Third party program multibox

Kusisukka
Donor

Third party program multibox

#1 » Post by Kusisukka » 20 Jun 2014 11:35

He had these 4 other toons following him, and performing same actions, casted berserker etc.
In 2nd pic, he said he was using some sort of keycloning program.
http://imgur.com/HbkKxSB,u2Bj8zF
http://imgur.com/HbkKxSB,u2Bj8zF#1

Fastor

Re: Third party program multibox

#2 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jun 2014 11:47

Well acording to current rules, only thing he could get banned is if he attempt to join battle ground or find and try to kill aliance player.

11. Multi boxing or any program to control multiple characters at once in PvP (Open World, BattleGround, Arena).
Now there is rule 12. that lm not sure does this apply to this. Yes they are bots but not full bots, they need main character to interact. Without player they are not working.
12. Use of third party software (speed hacks, teleports, bots, autoclickers, various other hacking programs) or client-side modification(s) which allow you to gain an unfair advantage(s) over the other players. When you are caught, all your accounts will be immediately banned permanently without any warning.

Anselmo
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Anselmo » 20 Jun 2014 12:01

It's all good unless he pvps with them.

scoobydobedo

#4 » Post by scoobydobedo » 20 Jun 2014 12:05

hi
since this kind of programs allowable if not used for pvp can any one name some of them,i really need one.
i need one for power lvling a character of mine so i need a good and easy to learn program please

i need some program FREE, LEGAL and well known with guides , made for power lvling and stuff like that.if anyone know the name of program or link for it would be appreciated.
thank you

Belthezar

#5 » Post by Belthezar » 20 Jun 2014 14:05

Wait wait wait wait, so this type of program is allowed for levelling and pve? Only bannable in pvp?
I need to get this program :D
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jun 2014 14:37

Belthezar wrote:Wait wait wait wait, so this type of program is allowed for levelling and pve? Only bannable in pvp?
I need to get this program :D

Well actualy if you try to join raid with that program, well, minimum penalty is kick in ass and out of raid on all characters you try to join.

Simply put, contribution of performace to the raid group is disaster. More character you have, more chances you will do more dmg with a single mage and a wand. So doing multybox in raid is mostly not an option.

I tried firemage + tree and dmg droped bad and few had died. Multybox in raid is bad. Dont think on it.

As for RDF at first l thought that it would be great idea. It proven not as it ruin it for every other player that lose spot due to your multybox.

Belthezar

#7 » Post by Belthezar » 20 Jun 2014 18:10

Can't see how bad it could be, especially with mages.
Also with hunters, I mean, it's pretty much just standard rotation+ big CDs which can all be coordinated between 2 I'm sure, for easy raids I might try it out, I may be wrong but theoretically speaking it looks doable.

But yeah levelling also would be cool, and even other things, maybe soloing a world boss etc.

Can hardly see how awful it could be for rdf as well.

I'm pretty sure things are alot more complicated when you mix roles, like your tree combo, especially in fights like Deathbringer, where healing isn't so hard, so you won't push as many buttons, and unless I'm mistaken that's how you determine the other char's actions.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Dr. Who

#8 » Post by Dr. Who » 20 Jun 2014 18:43

by Roel own words if i remember correctly only "alt tap" is allowed.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Bluebell » 20 Jun 2014 18:47

11. Multi boxing or any program to control multiple characters at once in PvP (Open World, BattleGround, Arena).
Rules change.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jun 2014 19:04

Dr. Who wrote:by Roel own words if i remember correctly only "alt tap" is allowed.

If this is true than reported player is guilty. Also this solution does seems most legal.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 Jun 2014 20:38

Alt+Tab to switch to your other WoW window is allowed and it's called dualboxing. Multiboxing (using a software) two or more characters it is not. :)

Arvit

#12 » Post by Arvit » 20 Jun 2014 20:48

If what you said is true Kindz then you should change the rules and say that multiboxing isn't allowed in any situation (also why do I see a lot other staff members say it is allowed?) You guys are really good at confusing me.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Bluebell » 20 Jun 2014 20:48

Anselmo wrote:It's all good unless he pvps with them.
Kindzadza wrote:Alt+Tab to switch to your other WoW window is allowed and it's called dualboxing. Multiboxing (using a software) two or more characters it is not. :)
You should update the rules and make sure all the staff know it then.

perka

#14 » Post by perka » 20 Jun 2014 20:48

To clear up things:

Dual or multiboxing (using specific software) is allowed outside the cases mentioned in the rules, which concern the PvP aspect of the game. Usage in PvE aspect is completely fine and allowed. Its up to raid/group leaders if they want to allow such ppl in their group or raid.
You are also allowed to dual/multibox in arena if ofc all your chars are on the same team. Otherwise it breaks rule 10.
10. Farm player kills, PvP points (honor, arena) or items (tokens, marks, etc.) by co-operating with opponents to gain advantages, or by using other abusive practices.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Bluebell » 20 Jun 2014 20:49

That does the opposite of clear things up.