As announced in our Happy Holidays thread, there are several things planned for the future of our server, the future of our network. Things that will require a lot of dedication and time from us, and we certainly will need all the help we can gather to ensure we provide the best experience to our players.
TrueWoW has been here for over 6 years, throughout this time we got to meet people with all sorts of talents, from many different nationalities, living often different life styles. We've been home to all these people and we do hope we'll come across many others in our yet long road.
Being a staff member is a volunteer's job. And as any other volunteer's job, it requires dedication, but also vocation (you must be aware that you'll be dedicating a fair share of your time into making the server a better place for yourself and the others, without expecting either personal gain or renown).
Whether you're skilled in emulation or you're just learning how to get around GM commands, we have a place for you. We are a team composed by veterans and people who are just starting in their Game Master career so experience as a Game Master is not a requirement as we'll be providing you the assistance to get started. We tend to value good team players and people who know how to keep their heads over their shoulders.
We have a vast set of tools and a good structure at the disposal of our Game Masters to assist them to address issues and they improve our QoL a lot.
Once accepted the applicant will be given a one month trial. During this trial, they'll be given a basic set of commands to help them in their daily activities. It's not really expected a lot from them at this time (you'll be mostly in charge of moderating channels and replying to basic support tickets (orienting people how to report a bug, orienting people how to vote or get rewards, etc)).
This is not a job. You're not forced to contribute in any way and you can contribute whenever and however you can. Staff members only get demoted by inactivity after a large amount of time without any justification.
- - Moderate in-game channels, watching for rule breakers.
- Respond to player tickets either in-game through our tools.
- Watch out for abusers and keep track of the anti-cheat warnings in-game.
- Be responsible and respectful to the server and staff internal rules.
- - Knowledge of the game - you must have a some knowledge of how classes work, how boss encounters work and how quests work. Awareness of the common issues (presented at the tracker or not) is also a plus that goes well along the way.
- Advanced skills in English writing (you should be able to communicate with the team and the community without excessive typos or broken English).
- Interpersonal skills (the ability to work as a team and cooperate with others).
- Please tell us how long have you been around our server and how much do you know of our goals and background history.
- Please include the name of your main character and which realm do you play on.
- It's not required to include personal information such as name or age but if you tell us a little about yourself that may be a plus.
- The accepted candidate will undergo a 1 month trial as with any other staff position.
(...or send me a personal message...)