Caught a player fly hacking w/ screenshot proof

illinifan1018

Caught a player fly hacking w/ screenshot proof

#1 » Post by illinifan1018 » 08 Jun 2017 22:53

Hey I was just leveling in western plaguelands and saw the paladin 'Leotheras' flying around on his 60% paladin mount. I was told this was the place to report so here is screenshot proof: http://imgur.com/a/6RufN

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Caught a player fly hacking w/ screenshot proof

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 08 Jun 2017 23:48

This area of Western Plaguelands tends to have a bug where people will "fall into the sky" and it will take about 30 seconds to return to Azeroth. I'm not sure exactly what this looks like outside of the perspective of the individual falling, but this /may/ be an instance of that bug, rather than mal intent. We will keep our eyes on this individual for the future.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Jun 2017 00:02

Quite clear the guy just mounted up mid air to me.

Evildead

#4 » Post by Evildead » 09 Jun 2017 01:56

IronSharona wrote:
08 Jun 2017 23:48
This area of Western Plaguelands tends to have a bug where people will "fall into the sky" and it will take about 30 seconds to return to Azeroth. I'm not sure exactly what this looks like outside of the perspective of the individual falling, but this /may/ be an instance of that bug, rather than mal intent. We will keep our eyes on this individual for the future.
Even in a mount?
https://imgur.com/NhsJUyc.jpg

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~Albert Einstein.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 12 Jun 2017 06:03

was it tbc where ppl would start fp and then look to be swimming , or later?
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 13 Jun 2017 20:50

Hello!

Thank you for the report. I've taken the decision to claim this to be a true scenario of hacking. Based on the screenshot given, the player in question mounted up while being in mid-air and thereafter follows it up by running upwards into the sky. With nothing that contradicts, I have dealt a ban to the player.

This player have from this posts timestamp a 48 hours time window in order to create an appeal for the case. After expired time, we will not lift or withdraw the punishment in any way whatsoever.

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Xtremest

#7 » Post by Xtremest » 30 Jun 2017 12:23

I am so proud of you ero :) finally you became a GM.
Your king of kings.

Best regards
Answer me a question, I need a complete and honest answer: Is it painful to be stupid? Or are you too stupid to feel it? It's a really simple question. -Royo-