Scamming accounts

Tauren

Re: Scamming accounts

#16 » Post by Tauren » 28 Jun 2011 06:01

bluebell wrote:I don't think the thread was aimed at accusing Locus of stealing accounts, but rather Skywalker or at least the person who has Skywalker's account. Locus was mentioned, as far as I'm aware, because Skywalker was saying Locus was his brother despite failing to answer my questions which would support the claim. That and when I asked Locus, he said he was an only child.

I know the deal with your accounts, you're responsibility etc, and I myself would never trade unless I knew the person very well (eg, liberty) but if there's a lot of people saying one specific individual, or IP or whatever is scamming people, would it not be too much bother to look into it? Obviously under the current climate it's not going to be priority #1 but still.

I know Skywalker's account whispered me asking if I wanted to trade my character for his and listed separate accounts, and I believe this has happened to other people being whispered with the same proposal. Yeah yeah we haven't really got proof of it happening, but when someone whispers a paladin and a warlock saying "hey want to trade my dk, shaman, priest and something else for your character?" it implies they're not wanting a specific character but anything they can get.
you!!! i spat on you so many times when you raided stormwind last night... ugh i hate fem belf paladins. haha

Klicky

#17 » Post by Klicky » 28 Jun 2011 06:28

Racist.

Kraith
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Kraith » 28 Jun 2011 06:39

And sexist
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

kajika

#19 » Post by kajika » 28 Jun 2011 07:15

thnx all ppl this mean much to me
and as prite say he is one of guilders and i know him for a long time and helped me too much and played together didnt think he will do this to me !

Bluebell
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Bluebell » 28 Jun 2011 09:59

I knew I should have worn my "of the Exodar" title and Orb of Deception.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Glacius

#21 » Post by Glacius » 28 Jun 2011 10:29

k soo...
Theres a real simple way of doing this...

- When anyone by the name of Kajika, Skywalker or Locus(if not more) asks you for your account.
- You say "OK, send me info", then go afk and /ignore
- Like i do when giving gold 2 beggars (since i saw Stryke's Post)...without the /ignore ;D

Intervention
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Intervention » 28 Jun 2011 10:49

As much as i hate scammers like this. If this was my server i would ban scammer but it's not and i do partly agree with trade at your own risk. It's a 50/50 and a delicate situation. Regardless, i'm not sure why anyone would trade account info so insecurely.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

narcissa

#23 » Post by narcissa » 28 Jun 2011 15:45

There was someone today in alliance whispering about having 80s on horde side, don't remember the name though it was Dw.. something. My guess is probably the same guy so be aware.

Peterpanda

#24 » Post by Peterpanda » 28 Jun 2011 16:16

So I know Locus fairly well and he is the sweetest guy ever, he'd never try to scam people from their accounts. He told me that this Skywalker person whisped him wanting to trade accounts and in fact gave him the user and password of some ally shammy named Lacus or something rather. Locus also told me he spoke to Bluebell because they tried to scam her account. So tell me, why are you guys still accusing Locus of trying to scam accounts when it was him they were trying to scam?

Anywho, whoever scammed Skywalker was also using his char to yell obscene things. Frankly I just feel bad on one hand for these guys but on the other, you really shouldn't be so... naive.

Maybe you guys are confusing Locus with Lacus? Similarity in name, opposite in dignity.

Elesshar

#25 » Post by Elesshar » 28 Jun 2011 19:30

Well as far as i remember Skywalker said he is LOcus not Lacus.Its possible that Skywalker's account was stolen aswell but he didnt inform us or report it anywhere,therefore its logical we hold him responsible.
And the fact we included Locus in this posts is because Skywalker told us that its his account and even tried to prove,and for account scams accused his brother.People who were online in Requiem at the time he was saying that already said what happened in a couple of posts.

Anyways,Skywalker was kicked out of Requiem today by me,after Kaj got her acc back :).
So to the rest of u be careful who u have in guilds cause we found out the hard way :roll: .

And to the the ppl who are planning to trade account do ask around about person whos asking u to trade,
maybe ull find something unexpected.

Peace out,
Eless

Locus

#26 » Post by Locus » 28 Jun 2011 19:55

To clear the issue a bit: The scammer talked to me acting as if he was a girl that wanted to be my girlfriend (LOL) so we could share the accounts. Talking to "her" I realized that he didnt know the website was down. I asked for his shammy's password in exchange of mine. He did tell me the right password for the shaman, and then he logged on Locus and tried to scam bluebell. Meanwhile, I changed the password of the shaman with the command and then changed the password of the priest.

Most stupid scammer ever.

PS: Thanks you panda <3

EDIT: the scammer is now on Dawd on ally trying to get more players be careful.

Shlavenzo
Honorary Member

#27 » Post by Shlavenzo » 28 Jun 2011 20:30

as narcissa said , there is a guy named Dawd on the alliance side who seems to be running the show .

I remember during that hacker mess , that guy said that his account was deleted and he lost his toons ( locus and lacus ) , while locus was still in our guild .

Today i heard some ppl saying that they got /w from dawd to trade accounts , and later i got that /w , saying that he wants to trade his 5.5k gs DK , 5.6k ele shammy , and 5.5k gs shadow priest , but he logged off b4 i could answer to get more details that could help .

I talked to him just right now and he pretended to be prite's brother , and he is trying to trade his priest , which prite himself denied .

So if anyone could track that Dawd's IP and ban it , it'd be great , i know that trading is player's responsibility , but this guy really deserve some actions to be taken against him .

Prite

#28 » Post by Prite » 28 Jun 2011 21:06

For everyone's Information

I'LL NOT TRADE PRITE. period :)
Prite is Prite... only I play it, I am Prite :)
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Cover25

#29 » Post by Cover25 » 28 Jun 2011 21:58

Prite wrote:For everyone's Information

I'LL NOT TRADE PRITE. period :)
Prite is Prite... only I play it, I am Prite :)
Fine then! I will be Pprite. ;3

Seneschalla

#30 » Post by Seneschalla » 28 Jun 2011 23:05

Peithne....... or Pprite..... I need my freaking nightmare vines. Thank you kindly ;)