Spamming player

Talon

Spamming player

#1 » Post by Talon » 19 Jul 2014 18:09

So, there's a player named Diavel that was constantly asking in world chat for a GM to whisper him and read his ticket.

I told him to stop asking and be patient, because GMs don't just sit all day waiting for tickets.

But then he told me to shut up and he started asking again. I told him to quit it and moments later he started spamming my private chat with "can a GM whisper me for a second ?".

He did it in "Diavel" and he did it in "Shadaeon".

scoobydobedo

Re: Spamming player

#2 » Post by scoobydobedo » 19 Jul 2014 18:50

confirming this ,this guy were spamming world , lfm all day.with same line.despite alot of people telling him to make ticket he just continued all day long

Teraan

#3 » Post by Teraan » 19 Jul 2014 18:54

It's in private, you can ignore him. He can be punished only if you have photos of him spammin' in a public channel.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

jastericiak

#4 » Post by jastericiak » 19 Jul 2014 18:55

And i believe he got what he wanted after all.GM whispered him
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Talon

#5 » Post by Talon » 19 Jul 2014 19:05

Teraan wrote:It's in private, you can ignore him. He can be punished only if you have photos of him spammin' in a public channel.
So what if it's private? He's still spamming and i'm not going to waste time ignoring every single character he has.

scoobydobedo

#6 » Post by scoobydobedo » 19 Jul 2014 19:14

i didnt bother taking screenshots ,the guy was ignoring every help people were offered but from the point of view of reporter , the guy just changed character to spam so that counts.

Teraan

#7 » Post by Teraan » 19 Jul 2014 19:22

Talon wrote:
Teraan wrote:It's in private, you can ignore him. He can be punished only if you have photos of him spammin' in a public channel.
So what if it's private? He's still spamming and i'm not going to waste time ignoring every single character he has.
Last time they didn't do anything when it was in whisper.
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Talon

#8 » Post by Talon » 19 Jul 2014 20:21

Teraan wrote:
Talon wrote:
Last time they didn't do anything when it was in whisper.
He's still spamming me and disrupting my experience. Why are you defending him?

Teraan

#9 » Post by Teraan » 19 Jul 2014 20:34

Oh no, i bet you're left with a permanent scar now.

Anyway, i'm not defending anyone, if they didn't do anything for it in the past, i don't think they will do that now.
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

belendor

#10 » Post by belendor » 19 Jul 2014 21:13

Mute him, seems like haras. People got 12 hr and 24 hr mutes for doing less :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

wal3ed.mahmood

#11 » Post by wal3ed.mahmood » 20 Jul 2014 00:20

rofl so much offended you got . i wasnt spamming in the first place on world chat but writing it every 2-3 minutes . he got so offended and told me that he wastes his precious hours on this server and he doesn't want to be disturbed by such spams . :D so i gave him some idea of what spamming looks like !!

Ragnorak
Donor

#12 » Post by Ragnorak » 20 Jul 2014 01:03

Belendor is right this is harassment. If he was spamming you on one toon and u reported him then the GMs will take no action because you can simply Ignore him. However it seems in this case he came after you with multiple toons which probably suggests him trying to avoid your ignore but i'm not sure if this is the case since u never specified if u ignored him in the first place. But nonetheless this should warrant a mute for harassment.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Demol
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Demol » 20 Jul 2014 02:30

Private messages spams are usually solved by ignoring the player. Should he attempt to overcome that by logging into another toon, it will be considered as harassment and he will be punished accordingly. But since it was not specified by the original poster that the player was ignored and then later used another toon to bypass it, we won't issue any mute for harassment but instead a warning mute.