armory bug or bug abuser?

rachid

armory bug or bug abuser?

#1 » Post by rachid » 01 Aug 2014 22:29

Is armory bugged or this player somehow managed to put talents into Improved Mortal Strike without any talent into Mortal Strike?

http://i62.tinypic.com/5mgzzm.png

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talents.php?n=Hades&sp=0

thanks

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: armory bug or bug abuser?

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 02 Aug 2014 00:52

54+5 = 59 talents out of 71 m8... since the crash people didn;t get chance to fix their talents, and lots of people are missing talents and stuff, it will take a while to get them

atleast this guy has arms spec, you should focus on reporting afli locks with meta and chaos bolt instead of these guys
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

shaun03

#3 » Post by shaun03 » 02 Aug 2014 01:31

He's level 70 Luster...
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Aug 2014 01:36

If people start abusing this thoroughly we'll have to reset talents AND spells for everyone (again).

kermo14k

#5 » Post by kermo14k » 02 Aug 2014 01:38

One question, doesn't OP have sth better to do than search for possible "talent bug abusers"?
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 02 Aug 2014 01:54

holy shit... okay, scratch my comment, I was too tired when I posted, and didn;t check it through... yeah, my bad... well anyway hope people stop abusing
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Vaxsysl

#7 » Post by Vaxsysl » 02 Aug 2014 03:52

Indeed, I had Arms talents on my action bars even though my talent tree was empty. Same was on my shaman, Elemental spec with Riptide, say what?
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

r3p3ar69

#8 » Post by r3p3ar69 » 02 Aug 2014 05:19

regarding the talent bug, he may have put points into it and just hadn't gone back to fully untrain his talents...i on my pala without thinking about it(was heading to replace a tank in my run) put points into holy shield and avengers shield, granted yes i kept these skills after the bug happened and it did not even occur to me that the 2 points weren't even placed and counted as unused until someone pointed it out to me...without proper evidence that he is abusing this could be an alternative. That being said i do like Nye's idea about wiping everyone's talents and forcing them to respec properly to prevent any more abuse.
Level 80's
Rhaza
Maz
Judgemental
Azurik
Zakafein
Damara

cang

#9 » Post by cang » 02 Aug 2014 10:40

Instead of spying armory and making useless reports spend some time to inform ppl about this bug via ingame mail.
If you had a warrior character you'd know that even after selecting Mortal Strike talent and clicking "learn" the talent remained grayed out. And if noone told that guy how to fix this he actually could be using it unconsciously.

rachid

#10 » Post by rachid » 02 Aug 2014 11:42

Instead of spying armory and making useless reports spend some time to inform ppl about this bug via ingame mail.
If you had a warrior character you'd know that even after selecting Mortal Strike talent and clicking "learn" the talent remained grayed out. And if noone told that guy how to fix this he actually could be using it unconsciously.
I dont know if u noticed but i'm not telling, i'm asking. one more thing, its IMPOSSIBLE to have improved mortal strike if you dont have mortal strike, unless you are hacking, thats why i am ASKING if this was a bug with armory or not

a week ago talents from everyone were reset, so if he has talents being used, it means he logged on his character and set them up, so, either he found a way to glitch them to get improved mortal strike without mortal strike, just to spare a single talent (which in this case was done on purpose), or it bugged somehow.

Instead of spying armory and making useless reports
Now, tell me, if i'm asking it means i know or it means i want to know something?????????

Bluebell
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Bluebell » 02 Aug 2014 14:23

So he has 59 talents. You get 61 at level 70?

Now, let's look at this.

Situation 1: He's hacking and making himself have improved mortal strike, but removing from himself 2 talents, he could easily get mortal strike, and still have 1 talent extra, but instead decided to hack and have it at the cost of 2 points.

Situation 2: The talents bugged, like they did for everyone, and it randomly removed 2 talents from him, such as the 4/5 swords one, and mortal strike. He didn't notice, 'cos he still has mortal strike.

Which do you honestly, think is more plausible? Someone hacking for literally no benefit, infact hampering themselves, or the talents bugging, like they did for everyone, and removing 2 talents that he has?

It's not an armoury bug, nor are they an abuser. It's simply the server bugging and they didn't realise, they infact have less talents than they should. Now stop going on a rampage and as said in a previous thread, message the people yourself instead of calling them out.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Demol
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Demol » 02 Aug 2014 22:31

shaun03 wrote:He's level 70 Luster...
It doesn't matter, he has 59 spent points and he gets 61 at level 70.

The reason behind having improved mortal strike without mortal strike in the talents is the talents reset that didn't remove the specific talents spells learnt from the tree (in this case mortal strike) and just reset the points, so the player still has the spell without picking it up through the talents, therefore when choosing the spec he cannot put a point into that ability but still go through the tree even though you can't see any point in there (you can consider it as visual bug), he also can't benefit from that point as it is technically used on that ability, hence the lack of points for his level (59 instead of 61).

I don't really consider it an abuse here since the player went into the same talent tree instead of choosing Fury for example and having Mortal Strike as well, in this case it would be a solid abuse; but that shouldn't mean it's the right way to do it, players should visit trainers or just swap between their two specs to reset the points properly, or like Nyeriah said, we will have to force talents and spells reset for all players to avoid any mess or misunderstanding.

With this being said and explained, I believe the poster's question was answered.
Locking it away...