How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Alingd2295

Re: How to start to play on PrimalWoW

#16 » Post by Alingd2295 » 25 Jul 2015 12:32

I don`t understand where are the players? on the BC server or on the WOTLK server? how does this server works ? when will be the blood elf implemented? i`m new to the server. THx

Roel
Founder

#17 » Post by Roel » 25 Jul 2015 12:38

Alingd2295 wrote:I don`t understand where are the players? on the BC server or on the WOTLK server? how does this server works ? when will be the blood elf implemented? i`m new to the server. THx
If you see more than one realm then your realmlist is wrong. The name of the realm is PrimalWoW. Blood elves will be available when we reach TBC content in like 2 years, for more information I suggest reading: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15284

Alingd2295

#18 » Post by Alingd2295 » 25 Jul 2015 12:45

What i don`t understand, when i create a game account, i have to choose from BC and WOTLK, what will be the difference in-game with this choices?

Roel
Founder

#19 » Post by Roel » 25 Jul 2015 12:52

Alingd2295 wrote:What i don`t understand, when i create a game account, i have to choose from BC and WOTLK, what will be the difference in-game with this choices?
I better remove that option to prevent such confusion. If you have the WotLK client installed, you can just choose WotLK although it wouldn't matter that much at this stage in the game.

Alingd2295

#20 » Post by Alingd2295 » 25 Jul 2015 13:01

Thank you. Anyways, from what i've understood so far, the game will progres like the official did back in the time, from the first patch, giving us the opportunity to play through each of the patches and feel the changes that took placed at each patch. We are at the "root of a tree" for now :D not just a static classic private server.

Roel
Founder

#21 » Post by Roel » 25 Jul 2015 13:24

Alingd2295 wrote:Thank you. Anyways, from what i've understood so far, the game will progres like the official did back in the time, from the first patch, giving us the opportunity to play through each of the patches and feel the changes that took placed at each patch. We are at the "root of a tree" for now :D not just a static classic private server.
You understood it correctly :)

.rubblebap

#22 » Post by .rubblebap » 25 Jul 2015 16:57

I just tried to make an undead mage and it said "error creating character" i'm using the wow client from warmane.com

anyone else experiencing this?

.rubblebap

#23 » Post by .rubblebap » 25 Jul 2015 16:59

nevermind it's working now, not sure why it didn't before :s

Jarvisone

#24 » Post by Jarvisone » 25 Jul 2015 21:03

Struggling to log on.

Have downloaded client, create account, linked it to profile and then get stuck at the login screen.

I have managed to log in with an email address but it soon prompts to download to 4.x.x ect and fails shortly after.

Have tried changing passwords ect but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Fixed, typo in realmlist...
Last edited by Guest on 25 Jul 2015 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

trapchristian

#25 » Post by trapchristian » 25 Jul 2015 21:06

Did you launch wow with the wow.exe file?

Nyeriah

#26 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Jul 2015 21:10

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 92&t=15285

Almost every issue should be covered there, please check if any of them matches your case. It's divided in topics entitled in the summary for easy searching with ctrl+f

jgelderloos

#27 » Post by jgelderloos » 26 Jul 2015 19:34

I am having trouble trying to connect. I am using the Wow.exe to launch, I changed my realm list and config to set realmlist logon.primalwow.org:3725. When I log in I get the update required and it starts downloading inside the game itself, this only takes a few seconds. If I cancel during this I just go back to the logon screen and have to start again. If I let it finish it want me to restart and then trys to run the updater, which I cancel. I then get the patch failed message. I have tried this with both logons and neither works. What am I doing wrong?

OK, 3 minutes later and I feel like an idiot. I was using my account emails, not the actual username. I need to read more carefully next time :)

.adamishere

#28 » Post by .adamishere » 26 Jul 2015 20:00

jtown wrote:
temocoqq wrote:current version : 3.3.5 (12340) release
June 24 2010

So I start the client from wow.exe (after setting the realmlist to set realmlist logon.primalwow.org:3725), try logging on, and the client insists on downloading a new patch (4.x.x), so I hit cancel. Get a dialogue box that says "failed to apply patch...." and won't let me log on.

What am I doing wrong? I've uninstalled the other versions of WoW I had. Help!

EDIT: fixed.

I tried doing this but it says my account name or password does not match. I've triple checked and put it in multiple times and it still doesnt work.

im getting the exact same shit

Shoxc

#29 » Post by Shoxc » 27 Jul 2015 19:55

same here :(

.reinis300

#30 » Post by .reinis300 » 28 Jul 2015 14:06

Yah i did it all right made the both realmlists downloaded truewow changed to primal wow went to account managment but when i try to log in it says login server down or connecting