How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Roel
Founder

Re: How to start to play on PrimalWoW

#46 » Post by Roel » 13 Sep 2015 12:30

WilteKios wrote:Does that mean that support for vanilla and TBC will be ending soon?
No, that option was only meant for people who are on patch 3.3.5a but don't have both expansions installed. As you can see, it's causing more confusion than doing good because more than 99% of the players download a full client these days. It's really nothing to worry about.

Budaswag

#47 » Post by Budaswag » 13 Sep 2015 14:27

It says that my login details are wrong, even though i double checked it and i have my realmlist set + account linked, any help? :(

VirtusInvicta

#48 » Post by VirtusInvicta » 19 Sep 2015 02:43

Budaswag wrote:It says that my login details are wrong, even though i double checked it and i have my realmlist set + account linked, any help? :(
Same problem here, game account check, realm list check..I did two game accounts and it says "information not valid"...

Roel
Founder

#49 » Post by Roel » 19 Sep 2015 10:50

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 92&t=15285
Q: Whenever I try logging in, my client tries to patch up. Help!
This can happen due to few reasons:

By executing the Launcher.exe instead of Wow.exe: always run the game using the Wow.exe and never use the launcher, the launcer will always try to update your client to 4.x.x and such process is irreversible.

By having the default realmlist set at config files: make sure your realmlist.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/Data/enUS" or enGB depending on your client) file is set to "logon.primalwow.org:3725". If it is, also double check your config.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/WTF") file and make sure it's also set there to "logon.primalwow.org:3725".

Also, do not use your registration email to log in. Always use the account username you created at the Account Manager ("Create and Link" in-game account).
Did you try also putting the realmlist in config.wtf? It shouldn't be required for our new torrent download but it might be for other clients.

Heimerdingy

#50 » Post by Heimerdingy » 24 Sep 2015 10:53

thanks great info :)

pvescrub

#51 » Post by pvescrub » 09 Oct 2015 20:54

I can confirm that uTorrent truly works much better than other torrent programs with this particular torrent. Of course it's worth using the older version of the client (2.2.1 for example) that's not infected with any bloatware.

I'll be seeding this as often as I remember to open the client :)

Roel
Founder

#52 » Post by Roel » 09 Oct 2015 21:42

pvescrub wrote:I can confirm that uTorrent truly works much better than other torrent programs with this particular torrent. Of course it's worth using the older version of the client (2.2.1 for example) that's not infected with any bloatware.

I'll be seeding this as often as I remember to open the client :)
That should not really be a problem for the new torrent (the one that already has primalwow in the realmlist). It has a working tracker with it. Anyway thanks for seeding.

Gorachlenor

#53 » Post by Gorachlenor » 15 Oct 2015 02:20

Greetings,

I have just re downloaded WOW and attempted to change the file you speak of. I could not find it, so I tried to create it using notepad. Did not work.
May I have some help getting this going?

Thanks
May the EarthMother Smile Upon You!

Roel
Founder

#54 » Post by Roel » 15 Oct 2015 10:36

Gorachlenor wrote:Greetings,

I have just re downloaded WOW and attempted to change the file you speak of. I could not find it, so I tried to create it using notepad. Did not work.
May I have some help getting this going?

Thanks
Generally it shouldn't be required to edit anything from our download. WTF/config.wtf is created when you first start the client. When you do that and have trouble logging in with your username, you could check that file if the realmlist is also correct in that file.

Gorachlenor

#55 » Post by Gorachlenor » 15 Oct 2015 17:14

Hi Prime,

Ok I checked the config.wtf file and can not find a realmlist line in it. I have SET realmName "Silver Hand" bt no realmlist line. Could I add that line to the config file?

Also I have the latest version of the game, will that still work with your servers, or do I need a game only patched up to wotlk?

Thanks for all the help.

Roel
Founder

#56 » Post by Roel » 15 Oct 2015 17:58

First your game needs to WotLK at patch 3.3.5a, which you can see at the bottom left when corner after starting the game.
The config file needs to contain this line:

Code: Select all

SET realmList "logon.primalwow.org:3725"

Gorachlenor

#57 » Post by Gorachlenor » 15 Oct 2015 19:48

Nuts, ok so I need to uninstall and reinstall with a version that is only that one then?
TY

Cleofatra

#58 » Post by Cleofatra » 15 Oct 2015 20:03

^ Yes. This is true of all private servers. You need a client that is "rolled back" to the appropriate patch. Primal WoW is using the WotLK client.

Gorachlenor

#59 » Post by Gorachlenor » 15 Oct 2015 21:12

Thanks Cleofatra

I wonder if I can install another client Hhrrmm will try. I have up to wotlk discs.

Roel
Founder

#60 » Post by Roel » 15 Oct 2015 21:29

Easiest way is to just downlaod the one we offer: http://www.primalwow.org/download