Voldemor and Humanoidx Abusing Textures

Lilpwny

Voldemor and Humanoidx Abusing Textures

#1 » Post by Lilpwny » 20 May 2016 23:11

Not sure if this is normal, but I have provided screenshots of textures being abused. While I was unable to see them at first, they were able to see other players, which is notably problematic when engaging in PvP combat.

I was able to see them after moving around that particular staircase area quite a bit, but it was a bit tricky. As for the evidence,

For Voldemor:
http://imgur.com/T4YNaeq

For Humanoidx
Here is a before (just to show that he 'disappears'):
http://imgur.com/LAXyaM8

And the result:
http://imgur.com/j4V7oDD

Longi

Re: Voldemor and Humanoidx Abusing Textures

#2 » Post by Longi » 20 May 2016 23:17

this was cool :D those guys killed me twice using this " funny " thing :D It happened like 2 days ago,
you cannot attack them, but they can hit you :D thats funny part

milanlord

#3 » Post by milanlord » 20 May 2016 23:21

Yep, that's bug abuse. I believe ban for several days is incoming for those two :)
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Longi

#4 » Post by Longi » 20 May 2016 23:24

yeah, clear abusing.... Hmm Milan, you were there too when they killed me, when it was ? :D I dont remember :D

andric.nenad

#5 » Post by andric.nenad » 20 May 2016 23:54

it's not my fault server problem there are many problems that the server is not solved :S

Dangerouswoolf

#6 » Post by Dangerouswoolf » 21 May 2016 00:05

Insted of ban better try to fix bugg, it is not only bugg in sw there are more bugs not only in sw in whole game.
How about bugs in bgs, arenas the other cities, buggs in dungeons???

Nemanjailic

#7 » Post by Nemanjailic » 21 May 2016 00:12

Hello guys
first of all its not ANY Abuse, may ur sreen bugged or smth as that?
2nd HOW IT CAN BE ABUSE WHEN U TARGETED THEM? :)
lf you didnt noticed only Alliance commented this post (your friends)...camon guys be really...and lf it is a bug, server need to fix it and ppl wont use it.(but i really think it not any abuse).

benzviliran

#8 » Post by benzviliran » 21 May 2016 00:15

First of all this "bug" is just a camera problem, its unfixable.

this "bug" was also happening in Blizzard.

anyway it doesnt really help the one that is doing it doesnt really give him much advance, specially not for a warrior.

it does not make him unattackable or untargetable its just hard to detect him if u dont expect him in there.

it might be considered abuse but really from the lowest kind and the effort he gets from it is almost down to zero.

if u know his name /target humanoidx etc and attacking him should do the job, also u can also use spells such as thunderstorm and typhoon and it will dmg+get him out of there.

however even that his effort is so small from that it might still be considered as an abuse as player should not be invisible to the camera by using some textures bug and by that a player should recieve a warning as even the smallest bug abuse should not be dealt with no action.

i would advice to close this topic with a warning to the players and to others who might consider abusing it.

Edit:
Hello guys
lf you didnt noticed only Alliance commented this post (your friends)...camon guys be really...and lf it is a bug, server need to fix it and ppl wont use it.(but i really think it not any abuse).
I think that this attitude is the one that gets people and should get people banned.

if you notice a bug and knows its a bug you should not use it to profit from it, if using a bug for your own advantage while knowing its a bug and you use it anyway it is called bug abuse.

you cannot expect server to fix bugs while you are not reporting it and even if you do report you should never abuse it.

if by any chance you are one of the players that were reported i take my words from what i said above and would recommend to ban you for atleast 3 days in case that your ban history is clean for that you obviously admited you did abuse on purpose.
I am the swarm

Longi

#9 » Post by Longi » 21 May 2016 00:25

benzviliran wrote: it does not make him unattackable or untargetable its just hard to detect him if u dont expect him in there.
well hard to say :D if you see him after targetting next to you, but in real he is 20y away from you, there is no way to attack them :D It can be camera problem or so... rly I dont know and I dont care that much about it

it unfair from my point of view :D you can pop all cds to burst them down, but you cant do single point of dmg :D

Lilpwny

#10 » Post by Lilpwny » 21 May 2016 00:32

Realistically, there's no way you would be able to target them unless you actually know their name in advance, the same goes for using AoE attacks. Is one to think "Oh hey, let me use Thunderstorm in the staircase maybe I will get lucky"? Highly unlikely.

Also,
And the answer to your question:
I was able to see them after moving around that particular staircase area quite a bit, but it was a bit tricky.
lf it is a bug, server need to fix it and ppl wont use it.
it's not my fault server problem there are many problems that the server is not solved :S
So you both have just admitted to knowing about it then using it, thank you both for your honesty.

devil5000

#11 » Post by devil5000 » 21 May 2016 04:56

Nemanjailic wrote:Hello guys
Dangerouswoolf wrote:Insted of ban better try to fix bugg, it is not only bugg in sw there are more bugs not only in sw in whole game.
How about bugs in bgs, arenas the other cities, buggs in dungeons???

Well Devs aren't the allpowerful beings which can fix all the bugs nor they can commit all their time to that.

Also if this bug makes people unattackable then it clearly is an abuse and people caught abusing this should get some kind of punishment.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Ancestor

#12 » Post by Ancestor » 21 May 2016 10:56

this spot is normal...u are stupid to post this pic to forums to all know this place...

Justicelight
Donor

#13 » Post by Justicelight » 21 May 2016 11:06

Ancestor wrote:this spot is normal...u are stupid to post this pic to forums to all know this place...

It's okay, everyone needs to learn it the hard way what things they should care about and what not.

A warning maybe, should suffice, since it's a "domestic" abuse due to the fact blizzard had it aswell. Let the people play with minimum rules infringement.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 21 May 2016 11:32

They were aware of the bug and kept abusing it over several days (judging by comments).

The screenshots show that they were both actively trying to invoke the bug, why else would they stand still at this spot?

Shouldn't be too hard to judge this case.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Mortium

#15 » Post by Mortium » 22 May 2016 13:12

I will be investigating this further as I want to try something on PTR myself about this bug. Locking this as enough input has been made to form a judgement, however as stated I want to test something.