Arockalypse trying to abuse rank.

Hertran

Re: Arockalypse trying to abuse rank.

#16 » Post by Hertran » 20 Apr 2011 19:59

Cover25 wrote:
Hertran wrote:
Cover25 wrote:Insulting a mod=Ban. You were saying?
Oh really? you're going there now? since when was it wrong to screw someone about tanking in the wrong spec?

And which part of the rules is that in? Do you even see the irony here? Its a bloody free pass for mods to do whatever they want. You wouldn't have batted an eyelid if i had called a regular player an idiot, would you? So lets do it this way. How about I tank a raid as fury and if people scold me for doing so and call me an idiot I'll come and tell you? You're not even gonna do anything, more to the point you're not even gonna bother, okay. So why is it that you're getting so worked up about a mod doing the exact same thing.

I love how much your QQing because someone failed in tanking. This right here made my day.
A-a-a-a-and dodge the question. I've said what i want to say. But you guys are just gonna ignore my points so I'm not gonna waste time here anymore. Have a good day Cover25.

P.S might wanna update the server rules if calling someone an idiot is suppopsed to result in a ban.

Cover25

#17 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Apr 2011 20:04

I didnt say a Person i said a MODERATOR or a GM.

and im assuming you didnt even look at the link i posted, so how can you say anything?

Hertran

#18 » Post by Hertran » 20 Apr 2011 20:07

Since you claim i didn't read the post here's something from that post. Cheerio.

OKWel said i quote

"@Roel often says that 'something' deserves a ban. However it doesn't mean he would ban. There were less Moderators and GMs before and everything was more or less fine. Now we have more Moderators and mutes are just common. He pointed only that Mods and GMs should be more challenging. If you are about to mute the same player (exact nickname or after checking with .pinfo if this is another character of player that you have muted in the past for the same thing) DON'T mute. Make topic here, post screenshot, add circumstances from previous mute, and we start to put long mutes or short bans instead.

Ask around how did I worked with very few, constantly breaking rules, players. Winged was the first muted for 1 week. Chuppa ended twice on 1 week mute before being banned for a while. They have learned. Instead of continously muting, just report them to us and we will solve the issue harder."

Cover25

#19 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Apr 2011 20:09

I wasnt talking about OKs post i was talking about Roels as he makes the rules.
Roel wrote:He got mute for saying "asshole" to a moderator?
He deserves a ban.
you insulted a moderator. Same thing as asshole.

Hertran

#20 » Post by Hertran » 20 Apr 2011 20:14

Cover25 wrote:I wasnt talking about OKs post i was talking about Roels as he makes the rules.
Roel wrote:He got mute for saying "asshole" to a moderator?
He deserves a ban.
you insulted a moderator. Same thing as asshole.
As i said several times now. you ignore every point except those you wish to see. Whatever i say is just gonna fall on deaf ears. keep up the good work.

Intervention
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Intervention » 21 Apr 2011 03:03

There's no point in this discussion...

Whether Arockalypse was being a 'noob' or a 'pro' it's no need to mouth off at him, you could have just said "Dude use AOE oh my god!" thus not insulting him or swearing but stating you are angry and frustrated. If he was to use his badge then, THEN that would be him trying to step up on you.

Just don't swear in general...

In party/raid/battleground, if i see someone else swear in that i don't mute them or anything but if they yell it 50 times and keep swearing then yeah i will warn them, then mute them if they continue.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Hertran

#22 » Post by Hertran » 21 Apr 2011 06:04

Yes I understand intervention. Swearing was obviously my mistake. But caps-wise you can't really tell me to just say "Dude use AOE oh my god!" because the healer told him a few times and all he did was tell the healer it has a cd and and not use it for any fights. Okay fine DnD has a cooldown, its a 30 second cooldown without the Morbidity talent in unholy but that doesn't mean he can't use it at least once each fight.

I admit swearing was wrong and i apologize for that but the concept is basically the same concept you guys apply to your duties. maybe you warn once and mute or warn twice and mute i don't know. For me, if someone in a group refuses to listen nicely after the same thing is mentioned several times i will kick him BUT the vote kick function in rhc is broken. You can't kick anyone. The only way he is going to get out of the instance is if he leaves himself. Since the vote kick function is broken i do not have any other options left. Do you seriously think he is going to listen to what i say if i say it nicely after the others have said the exact same thing politely several times? I seriously doubt he will.

From what i can tell of this person is he's arrogant, ignorant and refuses to listen to sound advice when imparted nicely. If you ask me these aren't the qualities becoming of a mod. You might tell me you don't see those faults in him but i can almost gurantee you this, sooner or later it will turn up.

Now this is seriously my last post on this topic. From what I've seen, the other mods have worked hard to raise the credibilty and reputation of mods and if what i say really happens (which i'm hoping it won't) it definately will lower the credibilty and reputation of ALL mods because people tend to generalize unless they know that particular person. Its like a basket of apples. if there's one bad apple in the basket you're going to start thinking there are other bad apples in the basket. I just hope you guys are doing the right thing and you don't end up tarnishing the rep and credibility of the other good mods in the server.

OkweL

#23 » Post by OkweL » 21 Apr 2011 10:34

I just have read random posts in this topic quickly.

In general:

- Party chat is to watch by Party leader -> @Arockalypse, just chill, you could just ignore him. We have to watch public channels. Party is some kind of private, shared between a group of players. I ignore all caps or chatters balancing on the line in party, guild or raid chats.
- Roel said about muting, then there was quoted his post about bans, and my reply. Keep in mind that each case is different. More than than I still believe that he is just giving away green light to Mods and GMs for muting and banning.
- also keep in mind ONE thing: just because someone became Mod, doesn't mean that he is protected in any way. I would rather hold Mod tight, than disgrace about his wrong decision and demotion after that. We had already @Universe, great and helfpul at beginning turned into troll.

Like I said often in the past. IF you call someone jerk or idiot, it is your personal opinion, can't be a reason to mute. If you call a Mod or GM - above still works. On the other hand, if you would call ALL or MOST of staffers stupid, then it's against rules as disrespecting Staff and can be punished. If it's against @Roels point of view, then I need his clear post about that and I'll correct myself.

IMHO warning was fine (because it was still swearing), badge not needed. All shnould move forward to next dungeon.

Tuffeyy

#24 » Post by Tuffeyy » 21 Apr 2011 13:10

Hertran this argument is not going anywhere, the fact that your crying cause YOU caps'd swore and insulted a mod and he warned you about it is pretty sad. He should have muted you, you broke three rules at once.

I suspect the reason he didn't was because it wasn't in public/global channels so count yourself lucky.

Plus when you feel someone is doing a bad job at something don't scream and insult them, ask them to change what there doing nicely, perhaps they don't know the difference so shouting isn't very constructive and gets the party no where.

Spidro

#25 » Post by Spidro » 21 Apr 2011 13:34

From my point of viewing you just lost all your rights to whine about it when you used caps and insulted so this pretty much useless lol
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

Arockalypse
Donor

#26 » Post by Arockalypse » 21 Apr 2011 15:12

am a noob, i dnt know how to spec anything, i suck at this game!
still u have no right to insult, calling that person an idiot and whatever!
i dnt see myself swearing to another player like u do !
next time just dnt be in my party !
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Palos

#27 » Post by Palos » 21 Apr 2011 15:36

At Hertran, mate even at any angle you put it, its so wrong for you to caps, drop the F bomb to anyone regardless of any situation. And you even made a forum about it.

Aroc didnt do or say anything to insult you so to that fact you started it. If I were the Mod or GM definitely I will mute you, you deserve it so consider yourself lucky.

There are a lot of people who play their characters and they are not even familiar with it (im one of them). But that doesnt mean that you have the right to insult people because of it.

And BTW lets end this thread. This is not an intellectual thread.

Rassidan

#28 » Post by Rassidan » 22 Apr 2011 04:12

It's evident I abhor all mods (especially ass lickers of the infamous you-know-who) but you swore and used caps, and that's one of the reasons why Mods can mute.

Sorry I can't help you on this one.

Simply, next time you go on rhc or something if you see that guy tanking, just leave the damn dungeon and spoil it ..

if one suck at tanking , just stop playing with him :)

just like I do that with some mod healers who are busy healing themselves in the whole raid

Rassidan

#29 » Post by Rassidan » 22 Apr 2011 04:15

OkweL wrote:I just have read random posts in this topic quickly.

In general:

- Party chat is to watch by Party leader -> @Arockalypse, just chill, you could just ignore him. We have to watch public channels. Party is some kind of private, shared between a group of players. I ignore all caps or chatters balancing on the line in party, guild or raid chats.
- Roel said about muting, then there was quoted his post about bans, and my reply. Keep in mind that each case is different. More than than I still believe that he is just giving away green light to Mods and GMs for muting and banning.
- also keep in mind ONE thing: just because someone became Mod, doesn't mean that he is protected in any way. I would rather hold Mod tight, than disgrace about his wrong decision and demotion after that. We had already @Universe, great and helfpul at beginning turned into troll.

Like I said often in the past. IF you call someone jerk or idiot, it is your personal opinion, can't be a reason to mute. If you call a Mod or GM - above still works. On the other hand, if you would call ALL or MOST of staffers stupid, then it's against rules as disrespecting Staff and can be punished. If it's against @Roels point of view, then I need his clear post about that and I'll correct myself.

IMHO warning was fine (because it was still swearing), badge not needed. All shnould move forward to next dungeon.
5 Star Answer. This is what mods and gms should do and I have no problem about it.

anyways Debi i am truly sad that our thread "Server's antidemocratic features" suddenly got deleted. lol