Eryx abusing PVP flag bug

banthem

Eryx abusing PVP flag bug

#1 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 08:03

Nyeriah

Re: Eryx abusing PVP flag bug

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Dec 2015 09:00

Please leave off-topic to the off-topic sections.

Either way, this thread could use some more details.

banthem

#3 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 09:07

I was attacked the other day in the auction house by a pally when I was on my level 28 shamy Grendel, pvp flags are bugged, this is a fact. He knows this and so does everyone else on the server. He even went as far as to /w to me some contrived reason about how buffs make a player able to be attacked or some such crap. He's got a long history of abusing bugs, this is just another step. Nothing will be done about this or anything else he does. I just wanted it on record.

gecko32

#4 » Post by gecko32 » 06 Dec 2015 09:13

Based on your portrait you and your party are flagged for PVP.
Which bug are you talking about, PVP flagging was changed somewhat recently. Do you find you are not unflagging after 5min?

banthem

#5 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 09:26

First off, I never flagged for pvp on Grendel, I still got ganked in the AH, Secondly I didn't flag for pvp in front of ogrimar. One other thing, the first time Eryx killed me today on brainlicker in the AH I most certainlly wasn't flagged for pvp. I don't recall the pally that killed me on Grendel.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Dec 2015 10:09

In the screenshot you have your PvP flag on still. It wasn't disabled so it's why they can attack you. You shouldn't have the horde / alliance sign near your name when the PVP flag is off.
gecko32 wrote:Which bug are you talking about, PVP flagging was changed somewhat recently. Do you find you are not unflagging after 5min?
Also answering this might give the developers a hint if this is actually working or not since it wasn't working before.

banthem

#7 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 10:18

Ok, let me explain this one final time. Grendel ( my shammy) was ganked INSIDE the auction house in ogrimar the other day, I have NEVER used him for pvp, Brainlicker was sucker punched in the same auction house earlier today by Eryxx, I haven't pvped on licker in ages, no reason for him to be flagged, then I went outside sometime later to duel, Grimhoof, Eryx ganked us both. When Grendel got ganked, he wasn't flagged for pvp. It's simple, pvp is enabled when sometimes it shouldn't be. I don't have the slightest idea how to put it any more clearly............

blagovest_tonev

#8 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 06 Dec 2015 10:18

On one of my lowbies I have never turned the pvp on and yet an enemy rogue could kill me a few times, I also have the portrait looking like the pvp is turned on.

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Dec 2015 10:25

that's probably because you interacted with people/npc's that have their pvp flags on, i.e healing a guard for fun, resurrecting a dead player, buffing each other for the lols etc

banthem

#10 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 10:34

I did not heal anyone using my shammy, I ported to ogrimar then went straight to the bank then ah, this has nothing to do with healing npcs or players. I didn't even make it to the auctioneer and the bankers where at full health when I was near them.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Dec 2015 10:34

Well this is what I'm trying to say. Just cause someone has that "disable" option checked doesn't mean the PVP flag is off. Gecko mentioned a change in PvP flags that was attempted so if the flags don't go off then it means that it is still bugged and players are still marked for PvP and in that case we can't tell people to not attack someone. I know the only way I had my PvP off in capitals and no other area that is usually contested was coming from a sanctuary and like Wilcox said not healing someone not buffing and so on to turn on PvP mode.

In any case if the PvP flags don't go off then a bug report should be made via bugtracker.

Ancestor

#12 » Post by Ancestor » 06 Dec 2015 10:38

1-2 days ago my priest was also killed in sw bank afking by some horde druid and my pvp was off, there wasnt also no group or any pvp activity before my priest got killed. Somehow still horde druid got me killed.

Pivopija

#13 » Post by Pivopija » 06 Dec 2015 11:43

I can confirm this..was attacked few time also while afk...idk is that have anything with bg ended...both times was in bg before i got attacked(with pvp flag off ofc )

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 06 Dec 2015 11:52

Confirming, l didnt had molten armor activacted nor l did have done any activity at all other then right clicking auctioner.

banthem

#15 » Post by banthem » 06 Dec 2015 19:10

I would call this confirmed, and since everyone knows about the bug, what's going to be done about people knowing it's bugged and using it to sucker punch others?