BuggedChecker Updater v3.2 (6-23-2013)

GM moderated forum to add bugged quests or remove previously bugged quests from the quest completer. Make sure you read the sticky so you report the quests correctly!
Titanstorm

BuggedChecker Updater v3.2 (6-23-2013)

#1 » Post by Titanstorm » 21 May 2013 11:30

BuggedChecker Updater
Version 3.2
[/b]
New! Revamped installer and incorporation of a logging system!
I have created a small tool to automatically update your BuggedChecker addon. I have only tested it on
my computer so results are not guaranteed at this time. If you have any problems let me know and I
will attempt to fix it.

Please disable your Firewall or add an exception for the updater (wget.exe located in installation directory), as it
retrieves a file from the TrueWoW Website. Also if you define a custom directory, please be sure you DO NOT
use quotations ("") around the directory.

Compatible with most Windows versions including Windows XP and newer.
This will not work for Mac, Unix/Linux or any other Operating System. (but may work under linux using Wine but
is currently untested)

Enjoy!
Download: http://www.truewow.bugs3.com/setup.exe
-Giving a new file host a try, any issues let me know-
I am not the author of the addon. Just simply made an automatic updater. Please do not reblog,
redistrubute or modify this utility in any way without my permission.

All questions, feedback, requests, or bug reports are gladly accepted.
Either drop me a line in-game or post a message in this thread. Thanks!

[hide]To Do List:

Add custom WoW installation directory option
Misc grammar/spelling fixes
Delete cache option
Update logging
Possibly redesign in Visual Basic (Future release)
Add temp folder
Check if data.lua has in fact been updated
Installer isn't adding the blank directories in the install folder (temp, backup, etc.)
Add loops so if an answer is given with an incorrect word/letter user will be asked to try again
Lots of code optimizations
Add resource folder for 3rd party tools
Add BuggedChecker addon in resource folder to install automatically if it isn't
Backup list
Critical error logging to help find missing loops in program
Windows Task Scheduler compatible version w/ guide
Change to a different installer[/hide]
Last edited by Titanstorm on 23 Jun 2013 07:47, edited 24 times in total.

Heihachi
Developer

Re: BuggedChecker Addon Auto-Updater

#2 » Post by Heihachi » 21 May 2013 12:51

A few suggestions add a way to set where wow is for instance mine in on D:/Games/PC/WoW/. Also can you make a log file for when it doesnt go right.

Thanks for making this lol saves me time from having to do it with python later

Titanstorm

#3 » Post by Titanstorm » 21 May 2013 12:56

I would definitely attempt to add that! I honestly don't know how to program bat files this took me over 3 hours just to get it 'rigged' to work as much as it does. The whole.. let's check and find where their WoW installation is really sent me for a ride.

But I will do my best and get it fixed more. Might even try to make a nicer one in MS Visual Basic (with a few headaches I am sure).

No problem! I actually really enjoy projects like this. Just would be easier if I knew what I was doing. On top it's a great way to give back to the community!

Titanstorm

#4 » Post by Titanstorm » 22 May 2013 05:16

Okay, I just got the manual installation input option added in. But I can't seem to find a way to recall that input on next use from a text file, or even get the directory the user put in saved to a file. In doing this it would make it so you didn't have to retype it everytime, just a simple yes or no question.

Heihachi
Developer

#5 » Post by Heihachi » 22 May 2013 05:47

Titanstorm wrote:Okay, I just got the manual installation input option added in. But I can't seem to find a way to recall that input on next use from a text file, or even get the directory the user put in saved to a file. In doing this it would make it so you didn't have to retype it everytime, just a simple yes or no question.
well i can make a forntend to it in python AKA a config tool. It would write to a file and if you can make the batch read the file then its all good :P

Titanstorm

#6 » Post by Titanstorm » 22 May 2013 13:11

Might be nice to have! Think I have it all figured out, but I had to revert to a backed up version, apparently passing the -y option when using 'copy' doesn't allow it to copy a file if there isn't an old version you need to overwrite.

Unfortunately, I have to work all day helping setup an auction (antique furniture auction) so I probably wont get around to coding more tonight. This is a 10 hour work your butt off with no breaks kind of deal. So it's going to be a get home, pass the heck out deal.

Have you thought of anything else I should add? Maybe a delete cache that can be enabled and disabled for use when using this with the task scheduler. Currently I need to incorporate a script to backup the old database, and write log files along with modify where it stores it's temporary files.

Titanstorm

Re: BuggedChecker Addon Auto-Updater v1.0 (Work-In-Progress)

#7 » Post by Titanstorm » 29 May 2013 10:59

New version will be released soon. Sorry for the delay. Learning how to script batch files has been interesting. Should have everything sorted and working.

Titanstorm

Re: BuggedChecker Updater v2.1 (Work-In-Progress)

#8 » Post by Titanstorm » 29 May 2013 12:17

Version 2.1 Released!

Titanstorm

Re: BuggedChecker Updater v2.1 (5-29-2013)

#9 » Post by Titanstorm » 03 Jun 2013 09:24

Just out of curiosity. Any problems downloading the tool from MediaFire? Seems there is unless, nobody is downloading this. They say the file was downloaded only 2x.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Myaoming » 03 Jun 2013 15:03

I downloaded both yesterday just fine.

EDIT: Re-downloaded them. Works like a charm :)
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 03 Jun 2013 15:21

I would just like to point out again that the bugged quests are sorted in an array at: http://www.truewow.org/quests.php
But I assume you used it to make the updater.

Heihachi
Developer

#12 » Post by Heihachi » 03 Jun 2013 20:49

Roel wrote:I would just like to point out again that the bugged quests are sorted in an array at: http://www.truewow.org/quests.php
But I assume you used it to make the updater.
he did :P

Titanstorm

#13 » Post by Titanstorm » 05 Jun 2013 16:46

Hey guys, sorry, been busy the last few days!

@Myaoming: Thank you for the feedback. Glad the links are working and the tool worked! The whole checking for where each users WoW installation was located gave me a hell of a run for my money. So I wasn't sure if it was scripted properly. Worked on my computer, but that doesn't mean it will work on everyones.

@Roel: Yup, thats exactly where this tool gets the update from. It simply uses Wget (for Windows) to download the .php file, edit it and then rename it to the list.lua. After that it then moves it to the appropriate directory.

@Heihachi: Again, thanks for the help when I was programming this! Greatly appreciated!

Drago

#14 » Post by Drago » 06 Jun 2013 06:51

I downloaded this with Chrome and it gave me an error, doesn't load up the installation or the program, if it's without an installation.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Titanstorm

#15 » Post by Titanstorm » 06 Jun 2013 09:10

Hmm. The file you initially download is an installer. What error are you getting along with what operating system?