Hunter Traps Abuse

jemboy

Re: Hunter Traps Abuse

#46 » Post by jemboy » 17 Jul 2014 19:06

Nyeriah wrote:How long should be the activation time if the hunter is out of combat? That report says 0.5 seconds. Any consistent sources?
Nyeriah wrote:Since the arming time in combat is sort of long (3-4 seconds from what I see on some posts) I suppose 1 sec is reliable as for when out of combat.
Trap arming time is 1 second either in or out of combat. That's how it was in WotLK.

3.0.2 Patch Notes "The arming time has been reduced to 1 second, from 2 seconds for all traps."

What sources have you been looking at? 3-4 second arming time on Freezing Arrow in combat would not make Scatter Shot>Freezing Arrow work. Boxis made a bugtracker report about it here if you want to learn more about it.

alexdookye

#47 » Post by alexdookye » 17 Jul 2014 19:19

ban dat hunter

Diryn
Former Staff

#48 » Post by Diryn » 17 Jul 2014 20:27

Yes the trap arming time should be 1 sec in combat but here this is bugged.
Because this is hard to chrono the exact value of the timer, I have made a small addon that do the work.

It save the current time when arrow is used and then the second time when the debuff apply.
There is no possible discussion about those values as I use the game triggers to start and stop the timer.
Just have a look at what we get, most of the time the timer is higher than 2 seconde. You notice that this time is inconsistent and varies a lot (between 1.5 and 2.5 sec most of the time) when in combat.

Here is a screenshot of the few results of my tests:

If you want to make your own test I have uploaded my test addon here: http://www.filedropper.com/testtrap
You only need to keep the target active when you do your test. It work for both hunter and target side.
It works for french and english client only.

If you try using feign death you will see that most of the time you can't go lower than 0.4 sec.
So even if you consider it as a bug, just see how much trap hunter can lose due to the other bug when you are in combat (it should always be 1sec in combat, not 2 - 2.5..)

Now you have all evidences that trap bug is a disadvantage for hunter and not an abuse.

belendor

#49 » Post by belendor » 17 Jul 2014 21:34

Since you guys like QQing about bugs. Let's ban all bugged classes.

This is a private server, they got bugs. Deal with it.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

keez
Donor

#50 » Post by keez » 17 Jul 2014 21:38

belendor wrote:Since you guys like QQing about bugs. Let's ban all bugged classes.

This is a private server, they got bugs. Deal with it.
Its not about buggs and bugged classes, its about 1 person who is abusing buggs.
Every other hunter knows about this bug but doesnt abuse it, so should this guy continue abusing and others look like idiots for not abusing it to gain huge advantage in arena?

belendor

#51 » Post by belendor » 17 Jul 2014 21:46

There is always a way around it. Bugs make the game harder but more fun. Why only own people who dont 'abuse'. Be a real pro and own 'abusers' ;)

Prevent dks from using frost strike, prot palas from HoR, hunters chimera shot ect ect ect.^^

keez
Donor

#52 » Post by keez » 17 Jul 2014 21:52

belendor wrote:There is always a way around it. Bugs make the game harder but more fun. Why only own people who dont 'abuse'. Be a real pro and own 'abusers' ;)

Prevent dks from using frost strike, prot palas from HoR, hunters chimera shot ect ect ect.^^
You think I lost vs them? lol
This is not a QQ topic its a player report.

belendor

#53 » Post by belendor » 17 Jul 2014 22:00

I did read the previous posts. you lost 1 out of 3. anyway I said it in general not only for you.

On topic: Seems like dyrin has/made some legit macro. Doesn't seem abuse imo. I i wasn't on a holiday i would look for the cds how it was on retail. but i'm bit lazy atm

keez
Donor

#54 » Post by keez » 17 Jul 2014 22:03

belendor wrote:I did read the previous posts. you lost 1 out of 3. anyway I said it in general not only for you.

On topic: Seems like dyrin has/made some legit macro. Doesn't seem abuse imo. I i wasn't on a holiday i would look for the cds how it was on retail. but i'm bit lazy atm
Well if you actually played pvp you would understand its abuse for now you can watch the video on page 1 and see that there is no time between scatter-trap there should be a gap. Yes its that simple.

Diryn
Former Staff

#55 » Post by Diryn » 17 Jul 2014 22:41

Your video shows nothing, I already explained you why he use feign death after scatter it has nothing to do about instant trap.
Your video shows a bug maybe but using an ability which is bugged doesn't mean to be a bug abuser. I already gave you a list of spell that are bugged and everyone use them everyday and that doens't make them bug abusers.

Why don't you want to understand that? You're so closed on your own opinion that you don't even try to understand. I bet you never played hunter and don't know anything about hunter's mechanisms. You're just angry because you lost on your war team and that we passed your team on arena ladder.

Each of your post are the same arguments we use an ability that is bugged so we are bug abuser. That's ridiculous.
Can some gm give their opinion about this? Because i'm fed up to read the same stupid arguments in each of its reply. Thanks

shaun03

#56 » Post by shaun03 » 17 Jul 2014 23:28

From what I've read (which was the whole thread), it sure does look like a QQ topic. Keez, if it didn't seem like you wanted to get somebody banned out of a personal vendetta, I might see your point. But Diryn has responded to all your issues in a civilised manner, and you end up calling him names, like liar, etc.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

keez
Donor

#57 » Post by keez » 17 Jul 2014 23:41

Diryn wrote:Your video shows nothing, I already explained you why he use feign death after scatter it has nothing to do about instant trap.
Your video shows a bug maybe but using an ability which is bugged doesn't mean to be a bug abuser. I already gave you a list of spell that are bugged and everyone use them everyday and that doens't make them bug abusers.

Why don't you want to understand that? You're so closed on your own opinion that you don't even try to understand. I bet you never played hunter and don't know anything about hunter's mechanisms. You're just angry because you lost on your war team and that we passed your team on arena ladder.

Each of your post are the same arguments we use an ability that is bugged so we are bug abuser. That's ridiculous.
Can some gm give their opinion about this? Because i'm fed up to read the same stupid arguments in each of its reply. Thanks
My video shows everything.
You are lying that he used fd to protect himself you can see on the video lock isnt even targeting him.
Last time I checked I am rank 1 so you didnt not pass anyone.
Now stop acting here like some good boy when I know you abused this same thing on your own hunter.

keez
Donor

#58 » Post by keez » 17 Jul 2014 23:42

shaun03 wrote:From what I've read (which was the whole thread), it sure does look like a QQ topic. Keez, if it didn't seem like you wanted to get somebody banned out of a personal vendetta, I might see your point. But Diryn has responded to all your issues in a civilised manner, and you end up calling him names, like liar, etc.
No need to read anything, video is self-explanatory.

Warmart

#59 » Post by Warmart » 18 Jul 2014 00:46

Diryn wrote:
Shaharan wrote:And if you wanna bring up stuff about who owned who, last time I faced you i remember killing you in 3s :)
Oh really? Dude you have 1.2k rating team and 30% win you are so pro.
Seriously you never won against us, stop saying silly things here.
Lol. Get your facts straight.

Teal Deer

#60 » Post by Teal Deer » 18 Jul 2014 01:04

4 pages of nothing. so ill add my 3c

if you work your way to avoid bug you will get banned for abusing.
Last edited by Teal Deer on 18 Jul 2014 10:28, edited 1 time in total.