[NEW] Join the game without original client

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Sharm

[NEW] Join the game without original client

Post#1 » 09 Nov 2016 01:52

Hello guys!

Have you ever wanted to join the game when staying at the bus stop? Or when you have a lesson in the school? Or maybe you are dreaming about possibility to start 20 wow instances simultaneously on old PC?

I want to present you new software project, that has such capabilities!

Wow Mini Client - simple and lightweight unofficial World Of Warcraft client.

Supported game addons: The Burning Crusade (8606), Wrath of the Lich King (12340)
Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Android (under development), iOS (under development)
NOTICE: Original game client not required
NOTICE: Small file size (about 20Mb)
NOTICE: Working with any private wow server

Download: :arrow: http://wow-mini.com/downloads/latest/WowMiniSetup.exe :arrowl:

What is this?
This is a small lightweight client, which you can carry everywhere on flash drive. Capabilities are limited to interact with ingame chat for now. In fact this is wow chat with all chat functions from original client. You can join to the server using you regular username/password. Original game client not required for work. You can join to anyone private wow server with supported game addons (Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King). We plan to make it mobile in near future.

Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImage

Complete feature list:
Spoiler:
  • Support The Burning Crusade (8606) and Wrath of the Lich King (12340) expansions.
  • Authentication, realm selection, character selection, entering the world
  • Auto save last used realmlist and user account
  • Exit the game
  • Possibility to leave feedback or ask question related to software
  • Notifications about new versions
  • Ingame chat:
    • Receiving messages from /s, /p, /g, /r, /w and channels
    • Sending messages to /s, /p, /g, /r, /w and channels
    • Sending whispers by mouse clicking on player name
    • Display MOTD
    • Receiving system messages and notify messages
    • Possibility to join or leave channels (/join, /leave)
    • Auto join to all default channels
    • Return to already sended messages (Alt + Up Arrow)
    • All messages are colored like in original client
    • Correct display of colored texts
    • Correct display of items links

WARN! Software under active development for now. So please, leave feedback as much as possible. We want to add new features, that you like! Usefulness and usability is our top priority! We will continue development by you needs. You can leave feedback or ask question through WowMini interface:

Further development roadmap:
- First Android release through Google Play (Q4 2016)
- Improvements based on yours feedback and requests

About security:
Spoiler:
Last thing but not least is security. The security of your private information is fundamental unconditional principle for us. WowMini sends to our master server anonymous statistic of usage, but not private information. You can check it by yourself with any http sniffer. Thus, we guarantee, that your private information never will be stolen because of our fault.

For greater confidence I have added links to virustotal:
v1.1.0: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b2d4ad62730aea59bee7236b61517015b2670ff5a9f54a823197af5b4f12a135/analysis/1476644371/
v1.1.1: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5872069f797101fe5773a7e39583b0b68bca6528571eb6504bb801b795e46b8f/analysis/1478349492/
v1.1.2: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d781ea048e886f178cf3f3f4c00425aa9070f88b6dc50d0c34bf533d3f0e0abe/analysis/1478737373/
v1.1.3:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ba0e55ca6d3a8e1f983c43c5c9f5a82c93ea86edbcad973a4d5d5bae64bc2e38/analysis/1480546842/

Please don't hesitate to contact with me if you have any questions or issues.
Last edited by Sharm on 01 Dec 2016 23:35, edited 2 times in total.

Roel
Founder

Re: [NEW] Join the game without original client

Post#2 » 09 Nov 2016 01:52

Added to downloads page. We have tested the current version (1.1.1) and it doesn't collect passwords but it does send username and character names to 3rd party (Sharm). Safe with a strong password and email/forum links which are always recommended.

And one advice, don't log out in a hostile area if you want to use this. Character actually spawns in and can be killed :)
"Gohan, it must come from a need... not from materialistic desires." Goku

Eronox
Trial Game Master

Post#3 » 09 Nov 2016 08:40

Design could be improved alot.

Overall it's a cool idea who I've seen before, even made my own but web based. Keep it up!

PS. The fact that your nickname, Sharm, Is legendary in the WoW world since the parody singer featured on YouTube, you maybe should come up with something unique for once
“See yourself. You are the steps you take. You and you, and that's the only way.
Shake, shake yourself. You're every move you make, and so the story goes.”
- Owner of a Lonely Heart

Fastor

Post#4 » 09 Nov 2016 10:48

Roel, have you set your post hidden?
Liqueur wrote:I have a suggestion.
In Alterac Valley, corpses should drop the [Autographed Picture of Fastor] instead of the [Autographed Picture of Foror & Tigule]. I know it's not Blizzlike, but I'm sure we all agree that there's a huge demand for it. Vote +1 to make GMs implement this change.
All classes and specs guides
ICC Handbook

"A Quest Test" addon l made to automatically check is your quest bugged.

MerelyASetback
Donor

Post#5 » 09 Nov 2016 10:49

How does it work? (Modified exe, that doesn't load the graphical side or something a like?)

What are the current plans for the future? What extra functionality would you like to or could you add in? What limitations for possible abuses do you have in mind as well?

Is there a possibility/support to bridge the chats outside of the game to a third party message client? E.g. using a dummy account in your guild, on your program, on a server (or pc that's on 24/7 on) to bring guild chat to Slackchat or similar? (Comparable to how the IRC-bridge works for gms)
TrueWoW
Pieduke - Unholy DPS / Frost Tank
Pielord - Feral Tank
PrimalWoW
Moroes - Combat PVE / Subish PVP

Roel
Founder

Post#6 » 09 Nov 2016 10:52

Fastor wrote:Roel, have you set your post hidden?

I moved it to be the 2nd post but I guess it won't show as new post if you already read the 3rd in that short interval.
"Gohan, it must come from a need... not from materialistic desires." Goku

Sharm

Post#7 » 09 Nov 2016 23:59

MerelyASetback wrote:How does it work? (Modified exe, that doesn't load the graphical side or something a like?)

What are the current plans for the future? What extra functionality would you like to or could you add in? What limitations for possible abuses do you have in mind as well?

Is there a possibility/support to bridge the chats outside of the game to a third party message client? E.g. using a dummy account in your guild, on your program, on a server (or pc that's on 24/7 on) to bring guild chat to Slackchat or similar? (Comparable to how the IRC-bridge works for gms)

This application created from scratch, this is not modified wow.exe. It implements blizzards client-server protocol on client side.

Near plans is Android and iOS version. Next I'll add features by users requests. The big one is interaction with auction house.

Actually, I don't thinking about chat bridges. This is something different. In future this app will partial implement game functions, not only chat.

Nyeriah
Admin

Post#8 » 25 Nov 2016 01:31

Any news about the Android version? I got some friends that I only have contact in-game, would love to be able to chat when I can't be at pc
DISCLAIMER: I don't play on any private server other than TrueWoW and PrimalWoW and I have never created any character on any other server since my stay here. I am aware that imposters are using my alias and pretending to be me on other servers. I am not to be accounted for anything they say or do.

Return to “General Information”