Use of "nigga(s)"

Knewklear
Donor

Re: Use of "nigga(s)"

#16 » Post by Knewklear » 14 Dec 2014 19:58

I'm sorry if I'm the idiot that actually takes action to try and change something or someone. I would rather talk to a person and maybe get him to stop doing or saying something instead of just ignoring him. Allowing him to go about his business, seeing things for himself will take far too long and do further damage to the community.
Last edited by Knewklear on 14 Dec 2014 20:01, edited 3 times in total.

Teraan

#17 » Post by Teraan » 14 Dec 2014 19:59

Honestly now and being mature, I don't think if someone says "nigga" your life is going to get doomed in some way. Same way as people call me "gipsy" yet I don't actually give a fuck since i know what i am, + as said above, it's internet, where people knows you better than you know yourself.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Darchrow
Donor

#18 » Post by Darchrow » 14 Dec 2014 20:04

lmao you actually think that making such a post and fuss about someone saying nigga is gonna change anything?
kek
k
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Frostbolt

#19 » Post by Frostbolt » 14 Dec 2014 20:05

If you think talking is going to do anything you've not been on the internet long enough.
Avala - Level 80 Rogue
Paticrko - Level 80 Death Knight
Caladiirn - Level 80 Paladin

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#20 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 14 Dec 2014 20:14

I hate it when my reply is last one on a page, because nobody bothers to read it if someone has posted and moved to the next page with their reply QQ
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Knewklear
Donor

#21 » Post by Knewklear » 14 Dec 2014 20:15

It's not about being on the "internet". Yes, there's a lot of shit going down because there are always those fucking "keyboard warriors", but there's always a way to still deal with things in a civil manner. Those who have the power to do something must use it to the fullest. Block out the ones who don't do anything to deal with something for the better and let in the ones who will actually try. In this case right now, I have made a topic to see if something can be done against something I know is controversial. There are those who actually bother talking about why I care and what their input is. Then there are those fucking, satan-bred assholes who don't really care, go against what I suggest in a negative manner, and just post something that only further increases the chances of negativity within the community. Examples; Greensmoker, Darchrow, and Fivecapz.

Frostbolt

#22 » Post by Frostbolt » 14 Dec 2014 20:20

it IS about being on the internet. If someone uses that word in this context, if you talk to him about it you can be 100% positive that it won't help the situation.
On the other hand if you mute him you are punishing not only him, but the players that maybe need some input from him as well, only because some people MAY get offended by that word (which is IMO completely stupid, but w/e). If you are so easily offended just ignore him and there won't be any escalation to the problem.
Avala - Level 80 Rogue

Roel
Founder

#23 » Post by Roel » 14 Dec 2014 20:30

"nigger" should definitely not be allowed as it strongly relates to racism just like "fag" is homophobic. However the intention of "nigga" is not always clear, if a GM happened to be in that BG then he could just politely ask not to use that word again and explain why. It could give rise to racist talks and general negativity because some people would believe that the intention was bad. This way the GM could prevent an escalation without actually punishing anyone.

However if no GM was around then there is not enough reason to do something about it after the incident. Honestly the argument of ignoring is flawed, if it would be so bad that everyone is ignoring someone then that person clearly doesn't fit within our mature gaming community so why keep that person here?

Knewklear
Donor

#24 » Post by Knewklear » 14 Dec 2014 20:36

Frost, you can NOT say that you or I can be 100% sure that nothing positive can come of talking to the guy without actually talking to him. Muting was a suggestion, Frost. And even if that was the decision, how can it be ignored even if only SOME people are offended by what the person said? People being offended are people offended. That's it, that's all! It's like saying only SOME people are affected by a murder that happened to a certain person. "He wasn't a part of my family or friendship circle so I don't care what happened/why the person got murdered. I'm going to ignore the murderer and hope his murders don't affect that other "SOME" people."

And thank you Roel for your educating opinion.

Frostbolt

#25 » Post by Frostbolt » 14 Dec 2014 20:45

Ignoring, as ignoring a problem, and ignoring as in game mechanic are 2 different things, please don't use them as one.
Being offended, and being killed is not in any way similar.
About what Roel said. There are people (and that's most people i believe) that simply don't care what someone is saying in a chat, and getting on everyone's ignore list this way would be impossible. Why would you forbid him from playing with people that don't get offended by him?
Avala - Level 80 Rogue

Etro
Honorary Member

#26 » Post by Etro » 14 Dec 2014 21:46

Roel wrote:Honestly the argument of ignoring is flawed, if it would be so bad that everyone is ignoring someone then that person clearly doesn't fit within our mature gaming community so why keep that person here?
No one has given an "argument of ignoring". I, at least, mentioned /ignoring as a solution to someone being offended by someoene else and prevent any further bother without acting upon the offender just because he said a word the offended didn't like. I'm fascinated on how people can miss so badly what argumenting really is and still decide if that not argument is flawed or not.

If it would be so bad that everyone is ignoring that person, then, yes, that person, clearly, doesn't fit within the community. If it would, that is, but it isn't. Most people either don't take words of a stranger to heart, or they think he is an asshole and move on with their lives.

People are so afraid of disagreeing and of controversy that they rather to avoid it all together, or worse, to just act upon what the loudest subject accuses. That sounds a lot like spoiling, to me.

... Offended?
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

keez
Donor

#27 » Post by keez » 14 Dec 2014 23:18

Teraan wrote:Honestly now and being mature, I don't think if someone says "nigga" your life is going to get doomed in some way. Same way as people call me "gipsy" yet I don't actually give a fuck since i know what i am, + as said above, it's internet, where people knows you better than you know yourself.
yea... gipsy.

Chasity
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Chasity » 14 Dec 2014 23:35

[youtube]MSrTnWDTdwI[/youtube]

I don't listen this kind of music but when you type the word "nigga" in youtube this is the 1st video with comes on with 100,568,140 views and the people don't really look offended by it. Is just how you use it.
PS: the best racist jokes I learned from manager who is from Jamaica. So don't get so offended and carry on :p
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Luxis

#29 » Post by Luxis » 15 Dec 2014 00:08

Knewklear,

In the future you should post a trigger warning before posting a pic like that.
It can trigger other people like it did me.

Kniteknite

#30 » Post by Kniteknite » 15 Dec 2014 00:21

good 'ol American junk culture, rubbing faces in it until it becomes fashionable and acceptable by main stream money machine ~
[youtube]BLPy8zpJ_3w[/youtube]
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "