Branhos abuse blink

benzviliran

Branhos abuse blink

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 29 Sep 2015 08:49

I've showed that to some gms few mounths ago and nothing happend and no answer yet+branhos keeps doing that from time to time so i have decided to pump it so this issue could be solved and ill explain why:

1)Branhos grabs flag lures those who come to defend to the ramp goes to a specific spot where u blink and end up in tunnel or he is doing the same from tunnel to ramp.

why its a problem? because you shouldnt blink through walls or textures and doing that while carrying a flag in order to have an advance over your opponent which makes any defender or even defenders useless to chase him as he can blink and lose them all .

2)he also abuse others things and people posted reports on him such as abusing in sota etc and yet he wasnt punished yet and didnt either stopped abusing from time to time.

so heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYypMrXdtc

so a short explanation :

1)this video was not meant to catch or report branhos therefor it is longer than it should and some stuff are irrelevant as i was trying to report spongebob and somehow i caught branhos abusing.

2)sorry about the music i forgot im recording it too.

3)IMPORTANT: 2:00 branhos take flag, i open map asap and can see him runs to the right exit (the one to ramp), as i follow him with map etc and start to run to the ramp too u can clearly see he runs to ramp.

4)as i target branhos u can see on his debuffs the effect of a talent in the arcane tree that increases dmg for a short duration after getting hit while mana shield is up, also you can see the effect of frost shock slow and other enh shamans effects etc.

5)i arrive at 2:20 he is just behind the wall but u can see that he use blink as theres the animation of blink +he gets the buff after using blink. u can see that around 2:25 i arrive and he isnt there and all the hordes are like "wtf where is he" enh shaman popped his windfury etc as u can see a tornado animation which can proc only by attacking and only branhos can be seen on mini map etc

6)after branhos blinked he ended in tunnel out of danger and leaving horde wondering where did he go with their flag.

also i wanted to add that i saw a few times that he actually did that 4 times in a row in the same attempt with same flag from tunnel to the ramp CCing trying to get rid of hordes at ramp back to tunnel saw hordes coming to tunnel went back inside to the horde base and again blinked ramp untill he lost every horde player and untill his group finally came
I am the swarm

Matsy

Re: Branhos abuse blink

#2 » Post by Matsy » 30 Sep 2015 17:07

Ally get free-passes when they abuse stuff, no point in threads like this anymore tbh.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Naljs

#3 » Post by Naljs » 30 Sep 2015 20:29

Matsy wrote:Ally get free-passes when they abuse stuff, no point in threads like this anymore tbh.
You always sound so whiney. Is that your intention? This is an honest question, because yeah I'm curious.

The video doesn't actually show anything. Yes it shows Branhos having Thazz as target, having shaman debuffs on him, and Thazz having Branhos as target, but it still doesn't validate that the debuffs on Branhos are actually Thazz's debuffs.
Yes, it's very easy to make out of this that Branhos actually was there, fighting them, but the hard proof doesn't actually show it.

So to be fair, all mages trying to escape will use Blink. You can clearly see in the video that Branhos is rooted, and decides to use Blink. This doesn't show the intentions of exploiting a bug, even if he very much intended to do so. I'd say either catch him on video repeatedly exploiting this bug (always Blinking on that spot/waiting for hordes to come before he Blinks etc) or put the blame on Blink itself for letting you fall through textures.

This is very much like the Rogue's abusing Shadowstep on the SW bankers, all Hordes claim it's a one-time thing while Alliance players says it's a repeated offense. The difference is Alliance can always back it up with Screenshots or videos as proof.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Dropdead

#4 » Post by Dropdead » 30 Sep 2015 20:56

Ive seen him blink like that too , but since im not recording how to prove it ? Plus he was already warned about this so he didnt do it just once or by mistake .

Matsy

#5 » Post by Matsy » 30 Sep 2015 21:49

Naljs wrote:
Matsy wrote:Ally get free-passes when they abuse stuff, no point in threads like this anymore tbh.
You always sound so whiney. Is that your intention? This is an honest question, because yeah I'm curious.
I've been around long enough to know there is a clear bias in the staff towards alliance in terms of abuse punishments.
So no its not being whiney, its just stating a fact I've seen over the years.

And yes I agree the video doesn't show 100% that branhos is abusing the said bug, but we all know he does it. So do the staff, yet they do nothing about it.
Last edited by Matsy on 30 Sep 2015 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
Matsy pls

Naljs

#6 » Post by Naljs » 30 Sep 2015 21:51

Dropdead wrote:Ive seen him blink like that too , but since im not recording how to prove it ? Plus he was already warned about this so he didnt do it just once or by mistake .
Yes I've seen him do it too. I've seen a couple of Horde mages do it as well, as well as other Alliance mages. I haven't got any proof of it either, which is why I've never reported it. It's not the easiest thing to prove, however, as Blink is an escape tool and anyone can just point towards that, especially when rooted like in the video. I noticed it on my mage by mistake when trying to catch up with a flagger, and out of how annoyed I was I always avoid Blinking in that area.
I still only see 3 alternatives to fight this exploit.
1) GM monitor suspcted exploiters
2) catch repeated and obviously intended exploits on video
3) find a fix for Blink
At the moment I only see 2) as the most viable option.
Matsy wrote:
Naljs wrote:
I've been around long enough to know there is a clear bias in the staff towards alliance in terms of abuse punishments.
So no its not being whiney.
Okay, I see. Thanks for the answer.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Wilcox

#7 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Sep 2015 21:57

im not in that video but I can confirm similar acts from Branhos, on several other occasions, however again I have no proof.

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 30 Sep 2015 22:15

Fact is Branhos use that "trick" ever since he came on this server. Trust me, l learned it from him.
And with great satisfaction use same thing against him every single time l can in order to stop him getting away with flag. l mostly try to attack him instantly, but sometimes l keep him polymorphed until my comrades reach him for gang bang because of it.

Matsy

#9 » Post by Matsy » 01 Oct 2015 00:22

I wouldn't admit that on forum Fastor, you're horde, inc banhammer.
Matsy pls

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Oct 2015 00:38

I would rather fix the texture there as every flag carrier walking there can't be charged by a warrior (and some other classes) as you fall through the texture. Any flag carrier taking that path would be considered a bug abuser as the reason might be because they know the player chasing them might fall through the texture with a gap closer.

One scenario of this happening isn't enough to prove anything as it could have just have been accident or lack of knowledge of the bug. If he was reported for this before, dig up the thread and present it as evidence.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Crymaker
Donor

#11 » Post by Crymaker » 01 Oct 2015 00:47

*accident or lack of knowledge* sure. :cross:
JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Oct 2015 01:07

Crymaker wrote:*accident or lack of knowledge* sure. :cross:
Thank you for your inrellevant comment. You don't provide anything to backup the statement making it as useless as any off topic.

Like I just mentioned, it's just one scanario that is 'documented' (not that I understood much from the video linked). If he was reported previously, there has to be a thread somewhere on the forum, which would be nice evidence to many of the blind claims this thread has.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Kniteknite

#13 » Post by Kniteknite » 01 Oct 2015 01:37

It might be a good idea to help guard him with flag to get video by being right next to him, there are a lot of routes to take , depending on where enemy players are or going, disengaging off cliff, or running on the outside part of the fence above the tunnel on either side , some attacks made against players will bug out the texture , fears etc, (I saw the Blink) but It's hard for Me to know without a doubt that it was intentional in that respect, but encourage attempting to capture a repeat of this ~

Off topic ~ the 19 second mark of the video made me crack up as You looked back at Spongebabe floating on Mammoth. I bet You were like 00
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Crymaker
Donor

#14 » Post by Crymaker » 01 Oct 2015 02:03

Gnurg wrote:
Crymaker wrote:*accident or lack of knowledge* sure. :cross:
Thank you for your inrellevant comment. You don't provide anything to backup the statement making it as useless as any off topic.

Like I just mentioned, it's just one scanario that is 'documented' (not that I understood much from the video linked). If he was reported previously, there has to be a thread somewhere on the forum, which would be nice evidence to many of the blind claims this thread has.
Yea,and you HIS FRIEND, < in this case,made very much sense by w/e u said above. Was very helpfull do it again?
I want to play w/o freaking abusers and shit like this. I personaly saw him X - times doing this,aaand,blinking in wsg to the hill where u cant reach him normaly.
I dont want to chase him and SS / Video shit like this instead enjoying the game. That's why ppl like balanced are for :>
And Gm's. So pls....cut da slack.
JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Myaoming
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Myaoming » 01 Oct 2015 02:42

Did this happen after or before the Blink fix?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE