Caustic, juvenile world chat

ciccero

Caustic, juvenile world chat

#1 » Post by ciccero » 21 Mar 2017 06:49

Why are the number of disgusting messages tolerated, by staff, in-game?

Today a guy screamed out " I have poopy on my dick because I fucked a man"...and then asked to join a guild and was invited to one moments later. I am not going to bother with the mentality to recruit such a person, but the fact that a report option seems either ignored or brushed off.

I do understand the context of immature chat, but this is not the 1st time someone has made some childish remark related to their sex, sexual parts, Hitler, black people, Hispanic people, etc,etc

is the desire to keep 1 new sub worth that much ? I saw Irondana posting in chat not 1 minute before that idiot made that remark.

I know, the canned remarks of "leave world" will come into play, but I feel I should be able to engage in normal conversation, without someone screaming suck my cuck, to circumvent the filter, or someone making jokes about jews being raped at Auschwitz were asking for it or any number of dumbassery based remarks meant to offend, with intent.

if this is seen as acceptable by the server, say so.

loveable

Re: Caustic, juvenile world chat

#2 » Post by loveable » 21 Mar 2017 07:44

please edit those words to "d..k" or something , or our country will block tw site again
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 21 Mar 2017 09:52

Hello.

No, we do not approve or wish to see any explict, vulgar, foul language in our public channels. While an amount of immature behavior and trolling with words are expected, it should not get out of control.

Staff has multiplie channels to moderate along with other things to do, hence this negative experience of yours can occur. We do recommend you to use the report feature and later on ignore, as we will look into it in due time. For this case specifically, I shall browse through the logs of PrimalWoW World and see if an action is to be taken. Nevertheless, we do sincerely apologize for your negative effected gaming experience!

Update: After checking the logs I noticed that the player in question actually did get punished for his doings by a GM online at that hour., just like the ones with the messages you provided.

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Kniteknite

#4 » Post by Kniteknite » 21 Mar 2017 10:46

Is there a progressive mute time out from chat , as there is a progressive ban time (1,3,5,7 days etc.)?

Might it be a good idea ? What say You? ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 21 Mar 2017 10:48

Kniteknite wrote:
21 Mar 2017 10:46
Is there a progressive mute time out from chat , as there is a progressive ban time (1,3,5,7 days etc.)?

Might it be a good idea ? What say You? ;)
Obsolete. :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Triblatri

#6 » Post by Triblatri » 21 Mar 2017 12:54

" I have - on my dick because I - a man" it is joke and it is funny. This is game mate and if you have problem with jokes just put players on ignore.Be happy there is players that make chats alive, better funny joke then two retarded players fight who is more OP so i feel like player who made this topic is twin brother of Ghoststray.

ciccero

#7 » Post by ciccero » 21 Mar 2017 18:28

Triblatri wrote:
21 Mar 2017 12:54
" I have - on my dick because I - a man" it is joke and it is funny. This is game mate and if you have problem with jokes just put players on ignore.Be happy there is players that make chats alive, better funny joke then two retarded players fight who is more OP so i feel like player who made this topic is twin brother of Ghoststray.
Your logic is deal with it or we have fewer people.

Expand my ignore list.

I do not know who ghostray is, nor do I have a twin brother. There was no argument or fight, just incredulity. I do not want "Alive" chat if it revolves around 1990's level of idiocy because someone's mother bought their little boy a magical "Say anything you want" box. If you feel it is funny then I assume you are also in that age range where idiocy is "cute". I am not and I find that number of people playing also do not wish to see people discussing their penis, rape or oral sex, to the entire world either. It is why, I was told, most use LFG over world and I have seeb people in LFG lash out at others who started "stupid" speak in LFG as well.

Yes, expand my ignore list, allow me to add the 50-60 twits who constantly spam world with attention whore behavior and I will be fine with that.

Wilcox

#8 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Mar 2017 19:00

to expand your ignore list, download the addon called IgnoreMore. i had about 900 people on ignore at some point 2~ years ago. it helps.

you're welcome

additionally;

cfworld is considered a private channel and it is currently not being moderated by staff. you can show your support towards changing it in this suggestion

channels such as trading, world and LFG however- server rules still apply here. but unless someone is trying to bother you by trying to go through your ignore function (such as sending mails, using extra characters) etc, they will most likely not be punished simply because you possess the liberty to ignore them.

as for my personal view on this, well, your best shot is ignoring indeed, get the addon and you should be fine. I also say a lot of random bullshit on cfworld without thinking about if it bothers someone or not, you gotta remember that you're on the internet buddy, no hard feelings

skyx

#9 » Post by skyx » 22 Mar 2017 00:11

This is the internet; man the fk up and grow a thick skin and either ignore them or (my preference) troll them.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 22 Mar 2017 00:18

Locking, doesn't seem like anything positive would generate from this.
And for the authors case; again, these guys got their punishments just 5min after they doings.

Regards.

- J.R Cash