How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
TheHighlandGamer

Re: How to start to play on PrimalWoW

#31 » Post by TheHighlandGamer » 31 Jul 2015 17:21

Ok just downloaded had same problem with realm-list that could not be edited this is how you fix it:

Step 1: Right click on the folder you downloaded (World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow)
Step 2: Click "Properties"
Step 3: Un-check the box where it says read only
Step 4: Locate file: realmlist.wtf
Step 5: Edit with notepad, wordpad e.t.c to change realm-list to: set realmlist logon.primalwow.org:3725
Step 6: Save it as realmlist.wtf
Step 7: Done

Hope this helped some of you! :D

severlupe

#32 » Post by severlupe » 31 Jul 2015 20:35

grrr - okay, torrent's downloaded; account is linked. wtf file changed. yet when i log in, it wants to download a patch in game, with an ultimate fail. help.......

UPDATE - followed the update from below, and i'm in. i think i was using the launcher vs the wow.exe
Last edited by Guest on 31 Jul 2015 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#33 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Jul 2015 20:38

Q: Whenever I try logging in, my client tries to patch up. Help!
This can happen due to few reasons:

By executing the Launcher.exe instead of Wow.exe: always run the game using the Wow.exe and never use the launcher, the launcer will always try to update your client to 4.x.x and such process is irreversible.

By having the default realmlist set at config files: make sure your realmlist.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/Data/enUS" or enGB depending on your client) file is set to "logon.primalwow.org:3725". If it is, also double check your config.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/WTF") file and make sure it's also set there to "logon.primalwow.org:3725".

Also, do not use your registration email to log in. Always use the account username you created at the Account Manager ("Create and Link" in-game account).
If nothing of the above works then I honestly don't know.

Ringholder

#34 » Post by Ringholder » 31 Jul 2015 23:59

Make sure you link your WoW game to http://www.primalwow.org. I was stuck for days trying to link my account to Battle.net just because of the "Account Manager" button on the WoW login screen.

Rhymezz

#35 » Post by Rhymezz » 02 Aug 2015 03:08

Nyeriah wrote:
Q: Whenever I try logging in, my client tries to patch up. Help!
This can happen due to few reasons:

By executing the Launcher.exe instead of Wow.exe: always run the game using the Wow.exe and never use the launcher, the launcer will always try to update your client to 4.x.x and such process is irreversible.

By having the default realmlist set at config files: make sure your realmlist.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/Data/enUS" or enGB depending on your client) file is set to "logon.primalwow.org:3725". If it is, also double check your config.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/WTF") file and make sure it's also set there to "logon.primalwow.org:3725".

Also, do not use your registration email to log in. Always use the account username you created at the Account Manager ("Create and Link" in-game account).
If nothing of the above works then I honestly don't know.
I had this same problem all night last night, and all day today. I've been working to see if I can create a work around. If I ever figure out how to login consistently I guess I'll post back.

Spiralmnkey123

Help Install

#36 » Post by Spiralmnkey123 » 03 Aug 2015 02:09

(ConflictManager::DeleteFile)

Wat do i do? :?: :?: :?:

Yourlocalwizard

#37 » Post by Yourlocalwizard » 07 Aug 2015 09:20

Will this work on windows 10? my friend is having issues with it

.bloodbathx420

#38 » Post by .bloodbathx420 » 20 Aug 2015 01:56

Having an issue with editing the realmlist. Using windows 8 and I have unchecked the 'read only' option in the properties of the realmlist, as well as the entire folder containing the game. If anyone has any idea of what else I can do to edit the realmlist it would be greatly appreciated :D

Neyomancer

#39 » Post by Neyomancer » 30 Aug 2015 21:47

Mine decided it was going to patch, then it patched all the way to MoP.

radinator

#40 » Post by radinator » 01 Sep 2015 09:05

Yourlocalwizard wrote:Will this work on windows 10? my friend is having issues with it
I'm on Windows 10 and haven't had a problem so far. Remember to log in with your login name, NOT your email address (in my case, it started trying to patch if I used my email).

nemosoda

#41 » Post by nemosoda » 09 Sep 2015 22:45

In account management when im creating my account, it wants me to choose an expac. I am concerned that if I choose vanilla, I won't be able to play BC when they unlock it.. Or am I just thinking about this all wrong?

Roel
Founder

#42 » Post by Roel » 09 Sep 2015 22:48

nemosoda wrote:In account management when im creating my account, it wants me to choose an expac. I am concerned that if I choose vanilla, I won't be able to play BC when they unlock it.. Or am I just thinking about this all wrong?
That's correct but you can change it at any time. I suggest just selecting WotLK if you have the expansion installed like almost everyone these days, we should remove that option.

WilteKios

#43 » Post by WilteKios » 12 Sep 2015 10:24

Prime wrote:
nemosoda wrote:In account management when im creating my account, it wants me to choose an expac. I am concerned that if I choose vanilla, I won't be able to play BC when they unlock it.. Or am I just thinking about this all wrong?
That's correct but you can change it at any time. I suggest just selecting WotLK if you have the expansion installed like almost everyone these days, we should remove that option.
My questions kinda similar, I just signed up and never played WoW before except the free to play up to level 20 thing a long time ago. Wasn't sure how the progressive expansion thing worked so I just selected vanilla. Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Roel
Founder

#44 » Post by Roel » 12 Sep 2015 10:36

WilteKios wrote:My questions kinda similar, I just signed up and never played WoW before except the free to play up to level 20 thing a long time ago. Wasn't sure how the progressive expansion thing worked so I just selected vanilla. Is that what I'm supposed to do?
It will work out fine but we will upgrade all accounts to WotLK when we remove that feature.

WilteKios

#45 » Post by WilteKios » 13 Sep 2015 06:14

Does that mean that support for vanilla and TBC will be ending soon?