FAQ - Common Issues and Useful Information

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Nyeriah

FAQ - Common Issues and Useful Information

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Mar 2014 06:14

Common Issues and Useful Information
Here are to be found the most common issues and how to deal with them.
It's advisable to read this before requesting help or opening a thread.
Summary
Game Troubleshooting
Q: Where can I download the game client?
Q: I have downloaded the client from another source. What should I do?
Q: Whenever I try logging in, my client tries to patch up. Help!
Q: I have installed a higher version than the server is compatible. Is there a way to downgrade it?
Q: My client constantly crashes! How can I fix that?
Q: Where can I get addons for TrueWoW's game version?
Connection Troubleshooting
Q: I can't seem to connect to the server. Is there anything I can do?
Q: I have been experiencing high latency lately, is there anything that can be done to lessen it?
Q: I can't connect to the server, it says my account has been temporarily/permanently suspended...
Q: After failing a few log-ins, my IP has been locked out. Could someone help me out?
Q: I have forgotten my password. How can I recover it?
Q: The server seems to reject my credentials in-game, but I can log in at website just fine. What am I doing wrong?
Miscellaneous
Q: I think WoW has some semi-lousy graphics. How can I improve it besides setting in game set to max?
Q: How can I turn it back to normal settings?
Q: How do I increase my camera view distance?

°°°
Game Client Troubleshooting
[/size]

Q: Where can I download the game client from?
A download to the torrent file for Windows can be found at our Downloads section. This is a "plug and play" version, no installation or patching is needed, it's ready to use at TrueWoW.

Q: I have downloaded the client from another source. What should I do?
Unless it's also a "plug and play" version that is already patched, you'll need to apply the patches manually. Do not update your client through Blizzard's launcher, it'll patch the game to the newest version, you must download it manually. Most patches can be found here.

Straight forward patching:
Spoiler:
You must also make sure your realmlist.wtf file is set to "login.truewow.org" in case you download it from another source. Check the Connection Troubleshooting section for more information.

Q: Whenever I try logging in, my client tries to patch up. Help!
This can happen for a few reasons:

By executing the Launcher.exe instead of Wow.exe. Always run the game using the Wow.exe and never use the launcher, the launcer will always try to update your client and those updates are irreversible.

By having the default realmlist set at config files: make sure your realmlist.wtf (found at "./World of Warcraft/Data/enUS" or enGB depending on your client) file is set to "login.truewow.org". If it is, also double check your config.wtf (found at "./World of Warcraft/WTF") file and make sure it's also set there to "login.truewow.org".

Also, do not use your registration email to log in. Always use the account username you created at the Account Manager ("Create and Link" in-game account).

Q: I have installed a higher version than the server is compatible. Is there a way to downgrade it?
TrueWoW supports only 3.3.5 clients and sadly 4.x.x clients cannot be downgraded, so you'll have to download the game again.

Q: My client constantly crashes! How can I fix that?
Client crashes can be caused by many factors, generally environmental, add-ons, or corrupt files. The most common ones are failures while decompressing files (which in most cases is either HDD issue or corrupt files), INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (which is caused by add ons trying to divide unit's power wrongly) and "memory could not be read" (which usually means resources needed to run the game were denied by the machine its being run on, this crash often happens on low-end computers; it is related to virtual memory usage). Such errors are always written in the game crash logs, such as:
Spoiler:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:0084E380

The instruction at "0x0084E380" referenced memory at "0x00000435".
The memory could not be "read".
If you're sure your crashes are caused by corrupt game files, the only solution is to download the game again. You can also try downloading it to a different partition or hard drive if you suspect drive failure.

INT_DIVIDED_BY_ZERO crashes are usually presented as this
Spoiler:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: E:\World Of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000094 (INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 0023:0060EF05

Current Addon: XPerl_PartyPet
Current Addon function: UnitMana
Current Addon object: (null)
They're caused by addons wrongly checking for creature's power, most of times, pets. As it can be seen the addon that causes the crash is listed in the crash log and also the function that has caused it: "UnitMana" or "GetUnitPower". The only way to solve this at the current moment is by disabling the addon or addon module that causes the crash.

Useful information when dealing with some specific addons:
Spoiler:
???? wrote:Go ingame and type "/msbt" - a window will open. (It's called MikSkrollingBattleText by the way.)

Once the window opens go to the "Triggers" section and find the "Low Mana!" warning - disable it and you'll be fine.

Anyway, as far as I know I've only seen Xperl Party Pets' Mana function for some and MSBT's "Low Mana!" warning for others being the problems here resulting in the kicks - if anyone is getting anything that's neither of them, some heads-up would be appreciated.

Go ingame and open Xperl's window, and click on "Party". Look for "Party Pets" in the bottom-right of the window and disable "Mana" - that's it. You should be fine without having to disable the whole subaddon.
For any other kind of crash you can always try browsing through Battle.net forums for possible causes, just keep in mind the client version that should be the same as yours. If nothing conclusive is found, you can try opening a thread at our General Support section and we'll attempt to help you out.
Just remember to always be objective and always post the full crash logs in case of crashes.
Q: Where can I get addons for TrueWoW's game version?
Our server holds the Downloads section where the most popular addons can be downloaded. Additionally, you can also try other sites, such as http://www.wowace.com - just make sure you do download a version compatible with your client! Is your favorite addon missing from our list? You can always suggest it to be added by opening a new Suggestion!

°°°
Connection Troubleshooting

Q: I can't seem to be able to connect to the server. Is there anything I can do?
That may happen due to three main reasons. There may be issues with the authentication server (which usually don't last long), a wrong realm list may have been set, or there may be issues with the user's internet service provider. If the game server is offline it will show grey at the realm selection window after the authentication process is done, but that's also something that does not last for long.

Q: I have been experiencing high latency lately, anything that can be done to lesser it?
Our server is located in Northern France, so depending on your distance to the host some latency is expected. However, if there's heavy package loss ratios between the user and the server response times might increase severely, this is usually caused by issues regarding the end-user internet service provider. While there isn't really much that can be done in such cases, some IP tunneling methods such as the one used by Pingzapper might lessen the response times (Pingzapper's trial accounts have sessions limited to an hour, but after the timer expires you can just re open the application and start a new session normally).

Q: I can't connect to the server, it says my account has been temporarily/permanently suspended...
Bans, ban length and reasons can be seen at the Account Manager when clicking the account. For further information on what might get you banned, check the Server Rules.

Q: After failing a few log-ins, my IP has been locked out. Could someone help me out?
Our authentication server automatically suspends IPs for 15 minutes after too many failed log-in attempts in a row. If you remember your password after triggering this ban, you can remove it from the Account Manager.

Q: I have forgotten my password. How can I recover it?
If the account is under your possession you can always request a password reset at the Account Manager.

Q: The server seems to reject my credentials in-game, but I can log in at website just fine. What am I doing wrong?
Forum accounts cannot be used to log in in-game the same way as in-game account credentials are not accepted by the website. Game and forum accounts are not the same thing. In-game accounts can only be created at the Account Manager and you must use those credentials to log in-game.

°°°
Miscellaneous
Q: I think WoW has some semi-lousy graphics. How can I improve it besides setting in game set to max?
Create a macro with this text and click it:

Code: Select all

/console groundEffectDensity 256 
/console groundEffectDist 140 
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100 
/console horizonfarclip 2112 
/console farclip 777 
/console characterAmbient 
/console smallcull 0 
/console skycloudlod 3
Q: How can I turn it back to normal settings?
Create a macro with this text and click it:

/console groundEffectDensity 16 
/console groundEffectDist 1 
/console horizonfarclip 1305 
/console farclip 177 
/console characterAmbient 1 
/console smallcull 1 
/console skycloudlod 1 
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1
Q: How do I increase my camera view distance?
Create a macro with the text of either examples below and click it:

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 5 

/console cameraDistancemax 50 
°°°
Further assistance required?
You can always stop by our Chat Room!
Users with an "@" beside their names are Staff members and they'll often be there ready to assist you. When you join the chat, ask your question instead of asking if anyone is around, and then wait patiently for a response. Staff are volunteers and sometimes have lives of their own.
You can also try sending us a message on the forums by clicking > HERE <
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Nyeriah

Re: FAQ - Common Issues and Useful Information

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Mar 2016 04:04

PRIMALWOW
- If you're unable to login your account or your characters are missing please read the Forums & Realm Merged announcement.
- if you already had an account at TrueWoW you might want to read it too so you can know more about how you can merge them.[/size]
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart: