Scamming accounts

Necrosis

Scamming accounts

#1 » Post by Necrosis » 27 Jun 2011 23:50

So there was a rumor that Locus is scamming ppl for their accounts. One of my
guildies,Skywalker told us he's got scammed.Tho he said so but we got no prove and
can't do anything about it.

Yesterday,Skywalker logged in,we asked him about it and the one who's playing claimed
that he's Locus and Skywalker is his brother.We didn't believe him,but as i said before,
we've got no prove,so we can just let it be.

But today,he use Skywalkers account,asked a trade with kajika to try her pally,he gave
Kajika wrong account info and changed the password of her account in-game with
command(as i remember there was a command like this in the command list on site,but the site is down,so i can't confirm it)

Anyway,what i wanna say is,Roel should do something about this scammer.I know it's player's
responsibility for trading,but he has scammed more than 2 accounts already,i think it's time
to do something about it and add a new rule.
Last edited by Necrosis on 27 Jun 2011 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

Prite

Re: Scamming accounts

#2 » Post by Prite » 27 Jun 2011 23:56

I believe that we can see their IP's
Kajika is Iraquian.. unless Skywalker is Iraquian too, which I highly doubt it, we can compare IP's
and confirm that Kajika's account was logged in from another place in the World... also doing that with Locus

Also the scaming with Kajika hapened at 23h server (+/-) on the 27th.. I'm hoping u can see the Ip's of the account in that timeframe (22h30-23h30) and see a big diference on the IP locations.
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

kajika

#3 » Post by kajika » 28 Jun 2011 00:05

its me kajika .. skywalker said he gonna give me his account and i really enter on it but just one dissconnected then bith account cant enter .. when i talk to him from my brother account and tell him im kajika he ignore me ..

Solstice

#4 » Post by Solstice » 28 Jun 2011 00:10

Since the website doesnt work, i would assume he cannot change mail ? I guess someone could easly sent some kind of password reset or something to kajika mail so she could get her account back :(

Scammers are really something that could break this community if noone take care of them :(

Elesshar

#5 » Post by Elesshar » 28 Jun 2011 00:27

Ok the night that server got attacked 1st time there was this shaman named Lohle that came on Horde80s and kept spamming for a while that Skywalker stole his account.It would be helpful if some1 knew whos his main char.tnx :)

Kraith
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Kraith » 28 Jun 2011 00:54

First:
Kraith wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE: Buying/selling/trading characters is 100% AT YOUR OWN RISK. We provide NO support if you get ripped off and do not assist in the process.
Second, account security is 100% your own job. We aren't like Blizzard. For one thing they can easily verify the correct account owner, we can't. If you give someone your password, you'll get hacked. Sorry you were stupid and fell for a scam, but if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Don't mean to sound harsh and uncharismatic, but it's our policy. We don't prohibit account trading, but we in no way support it.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Milos

#7 » Post by Milos » 28 Jun 2011 01:02

You really have to be naive to give someone your account info hoping they would do the same. Also, it's funny how people usually turn to staff for help. The only good thing you can do is learn your lesson and warn others of people that are scamming.

Prite

#8 » Post by Prite » 28 Jun 2011 01:04

First :
Kraith wrote: you were stupid and fell for a scam, but if it's too good to be true, it usually is.
That's harsh calling a person that u don't know stupid. She's a happy person and friendly, shame on her for believing a former guildmate...

Second: This isn't an isolated event, Something's fishy with whoever owns Skywalker's account, we've just provided some information ( not much we know, but in less than 30min it's not bad imho) about 3 possible scams concerning that account. We're hoping you could help in preventing further scams
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Necrosis

#9 » Post by Necrosis » 28 Jun 2011 01:12

same person scammed other ppl for more than 3 times,i don't see there's any reason the staff shouldn't do anything about it

i got someone tried to scam me as well,lucky me,my account is precious to me and i figured out those chars he listed are not on the same account,that time i warned everyone in public channel.But the fact is,i can't warn everyone everytime when i don't even know it's happening again cause scam happens via whispers.

Scammers should be banned like hackers,i don't see what's wrong with this

Cover25

#10 » Post by Cover25 » 28 Jun 2011 01:30

Locuss' IP Doesnt match with any of those accounts. So there That rumor is Debunked. Dont accuse other players of Scamming if you dont have any confirmation.

Necrosis

#11 » Post by Necrosis » 28 Jun 2011 01:36

Cover25 wrote:Locuss' IP Doesnt match with any of those accounts. So there That rumor is Debunked. Dont accuse other players of Scamming if you dont have any confirmation.
I'm not acussing him,just telling what i know and there's possibility that he's got scammed as well.And it could be possible that this scammer doesn;t even have an 80,he just name a random 80 char he see on the server,that's what happened when last time someone try to scam me.

And since you did an ip check,what about skywalker's and kajika's?

Cover25

#12 » Post by Cover25 » 28 Jun 2011 01:43

Necrosis wrote:
Cover25 wrote:Locuss' IP Doesnt match with any of those accounts. So there That rumor is Debunked. Dont accuse other players of Scamming if you dont have any confirmation.
And since you did an ip check,what about skywalker's and kajika's?
They are on the same IP........ But that means nothing.

Necrosis

#13 » Post by Necrosis » 28 Jun 2011 01:48

what about earlier,prite did provide a time when scam happens,just don't know if mods can access the log

well yea,ip can prove nothing since he can just say kajika gives him the account.but staff should deal with the scammer for sure,especially it happened so many times

Bluebell
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Bluebell » 28 Jun 2011 01:53

I don't think the thread was aimed at accusing Locus of stealing accounts, but rather Skywalker or at least the person who has Skywalker's account. Locus was mentioned, as far as I'm aware, because Skywalker was saying Locus was his brother despite failing to answer my questions which would support the claim. That and when I asked Locus, he said he was an only child.

I know the deal with your accounts, you're responsibility etc, and I myself would never trade unless I knew the person very well (eg, liberty) but if there's a lot of people saying one specific individual, or IP or whatever is scamming people, would it not be too much bother to look into it? Obviously under the current climate it's not going to be priority #1 but still.

I know Skywalker's account whispered me asking if I wanted to trade my character for his and listed separate accounts, and I believe this has happened to other people being whispered with the same proposal. Yeah yeah we haven't really got proof of it happening, but when someone whispers a paladin and a warlock saying "hey want to trade my dk, shaman, priest and something else for your character?" it implies they're not wanting a specific character but anything they can get.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Ctrlaltdel

#15 » Post by Ctrlaltdel » 28 Jun 2011 05:30

*refer to everything Bluebell said for what i think about this*

on a side note...it's funny as HELL when one of the idiots trying to get my account from me lists MY pally as one that they're trying to trade (happens more often than you think to me xD)