Bugging a boss

Azazeal

Bugging a boss

#1 » Post by Azazeal » 14 Apr 2017 23:09

Greetings dear TrueWoW staff,

I've just discovered 2 players killing a boss in Silithus which is hard to kill even with 5 players.
I've done this boss myself yesterday in a group of 5 and we died once in this process to kill him.
Currently they've killed this boss 3+ times with 2 players by bugging him on his spawning stand the names and details will be clear in the proof pictures i've taken as evidence to support this report.
The paladin in this picture was 2 hitted by the boss and therefor highly unable to tank in any circumstance as the shaman just range kills the boss.

http://prntscr.com/ewkbjh
http://prntscr.com/ewkd82

(edited part)

Bug reference:
As you spawn this boss he spawns in the middle of the stand, you can lure him to the corner to stuck the boss and kill him without taking any further damage then perhaps only the first hit or two.
Aslong the agro remains to this specific target the chance of him resetting himself is minimal and you can kill him as much as you have the requirements to spawn him.
A good location to do this is shown in the proof as those two players are using this bug.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Teddybear
Realm:
^_^ Primal WoW Progressive ^_^

Characters:
- Teddybear lv. 60 Druid
- Kaisersfears Lv. 13 Warrior ( in lvling process soon )

Guild:
Debauchery Tea Party

Eronox
MVP

Re: Bugging a boss

#2 » Post by Eronox » 15 Apr 2017 18:03

Hello!

Thank you for the players iniative to let us know about it. The player(s) in question has been given a strict warning through both in-game and forums in form of a message telling about the incident and what further infractions shall lead too. Any further reproducing in cases of exploiting this will not be dealt with lightly! Leaving the thread open for 24 hours in order to open some free-space for both the author and the reported players to have the opportunity of elaboration.

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fleeting

#3 » Post by Fleeting » 16 Apr 2017 05:26

I just wanted to apologize. I was attempting to farm an item to use in raids and when I had first asked in guild about obtaining this item, I heard from multiple people that the boss was 'soloable.' After I eventually learned how it was possible I had assumed that this issue would have already come up and been clarified prior to today. So I am sorry for mistakenly assuming that this was a non-issue. That being said, I won't be returning to Silithus again unless it's time to go into Ahn'Qiraj.

*Edit I just went ahead and deleted 17 nexus crystals, ~20 large brilliant shards, and majority of essences, potions, and gold from both boss kills and auction house sales related to scepter rewards (about 150g). I can't revert the rep gain but I was roughly one AQ 40 away from hitting exalted so that's marginal. Reputation and the gold was honestly not the reason I was there killing the mobs. I have more efficient methods. ;)

Gadoschi
Donor

#4 » Post by Gadoschi » 16 Apr 2017 14:19

Eronox wrote:
15 Apr 2017 18:03
The player(s) in question has been given a strict warning through both in-game and forums in form of a message telling about the incident and what further infractions shall lead too.
So, basically, nothing has happened to those players?

Good to know.

Or was it about who those particular players were?
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Flooded
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Flooded » 16 Apr 2017 14:55

There is a bug with those specific mobs which results in them spawning underneath an object. Abusing bugs for gain is against the rules, but its this player's first offense. The player came forward and removed the items he gained from the abuse as well.

Typically, we don't ban on the first offense unless its extremely greivous such as botting, hacking, or gold selling.

Gehere

#6 » Post by Gehere » 18 Apr 2017 11:57

Flooded wrote:
16 Apr 2017 14:55
There is a bug with those specific mobs which results in them spawning underneath an object. Abusing bugs for gain is against the rules, but its this player's first offense. The player came forward and removed the items he gained from the abuse as well.

Typically, we don't ban on the first offense unless its extremely greivous such as botting, hacking, or gold selling.
The player comes forward and writes.. "deleted 17 nexus crystals, ~20 large brilliant shards, and majority of essences, potions, and gold from both boss kills and auction house sales related to scepter rewards (about 150g)".

That's clearly exploiting. He knew what he was doing.

He may have removed what he writes above - but what of the other guy? They were two, doing it. And what of the things he has NOT removed, from this exploit?

Smells fishy.

KohiiKaiju

#7 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 18 Apr 2017 12:06

The situation has been dealt with and the player has responded. Locking. Thanks to the OP for the report.