Eryx abusing PVP flag bug

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Eryx abusing PVP flag bug

#16 » Post by Doctor_J » 06 Dec 2015 20:15

actually there is still one slight bug with this and that is if you use heartstone from a territory which belongs to your faction then you should not be flagged for pvp if it was off when you heartstoned for everything else its working correctly ie if you for example use heartstone in a contested or enemy territory then you will still be flagged for pvp after using heartstone, but if pvp flag is not on you should not get flagged if both your inn and place you teleported from a territory held by your faction

you should not get flagged for pvp if you were already in one of your actions territory;s and pvp flag was off.

Naljs

#17 » Post by Naljs » 10 Dec 2015 22:59

I just want to add that there are a few colors to be noted when you are PvP flagged or not.
When you are unflagged your name is Blue and your enemy faction player's name will be Yellow. This indicates you as unattackable, and the enemy is a potential threat, if you attack them, just as in PvE. (Party members have a lighter blue, people on Friend list have a teal color).
However when you flag your name turns Green and your enemy's name turn Red, this is to indicate that the enemy player is actually a threat, and you are now attackable! Eryx's name is red, thus him attacking you looks very legit. If you were in fact unflagged his name would still be Yellow (Yes, it was possible to die while unflagged when Consecration was bugged).
Turning PvP flag off and relogging will not unflag you, you have to actually wait 5 minutes online while unflagged before it goes off (you can lay dead on the ground while waiting, if he just killed you).
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

nitroxide

#18 » Post by nitroxide » 16 Dec 2015 08:51

oh pls u dumb hordes ..stop blaming eryx for stupid things....he never abuse...idiots...leave him alone..i am xtreme the king of kings n this is my last warning to u all...no more posting ss of eryx
status - Perma-banned (Incurable recidivism)

xtreme the king of kings

Psychotic

#19 » Post by Psychotic » 16 Dec 2015 09:22

If i had a dollar for every time i saw a Eryx abused (insert a random mechanic/spell/item here)...

Doctor_J
Developer

#20 » Post by Doctor_J » 16 Dec 2015 11:17

I mentioned elsewhere there is actually still a bug with the way the pvp flag mechanism works even though a large part of it was fixed the problem is say for example if you use heartstone in Ratchet to get to Ogrimmar as horde and pvp flag was off when you used heartstone in this case you should not get flagged for pvp when using hearthstone on tw you will currently get flagged if you do.

However if you was to use hearthstone from booty bay to Orgrimmar then after using hearthstone you should remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins after using heartstone as you were previously in contested territory which would have forced pvp on.

Basically if you hs or teleport from a contested/enemy zone to your own territory you remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins (this is correct Blizzlike behaviour).

if you hs or teleport from friendly territory to a zone owned by your faction then you should not be flagged for pvp on truewow you currently get flagged for pvp regardless of wether you was in friendly/contested/enemy territory.

and on retail you get flagged for pvp if you use portal to get from Dalaran to Orgrimmar as even though its a sanctuary its in Crystalsong Forrest which is contested.

If pvp flag was on previously to you using teleport/hs then you should remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins.

benzviliran

#21 » Post by benzviliran » 16 Dec 2015 12:28

Doctor_J wrote:I mentioned elsewhere there is actually still a bug with the way the pvp flag mechanism works even though a large part of it was fixed the problem is say for example if you use heartstone in Ratchet to get to Ogrimmar as horde and pvp flag was off when you used heartstone in this case you should not get flagged for pvp when using hearthstone on tw you will currently get flagged if you do.

However if you was to use hearthstone from booty bay to Orgrimmar then after using hearthstone you should remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins after using heartstone as you were previously in contested territory which would have forced pvp on.

Basically if you hs or teleport from a contested/enemy zone to your own territory you remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins (this is correct Blizzlike behaviour).

if you hs or teleport from friendly territory to a zone owned by your faction then you should not be flagged for pvp on truewow you currently get flagged for pvp regardless of wether you was in friendly/contested/enemy territory.

and on retail you get flagged for pvp if you use portal to get from Dalaran to Orgrimmar as even though its a sanctuary its in Crystalsong Forrest which is contested.

If pvp flag was on previously to you using teleport/hs then you should remain flagged for pvp for 5 mins.

i know if its off topic but since u play on retail, could you check if someone can exit game after entering combat after not being attacked by the target but still being targeted by it , and what happens if u r able to, do u die while still targeted? or will u despawn when time reaches zero if not killed by than?
I am the swarm

Mokum

#22 » Post by Mokum » 16 Dec 2015 12:39

Psychotic wrote:If i had a dollar for every time i saw a Eryx abused (insert a random mechanic/spell/item here)...
and one for evry single time he gets away with it (wich is Always)
Bloodshedder lvl 80 Hunter

benzviliran

#23 » Post by benzviliran » 16 Dec 2015 12:42

Mokum wrote:
Psychotic wrote:If i had a dollar for every time i saw a Eryx abused (insert a random mechanic/spell/item here)...
and one for evry single time he gets away with it (wich is Always)
sometimes it seems the ban depends on how many people complain about it and not for the abuse itself, like if enough people want him banned he gets banned if just a few he gets nothing no matter if abused or not.
I am the swarm

Doctor_J
Developer

#24 » Post by Doctor_J » 16 Dec 2015 12:48

benzviliran wrote:i know if its off topic but since u play on retail, could you check if someone can exit game after entering combat after not being attacked by the target but still being targeted by it , and what happens if u r able to, do u die while still targeted? or will u despawn when time reaches zero if not killed by than?
If you use alt+f4 or choose to exit game and choose option to exit immedietly instead of waiting 20 seconds to log out your character remains in world for 20 seconds anyway if another player manages to kill you in that 20 seconds then when re-entering game you will be dead otherwise will still be alive,

benzviliran

#25 » Post by benzviliran » 16 Dec 2015 12:59

Doctor_J wrote:
benzviliran wrote:i know if its off topic but since u play on retail, could you check if someone can exit game after entering combat after not being attacked by the target but still being targeted by it , and what happens if u r able to, do u die while still targeted? or will u despawn when time reaches zero if not killed by than?
If you use alt+f4 or choose to exit game and choose option to exit immedietly instead of waiting 20 seconds to log out your character remains in world for 20 seconds anyway if another player manages to kill you in that 20 seconds then when re-entering game you will be dead otherwise will still be alive,
ok finally got an answer thanks.
I am the swarm

Doctor_J
Developer

#26 » Post by Doctor_J » 16 Dec 2015 13:23

Ive been thinking about this and have an idea about how this maybe abused, on tw it is possible to have two sessions logged in on same account at same time ie one character logged into live realm and one char logged into ptr or on character select screen on ptr.

If you then change realm on one character then the other session which was already on that realm gets disconnected and then then can immedietly re-enter game on realm you switched to.

gimmilan

#27 » Post by gimmilan » 16 Dec 2015 13:45

If you got two wow clients open you can achieve the same I think. On your first client you are playing and your second client just got the username and password already typed.

Then you will exit now with your first client and immediately log in your account again in the second client. Then just select another character and your previous character will disappear.

Atleast this is what I am thinking. Doing the same with pve and switching to another char for a battleground or something.
Character list:
Gimmilan feral druid: 73
Flurry enhancement shaman: 79
Virtualized affliction/destruction warlock: 79
Delicieus blood/blood Dk: 77
And a bunch of alts.

Doctor_J
Developer

#28 » Post by Doctor_J » 16 Dec 2015 13:48

ye logging in on second client would also cause disconnect of original session but a few seconds extra for authentication, handshaking, etc.

gimmilan

#29 » Post by gimmilan » 16 Dec 2015 13:56

Depends how fast everything goes. But mostly I am logged in within 5 secs on another character if I got a second client open.
Character list:
Gimmilan feral druid: 73
Flurry enhancement shaman: 79
Virtualized affliction/destruction warlock: 79
Delicieus blood/blood Dk: 77
And a bunch of alts.

banthem

#30 » Post by banthem » 17 Dec 2015 03:35

Doctor_J wrote:ye logging in on second client would also cause disconnect of original session but a few seconds extra for authentication, handshaking, etc.
Unless someone is going to pull the logs and see if he did this or not, I'm not sure if there's anything else on this topic that needs to be said. Anything else discussed about it would give warning to potential abusers to cease using this tactic in order to avoid being banned or w/e , if it was even used.