Background Support Engine

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Nyeriah

Background Support Engine

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2015 17:18

Hello,

I believe most users were wondering what this "hidden" support engine I have mentioned at the current Quality Analysis Campaign refers to so I'll take the time to clear it up.

Basically, integrated to the ticket system, there's an operational engine that attempts to solve issues on spot if the request gets triggered and the proper conditions are met. For example, let's assume you're doing that Theramore Isle quest and Major Mills got stuck at you. Opening a ticket with the keywords "Mills" or "Major" will trigger the support request and initiates the checks. If the check passes, Mills is respawned in a brief moment.

There are currently 4 support requests scripted (Mills, Deathbringer's door stuck, Icecrown Citadel combat bug, and I think Stratholme Corpse Explosion issue... but I'm not sure about this last one).

You can identify the engine's messages as they always start with a Blizz tag and are written in light blue, that won't change depending on your settings.

This was kept as a "hidden" feature so far because it was experimental - and it still is - so we had to tell how well would it be working and figure the general public acceptance.

We can't script complex things - and we don't really intend to - but the most recurring issues can be added to it in time if the issue itself can't be fixed in a reasonable time due to any reason.

Regards.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Fastor

Re: Background Support Engine

#2 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2015 18:34

Code: Select all

RDF Reset
Resets RDF and mails cake and hug?

Nymunne
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Nymunne » 27 Dec 2015 18:36

Fastor wrote:

RDF Reset
I already answered about RDF reset in another topic somewhere. Roel made some fix. Worked for a while then it stopped working so we had to go back to manual reset. Anyway not sure if RDF reset can or should be added to that list as it can make every troll reset it whenever they get bored and want to do that...

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2015 18:38

Nymunne wrote:
Fastor wrote:

RDF Reset
I already answered about RDF reset in another topic somewhere. Roel made some fix. Worked for a while then it stopped working so we had to go back to manual reset. Anyway not sure if RDF reset can or should be added to that list as it can make every troll reset it whenever they get bored...

IF written by Fastor 
THEN do it
Last edited by Fastor on 27 Dec 2015 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2015 19:34

I don't think there's a fail safe scenario to determine it's stuck and players can't tell when it is, so I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have it in

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2016 18:18

Since we've caught players abusing it at Putricide's Insect Trap event, and eventually due to the recent changes (Deathbound Ward's scripted and other improvements to ICC) we'll be disabling the "clear combat bug" ICC functionality from the Support Engine. Now instead, when it's triggered, it'll hint that the command to be used to address it is ".debug hostil", which has been programmed to remove most invalid hostiles (Tirion, Crock, critters, etc).

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 Jan 2018 03:54

The "AI" makes a return and will now inform players of the quest completer if they open tickets with the "quest" keyword in it! It'll also complete any bugged quests in their quest log while at it.

“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

ChristineM

#8 » Post by ChristineM » 28 May 2019 12:04

Nyeriah wrote:
27 Dec 2015 19:34
I don't think there's a fail safe scenario to determine it's stuck and players can't tell when it is, so I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have it in
It seems, it is not too complicated to do. So why not?

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 May 2019 02:33

Because allowing players to reset it manually would have meant that no dungeons would form whatsoever. Someone unknowingly or with the intent to do so would keep trashing the queue before it could form any group.

Furthermore, the queue was already being reset every hour which eventually made any further contingency unnecessary.

Note that I don’t work for this server anymore nor do I think this system is still in place. It’s 4 years old by now and probably deprecated.

Time flies so fast. I’m even blonde now.
― Johnny R. Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 29 May 2019 09:25

Nyeriah wrote:
29 May 2019 02:33
Because allowing players to reset it manually would have meant that no dungeons would form whatsoever. Someone unknowingly or with the intent to do so would keep trashing the queue before it could form any group.

Furthermore, the queue was already being reset every hour which eventually made any further contingency unnecessary.

Note that I don’t work for this server anymore nor do I think this system is still in place. It’s 4 years old by now and probably deprecated.

Time flies so fast. I’m even blonde now.
Basically this.
To prevent abuse and also it's a non-issue.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in