How to Connect to Our Server

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
ciccero

Re: How to Connect to Our Server

#121 » Post by ciccero » 03 Apr 2019 16:00

So, why has the DL links and torrent link not been updated ?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#122 » Post by Axis » 03 Apr 2019 16:52

ciccero wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:00
The magnet link offered in the first post works fine (the same one is offered on our Discord's Support channel, in the pinned messages).
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

ciccero

#123 » Post by ciccero » 03 Apr 2019 21:15

AxisTiger wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:52
ciccero wrote:
03 Apr 2019 16:00
The magnet link offered in the first post works fine (the same one is offered on our Discord's Support channel, in the pinned messages).
Ok, heading there now

Coastalx

#124 » Post by Coastalx » 24 May 2019 17:18

So I downloaded the torrent and received this notice.

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted work made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or email to:
Comcast Customer Security Assurance
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
Phone: (888) 565-4329
Fax: (856) 324-2940
For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:
Infringing Work: WORLD OF WARCRAFT - PC
Filename: World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow
Infringement Date: 2019-05-24T01:09:12.05Z
Infringement Type: P2P
Infringement Method: BITTORRENT
IP Address: xxxxxx (x'ed for privacy)
Reporting Party: "MarkMonitor Antipiracy" <antipiracy@p2p.markmonitor.com>
Reporting Party Case: 222161219082

Axis
Senior Game Master

#125 » Post by Axis » 24 May 2019 17:24

Coastalx wrote:
24 May 2019 17:18
So I downloaded the torrent and received this notice.

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted work made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or email to:
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
Phone: (888) 565-4329
Fax: (856) 324-2940
For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:
Infringing Work: WORLD OF WARCRAFT - PC
Filename: World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow
Infringement Date: 2019-05-24T01:09:12.05Z
Infringement Type: P2P
Infringement Method: BITTORRENT
IP Address: xxxxxx (x'ed for privacy)
Reporting Party: "MarkMonitor Antipiracy" <antipiracy@p2p.markmonitor.com>
Reporting Party Case: 222161219082
Here is a reply by Admin IronSharona long ago for another player having a similar issue:
IronSharona wrote:Downloading the torrent of this game is technically considered a copyright violation. Unless you frequently download games/movies/music which are copyrighted it is unlikely to result in any action taken against you. The ISP is just trying to cover themselves. That being said, it's recommended that you take some precautions when you use torrenting, particularly if you live in the United States. One of the easiest things to do is to ensure that you don't leave your torrent application open for long periods of time while seeding previously downloaded content. This is a common way to track who has downloaded such copyrighted materials after the download completes.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Coastalx

#126 » Post by Coastalx » 25 May 2019 03:37

Hmm. I don’t leave the torrent software open. It auto exits on complete. Oh well.

FrankyY2k9

#127 » Post by FrankyY2k9 » 13 Jul 2019 17:12

Double check the icon in the bottom right as 9/10 it is still open but running in the background... My only solution that I do is to right click the mini icon in the bottom right of windows and quit uTorrent. That closes uTorrent completely. Happens with other torrent programs i.e. Bittorrent etc.. just always right click it and quit it once the torrent is completed

TempestWolf

#128 » Post by TempestWolf » 02 Mar 2020 20:01

Hello, it's been a while since I last visited the forums.
I'm an old, returning player and I played since early Gaming Constortium days.
I am here trying to contact administrators because when I go to my account manager it says I need to contact one.
I wanna login to my existing characters from my old PC. Last time i tried that I couldn't connect so I thought that the server was closed without actually checking if it closed down ^_^
Now I see that it still exists and it always makes me happy seeing it. I hope someone contacts me and fixes this issue.
I will try to login again real soon and I'll write here if I manage to connect. If I do manage to connect then all is fine :)
Salutations from me!
Stay BASED!!

Thesisko

#129 » Post by Thesisko » 01 Apr 2020 02:30

Can you please update this? So far all the links my friend is trying are not working.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#130 » Post by Axis » 01 Apr 2020 02:37

Thesisko wrote:
01 Apr 2020 02:30
Can you please update this? So far all the links my friend is trying are not working.
Kindly be more specific.
Which links are you referring to?
ImageImageImage

Thesisko

#131 » Post by Thesisko » 01 Apr 2020 02:41

Resolved

WPD_ps

#132 » Post by WPD_ps » 11 May 2020 22:57

How do u connet to the server on Linux?
"How do animals know how to animal, when they are not taught. Ll.. like nobody teaches them. Like if you get a cat, and it spawns, and you take it away from its mom, and you get a cat, the cat knows how to cat, without looking at any other cats." - xQc

TW:
Billieeilish - Level 80 Warlock
Freyjawion - Level 70 Mage

andriuspel
Former Staff

#133 » Post by andriuspel » 11 May 2020 23:38

WPD_ps wrote:
11 May 2020 22:57
How do u connet to the server on Linux?
You must install package called "wine" + core fonts (via "winetricks") and run windows based wow client (https://wiki.winehq.org/Download), this application can run windows executables on linux system, lots of apps are supported but still you can encounter minor glitches. Also i suggest to start game in already running graphical environment, like XFCE or KDE environments (or atleast windows manager running).

For rest setup base windows based guide can be used.

Noting - if you have nvidia card, use proprietary driver, stock linux graphics driver for nvidia graphics aren't ready for gaming and performs lower FPS, for intel/amd based cards you don't need to download external drivers.

NOTE2: if you're OS X user, you can run windows based wotlk client by installing wine package via brew system or via dualboot/virtualization (virtualization is not prefered, its performance is really bad), noting, since Catalina release Apple dropped 32 bit support, you cannot run native OS X wow client or run 32 bit windows application via wine, for wotlk version you can use only virtualization or dualboot

NOTE3: if you have hybrid graphics (intel + nvidia for example), make sure you disabled integrated intel graphics, for example, some laptop models could have minimal issues in wine to decide which graphics to use and by default wine could target intel graphics instead of nvidia or amd card
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

WPD_ps

#134 » Post by WPD_ps » 14 May 2020 02:09

Thank you! :D
"How do animals know how to animal, when they are not taught. Ll.. like nobody teaches them. Like if you get a cat, and it spawns, and you take it away from its mom, and you get a cat, the cat knows how to cat, without looking at any other cats." - xQc

TW:
Billieeilish - Level 80 Warlock
Freyjawion - Level 70 Mage