with good grammar, mind you) Will definitely speed up the process of how your ticket is answered.

Please note, while a well written ticket will guarantee better assistance (I'm 100% right, here) there are some issues that a GM cannot help you with.

What can't be done:
What can't be done:
Giving you gold (This is a Blizzlike server)
Telling you where a NPC or Mob is (Go here) http://wowhead.com
Replacing items, unless they meet the requirements stated here: http://www.truewow.org/?p=server&sub=policy_restoration .
Teleporting you ANYWHERE.
Finishing a quest. http://www.truewow.org/?p=account&sub=questcompleter
Or giving you ANY in-game advantages.

Well that about does it, I hope you've enjoyed reading my "How to" guide on tickets! Happy playing!
Last edited by Guest on 20 Sep 2011 01:16, edited 4 times in total.

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: GUIDE: Making and submitting a ticket.

#2 » Post by Intervention » 19 Sep 2011 06:43

Stickied. P.S. Pictures would be awesome if you could make them :)
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

-

#3 » Post by - » 19 Sep 2011 14:26

Finally, this is what I've been waiting for. Thank you. I agree with Inter, it would make it a lot easier if you put in some pictures.

Draeniknight

#4 » Post by Draeniknight » 19 Sep 2011 20:21

Oooh good thinking! I'll start on that right away. =)

Alexandros

#5 » Post by Alexandros » 21 Sep 2011 16:25

PLEASE everyone read this, it will make mods and GMs jobs waaay more easy so we can help you =)

Tuffeyy

#6 » Post by Tuffeyy » 22 Sep 2011 03:27

Good post ^^ the solar flare on the pictures is an odd way of trying to draw attention tho

Draeniknight

#7 » Post by Draeniknight » 22 Sep 2011 06:11

Haha thanks. =)
Well, I wanted to make it more... dramatic I suppose. xD

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 May 2014 06:56

Ultra necro but the lens flares hurts my eyes! :( Gotta make a new version of this... adding to to-do list.