Antisemitizm on world chat

Matsy

Re: Antisemitizm on world chat

#16 » Post by Matsy » 17 Mar 2015 23:47

You still have that picture..........
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Arockalypse
Donor

#17 » Post by Arockalypse » 18 Mar 2015 00:03

Matsy wrote:You still have that picture..........
Matsy plz, can i haz g0ld ?? :cry: :cry:
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Vuudar

#18 » Post by Vuudar » 18 Mar 2015 00:08

I dont know anyone of you... but seriously... do you think its funny to talk like this? No matter how you twist and turn it....there is NO reason to make such statments.

I just dont get it why people have to write like this at all. All it shows, is how ignorant, selfish and stupid you are.

Well and all of you defending this and saying... use Ignore. Wth is wrong with you? I saw the same in the Mudinpala thread, Sikura thread and some other.
Only because its the Internet, doesnt mean you can say what ever you want. The problem is, if you dont draw a line somewhere, it will get worse and worse the way people behave. I think its already bad enough...

Arockalypse
Donor

#19 » Post by Arockalypse » 18 Mar 2015 00:12

Because it's the internet, you will always be able to say whatever you want.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

belendor

#20 » Post by belendor » 18 Mar 2015 00:14

What if i told you i'm as much offended by people trying to put rules on the internet like that guy is about me posting that thing?
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Etro
Honorary Member

#21 » Post by Etro » 18 Mar 2015 00:58

Vuudar wrote:I dont know anyone of you... but seriously... do you think its funny to talk like this? No matter how you twist and turn it....there is NO reason to make such statments.

I just dont get it why people have to write like this at all. All it shows, is how ignorant, selfish and stupid you are.

Well and all of you defending this and saying... use Ignore. Wth is wrong with you? I saw the same in the Mudinpala thread, Sikura thread and some other.
Only because its the Internet, doesnt mean you can say what ever you want. The problem is, if you dont draw a line somewhere, it will get worse and worse the way people behave. I think its already bad enough...
What is wrong with you? Are you a child? Does your personal integrity get shattered just because someone said something and you didn't like it? No? Is it just your feelings then? Yes? Then why on earth should that be anyone else's problem if not only yours?

I, you, anyone can say w/e they want wherever they want, not just in the internet. The problem is that you can't draw a line for yourself here. You can't deal with how much a few words hurt you and you have to demand for someone else to do it for you. That line is ignoring and it works just perfect for people that can control their emotions well enough. If you can't do that, then it still isn't anyone else's problem, so keep being mad.

The amount of "my feelings come before your rights" people is ridiculous.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Psychotic

#22 » Post by Psychotic » 18 Mar 2015 01:07

Just remember guys, don't cut anyone with that edge!

aceman611

#23 » Post by aceman611 » 18 Mar 2015 04:49

As a fellow Jew, I tend to agree with Dallas's comments. However, I am also a strong proponent of the American First Amendment for the protection of free speech. So while I detest Belendor's comments and any similar ones made against any nation, race, religion, or sex, if push comes to shove, I would defend his right to make those comments.

That being said, I think there's a certain line that should be drawn when it comes to this sort of behavior, as it hurts the server as a whole, and if I were a GM, I would strongly enforce it (you can be happy that I'm not). This server represents a world community, and while that community has the right to speak freely, it does not have the right to incite violence or support the use of violence against any subgroup.

Now I know, you can make arguments for both sides on this issue, but people like Belendor make this game less enjoyable - despite their prowess at playing. I know several people who have left guilds and the server over behavior like this. You could say, they need thicker skin, because how are they going to deal with shit in real life? But we should aspire, particularly GMs, to have this community be a "hate-free" zone that all can enjoy equally. Unfortunately, making rules to this effect would be nigh on impossible, because it's such a slippery slope between calling someone's behavior gay, and calling them a faggot, or calling someone a Jew for worrying about money, to saying he wished his grandfather had been gassed.

If it were up to me, I would make some sort of warning system (3 strikes you're out) for cases like this, but it's not my decision and, frankly, I'm happy it isn't. So my recommendation to Dallas is the same as everyone else's - ignore the ignorant neo-Nazi known as Belendor, and keep on truckin. Realize that you're not the only minority on this server who has faced this sort of behavior, and take heart at the fact that we don't find it funny or support it either.
Smeldor - Ret/Holy Paladin - The Original Dorf
Ivanka - DW Frost DPS/Blood Tank - Suffers from Dorf envy.
Dumboldorf - Dorf fire mage (Yes they exist!)
Smellycat - What are they feeding you? Currently lots of smelly scourge minions.

xPhilippo

#24 » Post by xPhilippo » 18 Mar 2015 06:02

dallas wrote:If you consider that calling someone Jew is offensive, then you are not any better then above racist posters.
I don't want to be offensive... please take this comment seriously.

Word 'jew' is from Judaism, Judaism is a religion.
I can't see race related here. There is no racism here.
Vuudar wrote:I dont know anyone of you... but seriously... do you think its funny to talk like this? No matter how you twist and turn it....there is NO reason to make such statments.

I'm from one of the countries which got the major and barbaric holocaust in History. Some religious europeans came to America(Continent) and colonized it, killing soooo much indigenous human beings(at my country Colombia, still exists massacre). Indigenous belong to a race. Like afroamericans who got offended and abused sooo many times in History...

Nowadays you called 'nigger', 'indian' or 'beaner' to someone else and no one cares. I don't know why this society and culture is soooo biased.

If I report every single offence towards me, just because I'm from Colombia, this server will get very boring.
Every one is a human being, if You believe someone must take more attention, there is no reason to any communication.

With respect, please, grow up.
aceman611 wrote:As a fellow Jew, I tend to agree with Dallas's comments. However, I am also a strong proponent of the American First Amendment for the protection of free speech. So while I detest Belendor's comments and any similar ones made against any nation, race, religion, or sex, if push comes to shove, I would defend his right to make those comments.

If it were up to me, I would make some sort of warning system (3 strikes you're out) for cases like this, but it's not my decision and, frankly, I'm happy it isn't. So my recommendation to Dallas is the same as everyone else's - ignore the ignorant neo-Nazi known as Belendor, and keep on truckin. Realize that you're not the only minority on this server who has faced this sort of behavior, and take heart at the fact that we don't find it funny or support it either.
Even if You were majority, the solution will be the same. I can't understand another solution.
Just ignore annoying people. Done.
Toons: Skullbreaker - Philippo - Hertzhell
Si habla español, le recomiendo leer esto sobre la vida: Elogio a la dificultad
If You talk English, learn Spanish and read it. (I couldn't find its translation.)
Also watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo
is it fine to share this? https://ae911truth.org

Wilcox

#25 » Post by Wilcox » 18 Mar 2015 06:48

lol you people are acting like a bunch of premature faggots

cry a river build a bridge and get over it

Folkk

#26 » Post by Folkk » 18 Mar 2015 08:13

This is more about personal vendetta than actually beeing offended by these things. 80% of these kind of topics are like that.

On a side note: It's interesting how after all these years topics like this spawn such heated arguments. If this were to happen 3-4 years ago, a swift mute would be applied and everyone would move on. Long held grudges seem to be responsable for allot of arguments lately.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Vuudar

#27 » Post by Vuudar » 18 Mar 2015 08:55

Etro wrote:
What is wrong with you? Are you a child? Does your personal integrity get shattered just because someone said something and you didn't like it? No? Is it just your feelings then? Yes? Then why on earth should that be anyone else's problem if not only yours?

I, you, anyone can say w/e they want wherever they want, not just in the internet. The problem is that you can't draw a line for yourself here. You can't deal with how much a few words hurt you and you have to demand for someone else to do it for you. That line is ignoring and it works just perfect for people that can control their emotions well enough. If you can't do that, then it still isn't anyone else's problem, so keep being mad.

The amount of "my feelings come before your rights" people is ridiculous.
Hmm there we go again.. my feelings are hurt, so what i said is wrong.

Sorry to dissapoint but my feelings are not hurt. I just find it very strange that some people think it is cool or funny or what ever, talking about holocaust like it was something normal.

Lets try it again... explain to me why you think its ok to downplay or joke about holocaust? Oh and dont start again with freedom of expression and all that crap...i am not talking about what you can say or what not...i just wonder why it is ok. Do YOU think its funny?

Beside that... do you really think he would go to a crowded place in his Town and start yelling, Holocaust was great lets do it again? What do you think would happen if he would do it? I am pretty sure he would regret it.
But because it is the Internet,the anonymous nature of it allows him to get away with.

Just check the net a little bit more and you will find out that there are certain rules to freedom of expression

And finally

5. While a certain amount of swearing, verbal assaults, racism or disrespectful comments towards another player or religion are expected, they should not get out of control. GMs will decide on a punishment proper to the volume of the violation.

So yes...asking for a punishment is totally ok.

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2015 09:14

That rule actually clarifies very explicitly the nature of our instance on this. While we are strongly against any forms of assaults regardless of who's being offended and we'll be directly trying to lesser such sensitive discussions on public channels, we also tolerate it to some extents.

Players are usually sent warnings on the channel whenever these casualties occur, in case they keep going on, then they're punished accordingly, safe in some cases where the violation is explicit and then the warnings are void.

Personally, I don't think he means any of what he's saying by heart and it is not really supposed to be taken serious, which is probably why no moderator said anything about it the moment it happened.

Etro
Honorary Member

#29 » Post by Etro » 18 Mar 2015 09:47

Vuudar wrote:Hmm there we go again.. my feelings are hurt, so what i said is wrong.
Not quite. You're wrong in asking for someone else to punish someone that said something you didn't like, like if it is someone else's problem.
Vuudar wrote:Sorry to dissapoint but my feelings are not hurt. I just find it very strange that some people think it is cool or funny or what ever, talking about holocaust like it was something normal.
Not dissapointed. I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the people you're defending; the whiners (maybe that makes you a whiner, so take it as personal as you wish). And yes, I do agree it is strange some people find it appropriate to joke with the holocaust and similar things and I dislike it. But that's where it stops. it stops with me disliking it and moving on. You know, dealing with it.
Vuudar wrote:Lets try it again... explain to me why you think its ok to downplay or joke about holocaust? Oh and dont start again with freedom of expression and all that crap...i am not talking about what you can say or what not...i just wonder why it is ok. Do YOU think its funny?
I don't recall ever saying I thought "its ok to downplay or joke about holocaust" and I don't. That's not the point of this. You can dislike what ever someone says as much as you like. You're in your own right to like or dislike something. My problem with this comes when you use your dislike as an argument to ask for that person to be punished. Not only that; you ask for that person to be punished by someone else. It's just plain ridiculous and literally what children do. Adults deal with it on their own.
Vuudar wrote:Beside that... do you really think he would go to a crowded place in his Town and start yelling, Holocaust was great lets do it again? What do you think would happen if he would do it? I am pretty sure he would regret it.
But because it is the Internet,the anonymous nature of it allows him to get away with.
He probably wouldn't do that, of course, but if he did and he does regret it, the people that makes him regret it will have to deal with the possible consequence of getting charged for assault. And, yes, the possible anonymity of the internet allows him to get away with it. And? It all still is just because someone just disliked what someone else said and It still isn't anyone else's problem. Actually, it isn't even a problem. It's plain whining.
Vuudar wrote:Just check the net a little bit more and you will find out that there are certain rules to freedom of expression
What are you trying to say with that? Just because some communities decide it is against the rules to say things some people dislike then it is correct to do that? I hope it is not that. That would be a way too obvious appeal to common practice fallacy.
Vuudar wrote:And finally

5. While a certain amount of swearing, verbal assaults, racism or disrespectful comments towards another player or religion are expected, they should not get out of control. GMs will decide on a punishment proper to the volume of the violation.

So yes...asking for a punishment is totally ok.
Ahm, no. These rules are not closed to interpretation. How much is too much swearing? What is verbal assault exactly? Is jokingly saying "fuck you" to someone verbal assault? How do you decide if someone is joking or not? How do you decide if someone is racist? Does joking about racism make you a racist or it just means you like dark humour? What is disrespectful? I find it disrespectful if someone demands me to shut up just because I said something that person didn't like. Should that person be punished (viva paradox)?

So, no... asking for someone to be punished just because s/he said something you didn't like is still childish and way below the worth of the staff's time they volunteer.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

marko1984

#30 » Post by marko1984 » 18 Mar 2015 10:38

To all of the ppl deffending this topic!
This topic is all wrong....
You see.. all your upbringing thought you that what belendor said is wrong and that even the word ''jew'' (which is the name for a religious group of ppl) is racist... it has nothing to do with racism, there are other insults on this server that noone mentions because they are not in your history books.
Secondly, i'm a Serbian and Serbian ppl are insulted on TW 24/7 so what... go check Serbian history and see how many serbians were killed by hitler and in other wars but there is no fuss about us, or about native americans killed by british in colonisation... its all double standards, but again SO WHAT... its internet
You were thought that only holocaust is wrong and everything else is ignore worthy. Well let me tell you that its not, its all wrong!
But this is an ONLINE GAME... you have an IGNORE option, and whenever someone crosses the line on racism/nationalism or any other form of abuse GMs here take pretty good care of that
If you knew Belendor or if you saw him writing on world chat before you would know that he insults everything and everyone without any prejudice, but all those insults are meant as a joke. Also he gets muted more then all of us put together.

Instructions:
Double click your WOW icone --> Log in your account, then wait till game is loaded --> press ''O'' --> there is and ignore option, when you enter ignore type in names of the ppl you dont like
Edit to isntructions: If your ignore list is full (like mine) there is an addon that can make it infinite!

Option number 2.
Go learn your history of all ppl not just dogmatic options that you see on TV or learn in midschool history books
Holocaust was BAD but there were far worse things done in history that noone mentions, go learn about it.

PS I aint racist or a nationalist, i am a REALIST
Three mages!