[10886] Trial of the Naaru: Tenacity

GM moderated forum to add bugged quests or remove previously bugged quests from the quest completer. Make sure you read the sticky so you report the quests correctly!
Leaf

[10886] Trial of the Naaru: Tenacity

#1 » Post by Leaf » 23 Jun 2013 00:30

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10886

The quest doesn't update when Harbinger Skyriss is defeated. Maybe I have to talk to Millhouse, but that doesn't work either.
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Crysicle
Honorary Member

Re: [10886] Trial of the Naaru: Tenacity

#2 » Post by Crysicle » 27 Jul 2013 07:20

Confirmed on STR. Neiter on normal or heroic are you awarded credit if Millhouse survives the encounter. If a gossip is required for this quest to be completed it certainly is not there.
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 02 Aug 2013 15:56

Crysicle wrote:Confirmed on STR. Neiter on normal or heroic are you awarded credit if Millhouse survives the encounter. If a gossip is required for this quest to be completed it certainly is not there.
Hmm looks like there maybe missing gossip, gossip menu id 8310 no idea what gossip menu option should be, but millhouse manastorm also does not enter into combat when he should do he just stays where he spawns, I have had a look at script and cant see anything about quest credit for this, also when did have gossip flag set only had gossip id set for normal version not heroic but when that gossip has texts
Thanks for getting me out of there. I owe you one!
I should be able to get out here now. Thanks!
This place is crazy! I could spend years here investigating all this technology!
also
By DaAznSaN (4,052 – 1·8·27) on 2007/03/14 (Patch 2.0.10) Report
It is possible for a group to kill the Harbinger under Heroic difficulty and shuffle players into the instance to talk with Milhouse and complete the quest. This is similar to how it used to be possible to shuffle players into an instance to retrieve the key fragments for Karazhan.

I recommend doing it as soon as you can before Blizzard 'fixes' it. ^_^

wuhihi on 2007/03/18 (Patch 2.0.10)
yes. you can do that as long as you have the heroic key

boda on 2007/03/25 (Patch 2.0.10)
That's what we did, we had the guild contribute some pots and flasks (it really helped, I got flayed about 5 times in the skyriss fight). After that, the entire guild was summoned to talk to Millhouse and complete the quest.

Spectre on 2007/05/08 (Patch 2.0.12)
Note that the 2.1 will change that, and only the original 5 will be able to complete the quest.

shuya on 2007/06/12 (Patch 2.1.1)
@Spectre: Incorrect. The group that I ran it with had a Warlock that dropped out after the 2nd/3rd bosses because he already had completed the trial. We replaced him with a Hunter, finished up the instance and the Hunter received credit despite only having been there for the Ethereal groups, Abyssals and Skyriss.

jbstans on 2007/06/19 (Patch 2.1.2)
I think he means the 5 that actually kill the boss get credit, and shuttling people in to take credit after won't work anymore. You can replace someone mid instance no problem. But you can't kill the boss with 5 then port 1 back and try and bring someone else in for their quest.

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 02 Aug 2013 16:19

also looks like Script is broken as after making his who ordered a extra large can of whoopass comment just stays quiet does not enter combat against boss and cant see anything about quest credit in that script either so think can safely confirm this is broken

bakiss

#5 » Post by bakiss » 26 Sep 2013 11:46

Can this be added to QC, since it's still broken and can't be completed?

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 26 Sep 2013 18:42

Added to quest completer,