How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
User avatar
ciccero
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Mar 2017 03:45

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#121 » Post by ciccero » 03 Apr 2019 16:00

So, why has the DL links and torrent link not been updated ?

User avatar
Axis
Senior Game Master
Posts: 335
Joined: 17 Oct 2018 21:38
Location: TrueWoW & PrimalWoW
Contact:

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#122 » Post by Axis » 03 Apr 2019 16:52

ciccero wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:00
So, why has the DL links and torrent link not been updated ?
The magnet link offered in the first post works fine (the same one is offered on our Discord's Support channel, in the pinned messages).
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

User avatar
ciccero
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Mar 2017 03:45

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#123 » Post by ciccero » 03 Apr 2019 21:15

AxisTiger wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:52
ciccero wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:00
So, why has the DL links and torrent link not been updated ?
The magnet link offered in the first post works fine (the same one is offered on our Discord's Support channel, in the pinned messages).
Ok, heading there now

User avatar
Coastalx
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 May 2019 16:05

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#124 » Post by Coastalx » 24 May 2019 17:18

So I downloaded the torrent and received this notice.

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted work made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or email to:
Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
Phone: (888) 565-4329
Fax: (856) 324-2940
For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:
Infringing Work: WORLD OF WARCRAFT - PC
Filename: World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow
Infringement Date: 2019-05-24T01:09:12.05Z
Infringement Type: P2P
Infringement Method: BITTORRENT
IP Address: xxxxxx (x'ed for privacy)
Reporting Party: "MarkMonitor Antipiracy" <antipiracy@p2p.markmonitor.com>
Reporting Party Case: 222161219082

User avatar
Axis
Senior Game Master
Posts: 335
Joined: 17 Oct 2018 21:38
Location: TrueWoW & PrimalWoW
Contact:

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#125 » Post by Axis » 24 May 2019 17:24

Coastalx wrote:
24 May 2019 17:18
So I downloaded the torrent and received this notice.

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted work made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or email to:
Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
Phone: (888) 565-4329
Fax: (856) 324-2940
For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:
Infringing Work: WORLD OF WARCRAFT - PC
Filename: World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow
Infringement Date: 2019-05-24T01:09:12.05Z
Infringement Type: P2P
Infringement Method: BITTORRENT
IP Address: xxxxxx (x'ed for privacy)
Reporting Party: "MarkMonitor Antipiracy" <antipiracy@p2p.markmonitor.com>
Reporting Party Case: 222161219082
Here is a reply by Admin IronSharona long ago for another player having a similar issue:
IronSharona wrote:Downloading the torrent of this game is technically considered a copyright violation. Unless you frequently download games/movies/music which are copyrighted it is unlikely to result in any action taken against you. The ISP is just trying to cover themselves. That being said, it's recommended that you take some precautions when you use torrenting, particularly if you live in the United States. One of the easiest things to do is to ensure that you don't leave your torrent application open for long periods of time while seeding previously downloaded content. This is a common way to track who has downloaded such copyrighted materials after the download completes.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

User avatar
Coastalx
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 May 2019 16:05

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#126 » Post by Coastalx » 25 May 2019 03:37

Hmm. I don’t leave the torrent software open. It auto exits on complete. Oh well.

User avatar
FrankyY2k9
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Nov 2018 23:41

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#127 » Post by FrankyY2k9 » 13 Jul 2019 17:12

Double check the icon in the bottom right as 9/10 it is still open but running in the background... My only solution that I do is to right click the mini icon in the bottom right of windows and quit uTorrent. That closes uTorrent completely. Happens with other torrent programs i.e. Bittorrent etc.. just always right click it and quit it once the torrent is completed

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests