Hackers

RipTheTip

Hackers

#1 » Post by RipTheTip » 09 Oct 2015 12:05

Theres a player by the name of Lapland who has been banned twice already for hacking and is continuing to do so, he is speed hacking I have screenshots of him admitting it and people who have also seen him do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJ5Dwf ... e=youtu.be All screenshots in a video for you
Last edited by Kenoki on 09 Oct 2015 12:43, edited 2 times in total.

.lordingmar1
Donor

Re: Hackers

#2 » Post by .lordingmar1 » 09 Oct 2015 12:17

RipTheTip wrote:Theres a player by the name of Lapland who has been banned twice already for hacking and is continuing to do so, he is speed hacking I have screenshots of him admitting it and people who have also seen him do this.
I can't tell if he got banned or if people know that he speedhacks, but if you do have a screenshot of him admitting he uses cheats then you should upload it instead of saying you have it.
Voldemorph <Vanilla Knights>

.aspirine101

#3 » Post by .aspirine101 » 09 Oct 2015 13:02

RipTheTip wrote:Theres a player by the name of Lapland who has been banned twice already for hacking and is continuing to do so, he is speed hacking I have screenshots of him admitting it and people who have also seen him do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJ5Dwf ... e=youtu.be All screenshots in a video for you

Well I was talking with him about this and in the end he said that yes, in the past he was hacking but now he just trolls people for the lulz.
Basically yep it's true what he told you but he no longer does it now.

RipTheTip

#4 » Post by RipTheTip » 09 Oct 2015 13:20

.aspirine101

#5 » Post by .aspirine101 » 09 Oct 2015 13:25

Yeah, thanks, thanks for ruining what we loved. Now how it's going to end? Me and lapland getting banned? Will that make you happy?
I hope it will.
Last few days I went off raidlogging mode and started playing here from morning til night, but whatever, it's RIP now. Thanks.

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 09 Oct 2015 13:26

One ban was automatic on a secondary account which the GM probably didn't notice for the manual ban. But he will be permanently banned the next time we see him hacking, for which we don't really need anyone to report him. Although a ticket may help at the moment you actually see it.

Some chat is not actual proof to get someone banned unless they are breaking chat rules.

.mysstery

#7 » Post by .mysstery » 09 Oct 2015 20:26

I guess we have too many players on the server if people here hunt for hackers. I mean, really? On such a low pop server with rates x1 i can understand some people going for a speed hack. Not all of us have 12h / day to farm and play this game. I do however disagree if i would find a hacker abusing the hack to farm dungeons/raids.

But i wonder how bored can one be to just go hunt for hackers, take SS of everyone`s comversation and come post it on forum. I saw some hackers too, so what? Ban them and be sure you can start searching for new servers, cuz guess what, banning a hacker means at least 1 of his friends will follow him somewhere else.

Just to be clear, i do not support the hackers, but i do blame these so called people/players who have nothing else better to do than to post about people`s chats. I guess some of them want some attention or rewards for their posts.

When someone ninjas something or insults you on public channel or /say or /whisper , i dont see any bans, even though such actions affects other players. WHen it comes to a hacker that uses this program to move faster from place to place, without affecting anyone else you ban them.

I`m telling you this because i did the same mistake on my server. From an ammount of 10 gms, and a total of 1000+ bans for hacking, i used to be top 1 in bans with 500 + bans for this reason. Was also nicknamed by players Chewie the Banhammer. Guess what happened? Server got empty pretty fast, after 1 more year it died. Hope i find some understanding in my words here, Prime, cuz these were all for you, with the hope of you not making the same mistakes i did in the past. I was the same way as you and probably as other gms here. Found them disrespectful towards my work done, that`s why i was chasing them. Later i grew older, saw the results of my action and realised they were just trying to play.

And in the end, i just want to give you another example, everyone on the server breaks rules, that would normally lead to bans. E.G: bug abusing, spamming, insulting etc. If you were to apply the rules in such situations, i guess you would have to close the server.

pvescrub

#8 » Post by pvescrub » 09 Oct 2015 20:43

I don't see any contradiction with a low pop server banning hackers. There is no reason to encourage this type of gameplay. I would personally say such players are not good for the server or the community.

I suppose it's a matter of choosing between a subjectively better but smaller community and a larger community with more rampant MEMEME toxicity.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 09 Oct 2015 20:46

That's why we normally don't perma ban on the first offense. Give them a chance to learn and let them know that it wouldn't be smart to repeat, it works for most people.

fearxenial1990

#10 » Post by fearxenial1990 » 09 Oct 2015 22:42

"I don't see any contradiction with a low pop server banning hackers. There is no reason to encourage this type of gameplay. I would personally say such players are not good for the server or the community.

I suppose it's a matter of choosing between a subjectively better but smaller community and a larger community with more rampant MEMEME toxicity."

I absolutely 100% agree.

.mysstery

#11 » Post by .mysstery » 10 Oct 2015 08:48

that`s a great way to deal with it Prime. However, my point was that a player can report another one for hacking, but i`m sorry to say it, a SS isnt enough proof imo. That`s why we have gms here who can monitor such actions. A player however should report the hacker via tickets so gms can add him to friendlist and watch over. Coming on forum and showing some SS of a player`s discussion only flames others and harms the server.

And for those who understood from my post that i defend hackers, i`m sorry to tell you, i dont. And about the small comunity you talk rather than a toxic one, well, toxic comunity is defined by players` attitude towards other players, specially towards newcomers. Nothing to do with hacking unless it`s being used in dungeons/raids/pvp.
And i totally agree with smaller comunity > toxic big one, however, when you have like 100 players online, you should think twice before accusing without proper proof and taking harsh actions such as perm ban.

Hope i made myself understood to the big boys of the server here. My sugestions come only in the benefit of the server, because i like it and i dont really want to see it dead. Temp bans could be a great way to solve most problems, but also avoid ip bans unless there are let`s say, ppl from other places advertising.

RipTheTip

#12 » Post by RipTheTip » 10 Oct 2015 23:22

No one agrees with you move on gg.

.aspirine101

#13 » Post by .aspirine101 » 10 Oct 2015 23:47

RipTheTip wrote:No one agrees with you move on gg.
Interesting reply. Definitely provokes some thought.

GotzenTeufel

#14 » Post by GotzenTeufel » 11 Oct 2015 00:00

A blizzlike server getting the reputation to do nothing against hackers is a sure way to repulse new players and piss off existing players that grinded genuine.
Not all of us have 12h / day to farm and play this game.
In that case those assholes can play on a server that has higher rates. It's unfair because it gives you an advantage over other players, this is not a singleplayer game.
And about the small comunity you talk rather than a toxic one, well, toxic comunity is defined by players` attitude towards other players, specially towards newcomers. Nothing to do with hacking unless it`s being used in dungeons/raids/pvp.
Using tools to get unfair advantages over other players IS antisocial behavior and as such toxic.

If using hacks outside of dungeons would be tolerated by the admins I only see two Options:

A) Use the tools yourself just so you're not disadvantaged
(edit: which if more people choose to do so would quickly repulse every player looking for a genuine blizzlike experience)
B) Quit the server.

I personally would quit the server.

RipTheTip

#15 » Post by RipTheTip » 11 Oct 2015 00:52

I absolutely agree gotzen. I can't even see how someone can defend a hacker, so pathetic