harassment from Ptolemy

kupoteh

harassment from Ptolemy

#1 » Post by kupoteh » 02 Sep 2015 16:52

Hey guys and girls,

I ran a dungeon today around 4 PM realmtime with a paladin player Ptolemy. I will try to explain my situation and let you guys decide for yourself.

We enter SM, and i tell the group that i need one moment before we start. As i come back, Ptolemy asks the group to try to kick me because I am delaying the group. It was less than five minutes but that is fine because that's RDF culture. We continue and finish the dungeon, and he asks the group if we want to run it again together. I said, "no because you tried to kick me." as im questing after the dungeon, he begins to whisper me about my poor attitude and a lot of really akward and mean things. i'll let you guys look at some screenshots to see.

i don't mind harassment or if people don't like me, that's life, right? but if you take it too far and forget that there are other real people playing this game, then you act inappropriately like Ptolemy did to me. I want this community to grow, and I don't really want to ban him. I just want him to know that it's not fair to treat somebody else like this, no matter what the circumstance is. If he can get a timed ban or at least in in-game message about what he did wrong, then that would be great. i don't usually report things like this, but he went out of his way to bother me.

please let me know what you think.

Hotah

Re: harassment from Ptolemy

#2 » Post by Hotah » 02 Sep 2015 17:00

There is a magic option for situations like this - ignore.

ice4keep

#3 » Post by ice4keep » 02 Sep 2015 17:00

Yeah I normally just ignore people right away. You wont que with them for RDF as well. Easy option imo.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Sep 2015 17:07

Hello,

We are sorry that you had such experience, but party and whispers are channels that we do not moderate. You can read more about it at our General Moderation Policy thread.

Sorry once again!

Regards.

kupoteh

#5 » Post by kupoteh » 02 Sep 2015 17:32

ignore works but it's a small community so i just wanted others to know.

also i can ignore other players but i can't ignore ptolemy. is it an error or does he have special priveleges? i'm not typing his name incorrectly as i can see it in the /who search as well. thanks!

ice4keep

#6 » Post by ice4keep » 02 Sep 2015 17:35

kupoteh wrote:ignore works but it's a small community so i just wanted others to know.

also i can ignore other players but i can't ignore ptolemy. is it an error or does he have special priveleges? i'm not typing his name incorrectly as i can see it in the /who search as well. thanks!
Is your ignore list full?

dkroflcopter

#7 » Post by dkroflcopter » 02 Sep 2015 20:32

this is hillarious

Evilor

#8 » Post by Evilor » 14 Sep 2015 09:28

That last line tho.
Where did that come from, lol. I think he doesn't possess big enough tools for that.
Some people are just scumbags and ignore is your friend.
I’ve seen Chronicles of Narnia, I KNOW what a Blitzkrieg is.

Antidote, Shadow Priest of <Mystic>
Ultranumb, Hunter