Same bug repeated!

Jinzack

Same bug repeated!

#1 » Post by Jinzack » 14 Jan 2013 10:06

Well, in the last post I wrote about the item which was broken. Gratefully, a GM sent me the same bracers through mailbox and I received the item too. But today when I logged the warrior named Stormcrusher I found the same bug again! The bracers were looking as [Gar] again. I opened atlas loot also to see if I can find something relevant and yes I did. Even the altlas loot is showing me the item like that. Today while I was in rhc, I saw a guy wearing the same item so I said to him "Check your barcers, they are bugged." He linked the item and when I tried to link the item I couldn't. He had the item gemmed and enchanted but it was looking like [Gar] to me and I couldn't even link it but somehow he coud. What is this problem?

Vasho

Re: Same bug repeated!

#2 » Post by Vasho » 14 Jan 2013 10:38

Have you been on a different server recently, probably a fun server or something. If so then try deleting your cache.

Jinzack

#3 » Post by Jinzack » 14 Jan 2013 13:06

nope.

Drago

#4 » Post by Drago » 14 Jan 2013 15:30

Well, I can only suggest the following:
1. Delete the following folders: Cache, WTF (when you delete WTF some settings will disable in-game)
2. Try disabling all of your addons and see if the item is still [Gar] or perhaps if it's still [Gar] after you disable them, try getting the item again from a GM without any addons working, and see if it's the same deal.
3. If it's the same, it might be a corrupted file in your client folder, first try running the repair tool, it doesn't always help, but still give it a try.
4. Try running WoW on another computer, (DO NOT COPY YOUR WOW FOLDER AND PASTE IT ON THE OTHER COMPUTER, THIS IS WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TEST), with another client, and see if the problem remains. If it doesn't show up there, it means your client should be reinstalled, so delete WoW completely and install a new one or copy the working client from the other computer.
5. Also, it might be strange to you but sometimes things like this happen if you choose the wrong expansion on the website, in your account settings, here: http://www.truewow.org/?p=account&sub=manage, check if it is set to WotLK!
6. If you have a friend with the same item, and he trusts you to enter the account, you can check if the item is also [Gar] on your client with his account.
7. If the client on the other computer still gives that bug, you better try a few more but basically it means the problem is specifically with your character or account.... If this is the case a GM or a Developer should assist you with this...

Basically these steps will determine whether you have a client issue, a corrupted specific file issue, an addon interference issue, an account issue and so on, so the GMs can tell you what to do to solve the problem more easily. Hope this helps a bit, good luck in fixing it. I can just tell you that there were far more strange problems in the history of WoW or specifically this server, and most were dealt with ;)
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Mithrandir

#5 » Post by Mithrandir » 14 Jan 2013 19:10

I'm just gonna quote my last post on your previous topic, since you didn't respond to it there.
Mithrandir wrote:Seems like an addon interfering with the item. Try turning off addons one by one, see if it works.
Otherwise, what Vasho said could be a probable reason too.

Jinzack

#6 » Post by Jinzack » 20 Jan 2013 16:08

Well, Mithrandir you are right. The problem got fixed. It was Atlas Loot Addon problem. When I disabled that addon, it showed me the item properly.