Poll: Experience in BG

First read the post below. How should the rate be changed?

Keep it like it is now
15%
Only increase it enough to compensate for the experience bugs in BG
4%
Make it slightly less effective than other means of leveling
4%
Make leveling in BG just as effective as other means of leveling
42%
Make it slightly more effective to start as many BGs as possible
34%

Total votes: 71

Cover25

Re: Poll: Experience in BG

#46 » Post by Cover25 » 15 Oct 2012 20:25

Roel wrote:Btw we need more horde mods, just saying :P
+1

hudson.mayhew

#47 » Post by hudson.mayhew » 15 Oct 2012 23:38

This is probably one of the best ideas ever!

Cover25

#48 » Post by Cover25 » 15 Oct 2012 23:41

hudson.mayhew wrote:This is probably one of the best ideas ever!
This is probably one of the best posts ever!

narcissa

#49 » Post by narcissa » 16 Oct 2012 13:12

Arockalypse wrote:How about 10-79 being able to queue RDF and BG ?
and once you enter let's say a BG, it removes you from RDF queue
or when you enter RDF, it removes you from BG queue ?
If that could be done i believe it would help alot.
Bump.

Is this being considered?

Roel
Founder

#50 » Post by Roel » 16 Oct 2012 13:13

No, it's already accepted. Now we just need to know how it can be coded if possible at all...

narcissa

#51 » Post by narcissa » 16 Oct 2012 13:22

Yeah, that's what I meant :/

Well, I guess you'll update us when you know.

Roel
Founder

#52 » Post by Roel » 16 Oct 2012 17:09

I wrote another script because I finally found a way to make BGs even in player count. It should no longer allow one faction to join with an extra player. Especially at low levels this can have a huge impact. However if someone leaves the BG or doesn't enter when invited then it could still be uneven.

This will be applied at next crash and hopefully it will work like it should. Too bad I couldn't finish it before last crash or it would already be applied :/

Oh and arena announcement spam will be halved by no longer sending "exit" messages. This will stay until a better solution is coded.

Discarnate

#53 » Post by Discarnate » 17 Oct 2012 10:27

Roel,

You know, as I sat on my computer logging into the game earlier today with a hot cup of tea, a smooth idea came into my head. It's not so much as a separate idea as it is more of an improvement to my former idea i.e. this.

One of the most important parts of the game is to go through the rites of passage. Learning your class as you level up through all sorts of encounters is what keeps you from being a clueless 80 as we may see in some instant 80 servers.

To ensure that we maintain quality as well as quantity of our future 80s, I suggest you a modification of the rate inflation in BGs. I'll explain in two parts.

First, the why.

The way it is now, it's very possible for new and inexperienced players to monotonously level throughout BGs while turning a blind eye to a massive part of the game, its ways, and the total properties of their own classes. These people will rush to 80 and practically want to do the same while completely denying the raiding scenario or anything related to anything outside BGs. They'll make BGs imbalanced while making terrible raiders when the need comes.

Secondly, the what.

I suggest three different rates for three different parts of leveling. Most of the players struggle until they reach Outland. Leveling becomes easier and more fun then for most people. Questing is also the best possible solution at that time for speed leveling, upgrading to the new era of gear, and an overall development of their own classes as they max out their chosen talent trees. As they need it, we also need to motivate them to do things other than BGs. I'd say, keep the rates as they are right now (10x if I'm guessing right) for 10-19 to 50-59. Make it half (5x in that sense) of that for 60-69. Otherwise, due to the XP inflation from the old world to Outland, the leveling speed will become unreal. And then, pull it down to barely 3x for 70 to 79. Players must familiarize themselves with RDFs since they'll be needing the experience to do them in heroic for farming emblems as they hit 80, and also, because there are plenty of things to do at that time. A player in 70-79 player will need to be getting ready to be an 80, and therefore must be going through the hard times that is Northrend. And, if you're worried that players will leave. Don't be. A player who played upto Northrend isn't gonna go anywhere.

Regards.

P.S. Players also need to do other things for their own good and for the good of the community. They must mine, skin and pick herbs just like any lowbie should. Gathering professions must flourish to make the AH stimulated. This will stimulate crafting professions before and at 80. That will make things cheaper and more available. Less cost, more fun. The whole eco-system, lol. That's why a balance is good.
Law Student | Professional Musician

"Those who are heartless, once cared too much."

Discarnate: Shaman [PvP] Enh. - 5/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Enh. - 6389 GS
Discussion: Warrior [PvP] Arms - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Fury - 6566 GS
Discalceate: Druid [PvP] Feral - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Cat - 6356 GS
Discordance: DK [PvP] Unh. - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Unh. - 6194 GS

Armory links embedded.

Former guild Leader of "Hellraisers", a Horde guild.

Roel
Founder

#54 » Post by Roel » 18 Oct 2012 18:13

That surely is a detailed post and I see what you mean. At this moment I can't change the rates for different brackets yet and it will be some work to code that.

For 70-79 I agree with reducing it because it's an active bracket however for 60-69 I see less reason because it isn't really active. I also don't think the rate inflation has such an impact, the experience per kill is a lot more but the experience required to level is also increased. In the end a level 60 needs more kills to level than a level 59, just like at all levels it's a progressive system.

I also want to note that only about15-20% of the online players below level 80 are in a BG at any one time. This means that 80-85% is doing other stuff. And for the few players that only decide to do BGs, they will be forced to do some PvE for gear because honor gear and heirlooms don't cover everything. Next to that, BGs don't give any gold to cover costs such as new skills, mounts and other upgrades. Especially new players will need to obtain gold and professions are a good way to achieve this.

Honestly I think the only players that will only level by means of BGs are alts of 80s. But in the end I agree with lowering xp for the 70-79 bracket. 10-19 is also active but it should stay like that for new players and to reduce the impact of twinks.

Discarnate

#55 » Post by Discarnate » 19 Oct 2012 08:05

Of course, you'll know better. I'm just giving you the theories. You have the actual stats at your hands. Pick whatever is suitable, archive the rest. =)
Law Student | Professional Musician

"Those who are heartless, once cared too much."

Discarnate: Shaman [PvP] Enh. - 5/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Enh. - 6389 GS
Discussion: Warrior [PvP] Arms - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Fury - 6566 GS
Discalceate: Druid [PvP] Feral - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Cat - 6356 GS
Discordance: DK [PvP] Unh. - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Unh. - 6194 GS

Armory links embedded.

Former guild Leader of "Hellraisers", a Horde guild.

narcissa

#56 » Post by narcissa » 19 Oct 2012 10:52

I agree with Roel. Being more of a fan of pvp and being fed up of leveling by quests mostly, I would love to just level in bgs. But this ain't possible, I am forced to do instances to upgrade my gear, else I'm totally doing nothing in bgs. And it's fair, any new toon should experience both pvp and pve since you have to know the mechanics of both.

So in summary, there's no danger of anyone really leveling only by pvping, even for 80s alts.

Roel
Founder

#57 » Post by Roel » 21 Oct 2012 12:03

I would appreciate if there would be some input on the current leveling speed in BG compared to RDF/questing. I am sure the level and amount of players in BG also plays a role so please also explain on which conditions your experience was based.

Subotai

#58 » Post by Subotai » 27 Oct 2012 19:13

For a player like myself that likes questing as much as pvp, this new policy is affecting my leveling experience. After a couple of battlegrounds (and also it depends on winning, losing, flag caps, hks) I gain, at least, one level. My quests start getting obsolete; orange quests become yellow; yellow ones, green. I don't know if anyone is frustrated like I am and wants the experience rate to be set to normal. If this is not the case then, can you reduce the amount of experience gain? Because really, it's too much...

narcissa

#59 » Post by narcissa » 27 Oct 2012 20:38

2 bgs and one level? o.O how do you even do that o:

Mmeko

#60 » Post by Mmeko » 27 Oct 2012 20:46

you would really have to farm the other faction quite a lot, but yeah it does feel a bit easier to level that way as long as your team is winning