[12308] Escape from Silverbrook

GM moderated forum to add bugged quests or remove previously bugged quests from the quest completer. Make sure you read the sticky so you report the quests correctly!
Rehan

[12308] Escape from Silverbrook

#1 » Post by Rehan » 20 Mar 2014 02:49

http://wotlk.openwow.com/quest=12308

Tried doing this quest two ways.
The impossible way (which is the BLIZZLIKE way to complete it) is to let the horse move by itself to the destination, and your only task is to kill the worgen following you. This is impossible because the horse keeps stopping at every single enemy to fight back and by the time you kill one of them another one will spawn which will eventually result in your horse dying, making this way IMPOSSIBLE to do.

The second way to TRY to do this quest is to control the horse yourself, I tried it, got to Amberpine Lodge, and the objective did not complete, tried moving all around the place and no luck.

I think that this quest should be re-added to the quest completer because even if there is a certain way to complete it that I have no idea about, the BLIZZLIKE way of completing it is utterly bugged. This excuse for a fix shouldn't be the reason why players have to struggle to complete this quest.

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: [12308] Escape from Silverbrook

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Mar 2014 11:55

This quest works and dont think you can even control this vehicle as it follows waypoints but the waypoints seem a bit buggy here in that vehicle behaves weirdly while is in combat with mobs you can use the abilities of the horse to kill the worgen, you can also avoid some by using the capabilities which temporarily boosts speed,

Due to mobs attacking pathing can be a bit erratic but the vehicle will get to its destination eventually as said you can use abilities to kill and/or avoid worgen

Ps you are only person to have reported this bug the usual bug reported is that player gets to Silverbrook but does not get quest credit but thats due to dismounting prematurely too.

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 20 Mar 2014 13:23

You can control the vehicle, I already said I got to Amberpine Lodge once and the horse stops everytime you get attacked if you don't control it, which SHOULDN'T happen. It can get to the destination but the horse keep stopping, by the time you kill the worgen following you more will spawn right next to you, so you might advance a little but the horse will die eventually, which does make this quest impossible to complete.

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Mar 2014 16:36

Well you are not meant to be able to control this vehicle, its scripted so once mounted it starts wp upon reaching last wp it gives credit and despawns, you have to let it follow preset path and use the speed boost whenever its available and kill any worgen which you can,

As said this along with other such vehicles behave weirdly when in combat or can end up running in random directions,

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Mar 2014 16:57