Promoting to join bg, rdf?

Fir3fox
Donor

Promoting to join bg, rdf?

#1 » Post by Fir3fox » 06 Mar 2014 17:36

hello TW i have a complaint about our players that play here.

A little introduction of myself:

i am a wow player since 2011 and the only place i played wow is here, got a few chars but my main char is a lvl 69 priest and each time i lvl up its an achievement for myself. i learn to play my chars by asking questions and see others play and i think many ppl here recognise themselfs in this.

anyways yesterday i was in the battleground and i got beaten down hard by the enemy, constantly stunned and silenced but hey thats wow ;) and i can live with that but then the swearing by my teammate began... he starts saying you suck as a priest and only do 10K dmg.

i know that TW promotes to join rdf and battlegrounds when you logging in but situations like this keeps me away from rdf and battlegrounds if i gotta deal with such inmature ppl. Is it so hard to help the weaker get stronger by giving them advise? or atleast don't be rude and start insulting ppl when they are strugling? cause clearly they do not do that on purpose, who doesn't want to win a bg?

I think this happens alot on this server and many ppl who had this issue did not take the time to post this, but for me it is verry frustrating since this is not the first time this happend...

the character name of my teammate is (mangled)
and please do not come in here to defend yourself, cause you where wrong in any way!

ItchyVortex

Re: Promoting to join bg, rdf?

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 06 Mar 2014 18:11

Thats how a team game where you get random partners from the internet works, its all about the luck of the draw. You will either find a newbie, an asshole, a silent pro, a permanab, a lagger, a QQer, someone who is actually pro but cant shut up about it... maybe you could find a leveling buddy! So personally i use rdf / rbg as much as i can, and if i enter a bg with assholes i just leave, and if its a dungeon with assholes i /follow the healer and let them do the job :P
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

MutinusMutunus

#3 » Post by MutinusMutunus » 06 Mar 2014 18:39

/ignore if needed, there will always be players like this in any rbg / rdf bracket at any giving time
learn to ignore it, not report it

Zacharon

#4 » Post by Zacharon » 07 Mar 2014 02:54

i know that TW promotes to join rdf and battlegrounds when you logging in but situations like this keeps me away from rdf and battlegrounds if i gotta deal with such inmature ppl. Is it so hard to help the weaker get stronger by giving them advise? or atleast don't be rude and start insulting ppl when they are strugling? cause clearly they do not do that on purpose, who doesn't want to win a bg?
Welcome to Truewow.
Whitecastle LEVEL 80 PALADIN TANK / DPS / HEAL
Swarovski LEVEL 28 PRIEST LEVELING

innocentguy

#5 » Post by innocentguy » 07 Mar 2014 05:43

There are all sorts of people out there. If you can't get along with these kinds of people I suggest you /ignore them. There isn't much that anyone can do about it.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Belthezar

#6 » Post by Belthezar » 07 Mar 2014 14:13

Sometimes I wonder if the /ignore function should be advertised...
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Mar 2014 19:34

There isn't much that can be done towards "rude" people. Only thing we can really do is ask our players to be more tolerant and use the /ignore function while avoiding such players if they feel it's that bad.

Private channels such as party, guild, raid, whispers and say (while not in a public area) are not moderated so sadly the only option is to plain /ignore them.

Sadly this is the case with most gaming communities as the above posts mention. Locking and moving now.