How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
IronSharona
Former Staff

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 08 May 2015 12:18

Hello and welcome to TrueWoW! This will serve as a step-by-step guide to connecting to our realms.

1. Download the Wrath of the Lich King (3.3.5a) client. You can do this via our downloads page:
https://truewow.org/download
-
We do not use a patched version of the WotLK client so anywhere that you can obtain the base (no custom patches) version of the game, it should be perfectly fine to use here. If you already have the client from playing elsewhere, you can move on to the next step! If not, we provide a magnet link which you can use (above) with any torrent program to download a fresh 3.3.5a client. If you encounter issues along the way, please create a topic in the General Support forum and staff will investigate, updating the available links if necessary.

2. Update your realmlist
-
Locate the file "realmlist.wtf" inside your WoW folder. It is usually inside the Data folder, in subfolder enUS or enGB (depending on your client locale). You can open realmlist.wtf using any plain text editor, such as Notepad. You will want to edit the text inside this file to have a single line saying "set realmlist login.truewow.org". Save the file, and close it.

3. Create a forum account
-
On TrueWoW, we use a double-account based system. The first account you will need to create is a forum account. Forum accounts are used to post on the forums, as well as access and manage content related to your in-game accounts (ie. Recovering lost passwords, buying vanity items). You can create a forum account by hovering over the person icon at the right of the navigation bar on the top of the website, and clicking Register at the bottom.

-
You may read our Terms and Conditions, and you will need to click "I agree to these terms" to move forward. You will then need to enter:
  • A public username for the forums
  • Your email address
  • A password
  • Confirmation of your password
  • Your preferred language
  • Your timezone (for post date/time adjustment)
Click the checkbox to prove you aren't a robot and then click submit to complete the form.

4. Create an in-game account
-
On TrueWoW, we use a double-account based system. The second account you will create is the one used to log into the game itself. Log into your forum account first, and head to the Account Manager. It is available under the Account heading on the navigation bar. The second box down on the left can be used to create a new game account, and automatically link it to your forum account so you can buy vanity items or recover your password if necessary in the future. MAKE SURE your in-game password is not longer than 12 characters! Click the Create and Link button.

5. Log into the game!
-
Open your client downloaded in Step 1, or reopen it if it was already opened when you performed Step 2. Enter the username and password you created in Step 4 (NOT Step 3, and do NOT use your email address to log in). Click submit and you should be able to access the character selection screen. If you are not defaulted to the realm you want to play on, click the Change Realm button in the top right corner. Remember that TrueWoW is a PvE realm with fully-released Wrath content.

Welcome to TrueWoW, from all our staff and players to you!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Please be sure to say hello and let someone know if you need anything while you're here. :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

Re: How to start to play on PrimalWoW

#2 » Post by Eronox » 18 Jun 2015 00:22

-- Edit by andriuspel --
Download links for client download via browser and via torrent: https://truewow.org/download

Use Utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/)
-> Copy the Magnet above
---> Paste in URL Bar
-----> Click Enter
-------> Get prompted with Utorrent Download!

Magnet in URL doesn't work?
Let's try do it manually. Follow the steps below!

If you still have issues with this, feel free to chat with staff at our Discord.

Discord
https://discord.gg/5MYqsft

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

moldveien

#3 » Post by moldveien » 07 Jul 2015 10:46

There is a problem with the torrent that is included. You cant change the realmlist without making a new file... And that file wont be a .WTF file so it wont work the entire folder it is in is edit protected in my case can someone link me a download to just the realmlist?

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 07 Jul 2015 10:47

For any read-only files, you can just go to properties and uncheck "read-only".

Strum

#5 » Post by Strum » 13 Jul 2015 03:55

ComposMentis wrote:
notice96 wrote:Where do i download "WOTLK client" ???
Here you are: http://tiny.cc/PrimalWoW
Just change the realmlist once the download is completed. :)
I can't find the folder to change the realmlist

temocoqq

#6 » Post by temocoqq » 13 Jul 2015 07:38

current version : 3.3.5 (12340) release
June 24 2010

So I start the client from wow.exe (after setting the realmlist to set realmlist logon.primalwow.org:3725), try logging on, and the client insists on downloading a new patch (4.x.x), so I hit cancel. Get a dialogue box that says "failed to apply patch...." and won't let me log on.

What am I doing wrong? I've uninstalled the other versions of WoW I had. Help!

EDIT: fixed.

jtown

#7 » Post by jtown » 13 Jul 2015 21:43

temocoqq wrote:current version : 3.3.5 (12340) release
June 24 2010

So I start the client from wow.exe (after setting the realmlist to set realmlist logon.primalwow.org:3725), try logging on, and the client insists on downloading a new patch (4.x.x), so I hit cancel. Get a dialogue box that says "failed to apply patch...." and won't let me log on.

What am I doing wrong? I've uninstalled the other versions of WoW I had. Help!

EDIT: fixed.

I tried doing this but it says my account name or password does not match. I've triple checked and put it in multiple times and it still doesnt work.

strongbad899

#8 » Post by strongbad899 » 14 Jul 2015 07:06

Hi just wondering is there a mac client?? im downloading the torrent now or does it not matter

strongbad899

#9 » Post by strongbad899 » 14 Jul 2015 07:08

Hi im downloading the wotlk client now and am wondering if i need to do download something else because i have a mac?? is there a mac client for this server

sxeben

#10 » Post by sxeben » 16 Jul 2015 02:15

is the linked torrent windows only? can't open this on my mac

shikarii

#11 » Post by shikarii » 20 Jul 2015 01:12

Shadowthrone

#12 » Post by Shadowthrone » 21 Jul 2015 21:09

Once you've finished downloading the client, I would recommend copying the whole thing and saving a backup somewhere, in case it starts to update, as this will screw up the whole thing. I've had to re-download the whole thing a couple of times because of this, as the battle.net client for retail-WoW has somehow managed to corrupt the Lich King-launcher file a couple of times whilst updating current WoW. I don't know how I managed to do that, but nooby PC-users such as myself might run into some of the same issues. So just remember, make backups! Preferably on an external drive.

reganio

#13 » Post by reganio » 22 Jul 2015 20:49

Hello, i am confused at Step 3 - 2 - Creating an account for game. I have used the same email address as on my forum account, does that mess anything? And whats the expansion choice related to? We all play to a cap of 60lvl, so it doesn't matter what i choose?

.Zsombee

#14 » Post by .Zsombee » 22 Jul 2015 20:51

Expansion choice locks you from WOTLK features like Barber Shop or Dual Talent Spec.

nighto

#15 » Post by nighto » 23 Jul 2015 07:31

Thank you very much for this server, it's all I've always wanted.