Bugged quest checker

GM moderated forum to add bugged quests or remove previously bugged quests from the quest completer. Make sure you read the sticky so you report the quests correctly!
INvictus

Re: Bugged quest checker

#61 » Post by INvictus » 29 Jan 2012 23:07

Ty felnight and good job :P

Luminala

#62 » Post by Luminala » 30 Jan 2012 10:09

Awesome thanks to you Felnight for the updated list. :)
I was also checking the list of quests in the quest completer (http://www.truewow.org/index.php?p=server&sub=quests) and i realised that, although you can't drag and select the "Quest ID" column only, you can still Ctrl and click on a box in the column. At that stage, the box you Ctrl + clicked should have a light blue outline. From there u can drag your mouse to the bottom of the list in order to select the whole "Quest ID" column by itself and no other column.
You can then copy-paste the selected boxes in Notepad and just add the commas and press enter each time to make a new line for each quest id.
I realised that this way of manually updating can be faster than just retyping every quest id one by one.
I havent timed the whole process but i think that updating the whole list should take approx. 15 min in total.

I hope this can help anyone who is manually trying to update his/her list without losing too much time.
Have fun guys, and thx again for ur update Felnight :)
Luminala 80 Nelf Druid Balance/Resto

" What is a man who does not make the world better? "

Felnight

#63 » Post by Felnight » 31 Jan 2012 00:04

Ohh, Thanks Lunimala. This was a very early morning before i have to go pay bills update. But from now on, I can update it very quickly. If no one else can figure out how to do it automatically, or doesnt want to do it, i can update it every week or every other week or so...Im sure the quests in the quest completer are not updated to quickly that it will be noticable if the list is slightly outdated by a week or so.

INvictus

#64 » Post by INvictus » 01 Feb 2012 23:50

Every 2 weeks is enough if ur going to update it.

Felnight

#65 » Post by Felnight » 02 Feb 2012 03:17

Alright, I had to walk a few people through this on how to manually update it...so instead of doing it constantly, and just to make it easier for everyone. I will Constantly update and upload this file/addon so its as up to date as i can keep it..

To get the full addon - http://www.mediafire.com/?z12y9hfdjj1r632
If you want just the list.lua file, you can download it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?4jyjrwi6cmhlyow

And just to not make anyone upset, im just updating the addon quest list, I dont know how to 'fix' anything with the addon if it doesnt work for you. I did not make this addon, Jump back a few pages to find out who made it and made a great addon for our server.

Khazidur

#66 » Post by Khazidur » 10 Feb 2012 17:47

the whole kicker about this is the origional creator of this addon never had to do a manual copy of the Quest Completer List. Somewhere back there in the posts he says that; And says he uses a program to creat a new lua list based off of truewow quest completer list....although....

that was before the site was upgraded from the hacker attacks from the summer...so some addresses might need to be updated ;P

But thankyou felnight for your contributions, this is one of the greatest addons for a private server
;P

Roel
Founder

#67 » Post by Roel » 10 Feb 2012 19:27

Ok just my 2 cents because access to raw data makes things easier: http://www.truewow.org/quests.php
It takes the data right from the database so it's always up to date and you can just copy/paste whenever you want to update your list.

P.S. It took me like 2 minutes to make the page.

Khazidur

#68 » Post by Khazidur » 16 Feb 2012 18:52

brilliant!!!!
;P

Felnight

#69 » Post by Felnight » 17 Feb 2012 01:02

Damn, you made it easy so everyone can do it...What am i going to do get my 'im important' feeling now?!

Anyway, thanks. Im sure everyone appreciates you helping with this!

Heihachi
Developer

#70 » Post by Heihachi » 04 Dec 2012 10:25

Bumping this for new players!

go to http://www.truewow.org/quests.php to update the list. How you ask?
1) open the wow folder and find the interface folder go in there and in addons.
2) look for a folder called buggedchecker
3) open the folder and open list.lua with notepad and delete all of it.
4) copy and paste the stuff in the page linked above and your addon will be updated.

Download Addon

Drago

Bugged quest checker

#71 » Post by Drago » 04 Dec 2012 10:42

404 Error File Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
This appears when I click the quest list link you gave... Broken link? :s
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#72 » Post by Heihachi » 04 Dec 2012 12:22

Drago wrote:
404 Error File Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
This appears when I click the quest list link you gave... Broken link? :s
thanks i fixed it

Drago

#73 » Post by Drago » 04 Dec 2012 18:13

And I suggest moving this topic to the QC subforum, don't think that many people browse this forum that much...
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#74 » Post by Heihachi » 04 Dec 2012 18:42

well it is a addon thou but it would get more light there i will move it there and if another staff member thinks it should be back here they can move it

Drago

#75 » Post by Drago » 04 Dec 2012 20:13

Well it's an addon, but it's special for the bugged quests on TrueWoW, so if downloaded by the players it saves A LOT of reports and going to the QC and discovering your quest isn't there... It might also help for players that report fixed quests, so if the addon says it's bugged the player can test it to see if it really is bugged. It's surprisingly easy to use too, just install it and when you click a quest link in your chat or go to your quest log it will say "(BUGGED)" in the quest log or "Quest nil is bugged." in white text in the chat panel.
ImageImage